Official "Fuck this stupid ass-commercial" thread

Prepuce of Doom

19 hours ago, Radical Larry said:

Fire this shit into the sun.

I stopped on my way to the pisser to watch this one, thinking something cool was about to happen. When I realized that I had been duped I wanted to shit my pants in anger and disgust. 

• Like 3

On 1/30/2021 at 8:21 PM, Radical Larry said:

The chicken dance commercial from Jack in the Box needs to die in a grease fire.

They should bring back one of the world's greatest commercials:

(And bring back the sandwich)

Edited by clapclapclap
((And and bring back football))
  • Like 1

I stopped on my way to the pisser to watch this one, thinking something cool was about to happen. When I realized that I had been duped I wanted to shit my pants in anger and disgust. 

I can’t imagine the ego it would take to think that when my young fledgling company is shooting its advertising budget on a Super Bowl commercial, what viewers would enjoy seeing is my stupid, punchable face warbling an idiotic jingle behind a keyboard.

Considering how much money is spent on these commercials it’s surprising when they come in with really mundane, uncreative stuff. Of course the alternative is just throwing in a bunch of celebrity cameos which is also lazy.

that Oat Milk ad was fucking terribad. 

the only thing I can think of that since so many advertisers pulled out before the game, that they were somehow able to buy that time at a much cheaper amount than normal 

either way, the dude was caterwalling like a randy tomcat.... made me think of the scene in Goldeneye when Minnie Driver is doing a terrible Russian singing accent and Bond asks who is strangling the cat

43 minutes ago, AUS-97HORN said:

I guess I was in the minority, but I really liked the Mila/Ashton/Shaggy ad. 

maybe because his two main hits happened while I was at UT and it has nostaglia 

The Cheetos commercial was so bad- Kutcher trying to sing and Kunis with Cheetos all over her face like a 3 year old was cringe-inducing.

Overall, the Super Bowl commercials were mediocre to bad. In my opinion, the m&m commercial and Will Ferrell Hybrid Cadillac commercial were the best of the worst.

2 hours ago, AUS-97HORN said:

I guess I was in the minority, but I really liked the Mila/Ashton/Shaggy ad. 

maybe because his two main hits happened while I was at UT and it has nostaglia 

Shaggy had 2 hits?

On review - looks like he had 3 pretty big hits. Forgot about Angel. 

Edited by ztejas

Rewatching the Oatly ad... not sure if it was intentional or not, but it's actually genius marketing. It was unforgettably awful and has dominated discussion of the game and ads everywhere today. For a company that, previously, I'm not sure anyone had heard of. Their return on that ad investment is going to be astronomical.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, elfenix said:

friendly reminder that it's much easier to fire something out of the solar system than into the sun

Suck it up and make the extra effort. If in 25,000 years an alien civilization stumbles across this they will most certainly come to kick our asses.

• Haha 1

On 2/14/2021 at 9:35 PM, XYZ said:

Grubhub commercials annoy the fuck out of me. The music, the way they dance and stuff their faces with food, everything about those ads is annoying.

No kidding.  What the hell is going on with this shit?  Kroger has a version as well.  Watch at your own risk.  To add, for a split second, I had a thought as to if it would be possible to punch an animation.

• Hook 'Em 2

Sure we hate those two commercials, but somewhere out there are people who laugh out loud that at the fat guy in the green coat dancing and thinks the little nondescript brown kid at the end of the Grubhub commercial doing his knees back and forth dance while holding what seems to be a hamburger up in the air is adorable.  Those people are drooling, mouth breathing cretins.  I guess creating an ad that people viscerally hate is a way to get them to remember their product.  If that was their goal, then bravo.  

Edited by Lhorn
  • Like 1

Grubhub commercials annoy the fuck out of me. The music, the way they dance and stuff their faces with food, everything about those ads is annoying.

The vibe I get from them is "hey it's okay to be a fat piece of shit and shamelessly order delivery multiple times a week"

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Longhornstampede said:

That fucking commercial for the minivan where those dumb tests think it's so wild and crazy to just go jump in a lake.....GTFO

That one cracks me up. No group of girls has ever done that. Drunken frat boys on a ski trip? Maybe. 

And not to make it a race thing, but, you know... cultural tendencies, getting hair wet, etc. 

I'll be damned. 

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Longhornstampede said:

The fat guy in the green sweater is on the DPS sex offender website somewhere.

That fucking commercial for the minivan where those dumb tests think it's so wild and crazy to just go jump in a lake.....GTFO

Dumb bitches also think Labs have long hair.

1 hour ago, ztejas said:

That one cracks me up. No group of girls has ever done that. Drunken frat boys on a ski trip? Maybe. 

And not to make it a race thing, but, you know... cultural tendencies, getting hair wet, etc. 

I'll be damned. 

they also use the whitest lady as the voiceover actress for the black girl who stays in the van. could not be more obvious. 

Oh fuck yeah. This had been going on for seems like 3-5 years. Ridiculously slowed down, some times a cappella, overly dramatic, syrupy, voice cracking, etc. Often upbeat songs sung very slowly. Sometimes very old songs. Common thread seems to be trying to be overtly dramatic or “artsy” with a tune that wasn’t written that way. Hate it with a fiery passion.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 2/18/2021 at 10:49 PM, ztejas said:

The vibe I get from them is "hey it's okay to be a fat piece of shit and shamelessly order delivery multiple times a week"

It gets worse each time I watch it. Every character is overweight and euphoria dancing because they get more fastfood.

25% of the YouTube videos that I watch are currently preceded by an advertisement for a supplement that supposedly gives men bigger balls. Like, not more testosterone, but physically larger testicles. Ignoring what they says about my video search history--and it ain't great--is this an actual thing that men think women want? Big ol' saggy balls? They're making money off of this? I am perplexed. Are men really this dumb and desperate? (rhetorical)

Edited by aggie08
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

25% of the YouTube videos that I watch are currently preceded by an advertisement for a supplement that supposedly gives men bigger balls. Like, not more testosterone, but physically larger testicles. Ignoring what they says about my video search history--and it ain't great--is this an actual thing that men think women want? Big ol' saggy balls? They're making money off of this? I am perplexed. Are men really this dumb and desperate? (rhetorical)

Aggy jokes really do write themselves 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

27 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

Put on your new shoes, put on your gown, Big Balls in Cowtown, Big Balls in town.  

• Like 2

I guess there’s some service called “chime” where they give you an advance on your paycheck. The dumb chick in the commercial brags about walking into her job gloating about getting paid before everyone else. Who gives a fuck? Go get a job where you don’t live paycheck to paycheck.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Billy Pilgrim said:

I guess there’s some service called “chime” where they give you an advance on your paycheck. The dumb chick in the commercial brags about walking into her job gloating about getting paid before everyone else. Who gives a fuck? Go get a job where you don’t live paycheck to paycheck.

I assume one is charged for this magical time machine that gets you your paycheck a few days early?  Imagine being friends or colleagues with such fucking knuckle dragging, mouth breathing losers that paying a fraction of your paycheck to get your money a few days early (because you are THAT FLAT-ASS BROKE) makes you feel like you're the king of the castle.  

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Billy Pilgrim said:

It's not some sort of wizardry. Chime is a bank. They offer direct deposit (like 99% of all banks). You get paid 1 - 2 days early because your employer direct deposits instead of physically printing a paper check and having to sort and deliver it. If you are still cashing a paper check you have the olds. 

On 2/19/2021 at 1:10 AM, Longhornstampede said:

The fat guy in the green sweater is on the DPS sex offender website somewhere.

On 2/19/2021 at 2:04 PM, ztejas said:

I'll be damned. 

The best/most ridiculous part of the minivan jumping in the lake is the disclaimer telling us Do Not Attempt.