Official "Fuck this stupid ass-commercial" thread

Prepuce of Doom

I wanted to mention the "hood ornament duet" and how it's probably the stupidest fucking thing I've seen in years, but y'all seem to have noticed already.

I guess instead I'll mention the perpetually irritating spectrum lady and her fake-ass talk show, which likely doesn't apply to any of you.

1 hour ago, TheStoicPaisano said:

Mutombo >>>>>> Lily, the Admiral & his weird balding pattern.

937BEFD9-DCF9-417E-9523-05A0D15FBD78.jpeg

Fuck anyone that says one bad word about David Robinson.  If you can do that, you probably hate puppies, whiskey, and pussy.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Deamerxt said:

Is there a fucking psoriasis epidemic I don't know about in this country? Cause there aren't enough ads for this shit already, I just saw another new one. I dunno wtf for, as soon as I realized, I muted that shit and went for more coffee.

I've posted this same sentiment several times on this thread. There are currently at least SEVEN actively advertising different brand-name drugs that claim to fix psoriasis.

SEVEN!

7 recognizable brand names and another 2-3 generic names

several of the brand names actively advertising have been around so long, they have lost their patent and now have a recognizable generic name ( recognizable because each of the fucking brand name ads specifically reference their performance vs the generic drugs )

5 minutes ago, Billy Pilgrim said:

I have psoriasis so this thread hits close to home.

for the love of God man, you cant just jump on a thread like this tell us you have this disease that requires over 90 treatments and not tell us which of the  $28,000+ PER TREATMENT being advertised you use !!!!!!!

phew, turns out they arent all $28k they are a relative bargain at $12k

and the one advertised the most is the cheapest...  just a paltry $6k

so which of these multi thousand dollar treatments work for you man!!!!!

40 minutes ago, AUS-97HORN said:

for the love of God man, you cant just jump on a thread like this tell us you have this disease that requires over 90 treatments and not tell us which of the  $28,000+ PER TREATMENT being advertised you use !!!!!!!

phew, turns out they arent all $28k they are a relative bargain at $12k

and the one advertised the most is the cheapest...  just a paltry $6k

so which of these multi thousand dollar treatments work for you man!!!!!

I use a topical steroid. I don’t want any of that shit killing my immune system.

1 hour ago, DougO said:

The flavored Coke commercial "two things at the same time" is creepy AF. Get it off my TV.

I am convinced that Coke planned on releasing that ad campaign last Sept/ October and for some reason it never got released.... and they decided that since they were a sponsor of the Tournament, and couldnt film cool new ads in the last year due to covid, to go ahead and just use that ad campaign during the Tournament. 

it makes no sense otherwise.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

I took advertising in college and the prof made it sound like there was all kinds of research, focus groups, psychology, etc... involved in every ad campaign.  I think she and Mad Men lied to me.  I know that ads and tv appeal to the lowest denominator of society these days, but good Lord, put some thought into it people.

• Hook 'Em 1

16 hours ago, DougO said:

Yeah, it seemed like it was more tailored for the now outdated Twilight era of gen z teen vampires and werewolves kinda thing.

What the fuck is that guy that comes out from behind the counter supposed to be?

Looks like he has donkey legs.

Edited by Steamboat1874

10 hours ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

I took advertising in college and the prof made it sound like there was all kinds of research, focus groups, psychology, etc... involved in every ad campaign.  I think she and Mad Men lied to me.  I know that ads and tv appeal to the lowest denominator of society these days, but good Lord, put some thought into it people.

If you've ever been around a group of average dumb people, aka average Americans.. you'll hear them all cackle in agreement about how funny these ads are

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Rage+1 1