Official "Fuck this stupid ass-commercial" thread

Prepuce of Doom

On 1/6/2021 at 10:19 AM, High Plains Drifter said:

Hipster dipshit lives on an island in what appears to be paradise, but he drives his land cruiser 200 yards to get fresh bread and eggs, and saves on car insurance!

I hope the next hurricane cleanses that entire island of all life.

On 1/6/2021 at 10:31 AM, HenryJames said:

And there’s a black dude on the island.

And as someone else pointed out, he sits 6 inches from his steering wheel. I can't not notice that every time now. 

Also it looks like he hasn't washed his hair in a few months. 

• Hook 'Em 1

The All State commercial with astronauts driving the lunar rover off a cliff is pretty goddamn stupid. First of all, they have a disclaimer on the bottom that says “do not attempt” and secondly they say those astronauts just saved $43 for safe driving after driving off said cliff.

• Hook 'Em 2

On 1/5/2021 at 11:50 AM, Jimbaround said:

How about the Hyundai Santa Fe commercial where the pussy family has to immediately stop for milk because the beef jerky was too hot.

That was just on and my 10 year old said "they drove a long way, wouldn't it be worthless to drink milk at that point"

• Haha 2

The "Parenta-Life" coach asking if we really need a sign to Live Laugh & Love, gets all positive responses and immediately trashes the sign.... yeah... I fucking laughed out loud the fist time I saw that.... and its still funny on the 10th showing.

Edited by AUS-97HORN
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 1/1/2021 at 5:23 AM, Bama Llama said:

"No Regrets" is fine music and Piaf awesome.  Combining those with wobbly Jello and Fuzzy slippers on car tops every. fucking. five. minutes. since football started in September makes me hate all music and everything French, at least until my madness and rage slowly abate.  Zut, alors!

Is this the most aired commercial right now?  I love that music and it was tolerable the first 10 times I saw it.  But, it is pretty much on a continuous loop right now.

21 hours ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

They started to play the "Flo, Oh Danny Boy" ad again.  Yech.

"I've literally told you 1000 times" still make me laugh, though.

Meanwhile, there's some quality riffs out now for dads to annoy with.  "Scoop, there it is" is already headed for that hall of fame.  Also useful is:

yum

chili, chili

chili dog yum

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Longhornstampede said:

Is USAA fucking hurting for membership or do they just like blowing wads of cash unnecessarily on every medium around. I'm tired of seeing and hearing about bald headed Martin and his house and that fucking music. Fuck em

Or that one dude with the really unfortunate looking 6 head daughter. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

On 12/13/2020 at 11:44 AM, Dennis Taylor said:

I must admit "Hey Hamlin,  I like your PJs" and his reaction make me snicker every time 

I hate this commercial with the heat of 1000 suns. Like that dumb little bitch would even know who Denny Hamlin is.

CHIEF

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

I am so tired of all the virtue signaling in commercials.

Latest offender- the Chick-fil-A commercial where the tech splits the couch with a white table that he measures to be (apparently) 6' before the actors sit down to tell their sappy chicken-related story.

Almost makes me not want waffle fries.

Almost.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, RamjetFDO said:

Latest offender- the Chick-fil-A commercial where the tech splits the couch with a white table that he measures to be (apparently) 6' before the actors sit down to tell their sappy chicken-related story.

Almost.

Those waffle fries suck ass.

Cold before you can get to the table to eat them.

• Hook 'Em 2

Almost.

Take it to the Cloak Room

On 1/10/2021 at 10:02 AM, AUS-97HORN said:

The "Parenta-Life" coach asking if we really need a sign to Live Laugh & Love, gets all positive responses and immediately trashes the sign.... yeah... I fucking laughed out loud the fist time I saw that.... and its still funny on the 10th showing.

yea the way he just grabs that shit from her and tosses it makes me laugh out loud

and I think I have already mentioned it, but that sheba cat food commercial is horrible where the bitch tells the kid to get two bandaids

• Hook 'Em 1

On 1/9/2021 at 2:34 PM, clapclapclap said:

Dammit Geico, "We have an aunt problem" was awesome, but the "We have fencing issues" was an abortion, and now they've tripled down with a lame pipes knockoff.  Move on.

I liked the RATT one because it came out of the blue I think it was the first plus getting RATT to actually do that.....now they have jumped the shark

• Hook 'Em 1

18 hours ago, ButtFumble said:

yea the way he just grabs that shit from her and tosses it makes me laugh out loud

and I think I have already mentioned it, but that sheba cat food commercial is horrible where the bitch tells the kid to get two bandaids

I want Dr Rick to be real and take my insurance so I can get rid of tons of useless trinkets that have accumulated in my house 

• Hook 'Em 1

I liked the RATT one because it came out of the blue I think it was the first plus getting RATT to actually do that.....now they have jumped the shark

It’s just a matter of time before “Jumping the shark” gets worked into an ad campaign. “Our competitors prices are so high, they’ve hired Evil Knieval’s son to jump a shark!”

On 1/12/2021 at 5:46 AM, Steamboat1874 said:

Those waffle fries suck ass.

Cold before you can get to the table to eat them.

Therein lies the fatal flaw of the waffle fry.  By design it's essentially a radiator;  convoluted, high surface area to volume ratio.  It's built to dissipate heat.  Such a shame, because it's catsup holding capacity it unparalleled.  

• Like 1