Official "Fuck this stupid ass-commercial" thread

Prepuce of Doom

29 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

Fuck Kawhi...rot in hell.

Oh, and why did kamikaze pilots wear helmets?

Why do we drive on a parkway but park on a driveway?

Why does sour cream have an expiration date?

• Hook 'Em 1

Kawhi seems like he’s be a great actor.  All the range and emotion of a cinder block. 

He says his line like he’s nervous that he’ll wreck the fake car he’s driving in front of a green screen. 

Edited by Lhorn

22 hours ago, Hate said:

Fuck Kawhi...rot in hell.

Oh, and why did kamikaze pilots wear helmets?

Why do we drive on a parkway but park on a driveway?

Why does sour cream have an expiration date?

If 7/11 is open 24hrs, why are there locks on the doors???

Kawhi seems like he’s be a great actor.  All the range and emotion of a cinder block. 

He says his line like he’s nervous that he’ll wreck the fake car he’s driving in front of a green screen. 

I wish he would.
  • Hook 'Em 1

On 5/26/2021 at 8:36 PM, 83Horn said:

This fucker needs a shower, shave, haircut...and a swift kick in the balls:

Dude is the spitting image of my freshman roommate. He used to take ecstasy by himself on weeknights and dance with glowsticks in the bathroom mirror. 

• Haha 1

Speak of JFSF, have we talked about the CP3 Jr Jr thing? Not scrolling back. I mean he's a kid so I'm not ripping him but maybe whoever was directing or filming the commercial could have gotten some kind of more intelligible soundbite of Jr Jr saying "I wasn't even recording!" instead "I don't...I wasn't even....record...global warming" or whatever the fuck he mumbles. 

3 hours ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

I don't get the whole famous DJ thing.  Does it really take a lot of skill and talent to spin records.

This, and I thought I heard that the music is all mixed on a computer beforehand and you essentially hit play on the laptop.  The turntables and such are just a prop.

I mean you still have to hold a head phone to just one ear, bop your head and ask tell the audience you want them to make some noise and when they make some noise, you have to tell them that you can’t hear them (even though you can hear them - well).  I guess there’s some skill in that.  

Any surly scratchers skilled on the 1s and 2s confirm this?

Edited by Lhorn
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

On 5/27/2021 at 10:26 PM, NorthLoop said:

Dude is the spitting image of my freshman roommate. He used to take ecstasy by himself on weeknights and dance with glowsticks in the bathroom mirror. 

and here I thought my freshman roommate who could make a bong out of an apple was something 

I take no position on The Doctor, but leave Lil' Sweet alone!

LeaveBritneyAlone.jpg

He's the sweet one!!!

Plus

Spoiler

Justin Guarini needs a gig. That bitch Kelly Clarkson got all the good deals. 

Edited by RPM
  • Hook 'Em 1

On 4/27/2021 at 10:29 PM, Dennis Taylor said:

Apparently Domino's is bringing back the Noid. 

We saw the Noid commercial tonight. I'm 41, my wife is 38. I said, "Oh fuck, the Noid commercial." She said, "What are you talking about? What is the Noid?"

Are we the dividing line between those who remember the Noid and those who don't?

3 minutes ago, HornOnTheBayou said:

We saw the Noid commercial tonight. I'm 41, my wife is 38. I said, "Oh fuck, the Noid commercial." She said, "What are you talking about? What is the Noid?"

Are we the dividing line between those who remember the Noid and those who don't?

Maybe so. I'm 52 so you must have been pretty young when they ran that dumbass idea the first time 

16 hours ago, Prepuce of Doom said:

The Noid was "popular" (and I use that word loosely) from 1986 to 1989.

And the ending of the whole ad campaign has a pretty fucked up final chapter - see the "Decline" portion of the Wiki page:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Noid

Police Chief Reed Miller told reporters, "He's para-noid."[11] 

Lol what a dick

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Applebee's using the Cheers theme in their commercials is about like aggy claiming fake championships and putting phony banners up to celebrate them. crApplebee's sucks ass in the first place, but that's pretty aggy. They should be called aggybee's. Fuck crApplebee's / aggybee's.

Edited by DougO

if i ever hear an actual person say, "how about a Beam & Ginger high ball?" in real life, then i am going to assault that person.

also, that ad makes zero sense. guy number 1 has a get together at his house, and he fills a cooler with beers. guy number two shows up, so guy number one offers him a beer from the cooler of beers that guy number one bought for his get together. guy number two immediately gets so flummoxed that he becomes alice in wonderland, so then guy number one, the host of the get together who bought the beers and put them in a cooler out in his backyard, worriedly grabs guy number two and says, "how about a Beam & ginger high ball instead?", after which they both nod in affirmation and then take a deep breath and wipe their brow, as if they just avoided making some life altering mistake. 

how the fuck did that idea become an actual commercial?

8 minutes ago, hundredTT said:

Car commercials are getting worse and worse. 

And the Toyota one where two other cars drive next to their friend wishing her luck for a job interview and have a banner. 

His poor Subaru-driving, lesbian sister. He made her late for her own wedding because of a cat. 

22 hours ago, hundredTT said:

And the Toyota one where two other cars drive next to their friend wishing her luck for a job interview and have a banner. 

well, we know this whatever generation (igen? Gen Z-1?) needs to be told how great they are every day, the commercial just shows all that gen that true friends will try to run you off the road and distract you right before a job interview... in a car that if you look at the logo wrong.... looks like a fucking Volkswagen emblem. 

23 hours ago, hundredTT said:

Car commercials are getting worse and worse. 

And she parks right up front like she owns the place.