Official "Fuck this stupid ass-commercial" thread

Prepuce of Doom

On 6/5/2021 at 6:16 PM, Baboontyme said:

The new Verizon commercials with Kate McKinnon. I don't understand. You paid a room full of people to pretend to talk to one another and nervously glance at Kate McKinnon while she struts around like an ostrich?

HOw many times are they going to run this fucking spot during an NBA game? Stop it. 

The one with Rashida Jones making shit happen for her partner, whatever thing. No particular problem with it other they why is she wearing a ludicriously humongous shirt? It looks full retard. It's all I can think about while that commercial is on.

Even David Byrne of Talking Heads is probably thinking, "you may ask yourself, why such a big suit?" I keep thinking of the old SNL bit from the 80s, which NBC makes pretty much unavailable.

f131d3c8ece25121b8a676f46f231ef8.jpg

Edited by DougO

On 6/18/2021 at 1:04 PM, Lhorn said:

I suspect the urge to throw a grenade at his TV when a specific commercial comes on is hyperbole. I mean, if the remote were 3 feet away when the commercial comes on, I bet he just sits through the commercial. 

Wrong.   I leave the room and go poor another drink.  

why the fuck has no one mentioned the idiotic and non-sensical Oscar Meyer commercial where a massive church choir all get excited singing the same fucking  yum word 30 times?

that doesnt make we want to buy processed meats... it make me want to destroy your entire setup at the grocery store. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

I’m confused by this Kraft cheese ad I’ve seen a billion times. Mom comes home from work and asks her kids what they want for dinner. They all yell out different fast food ideas. “I want a bucket of chicken!”. Then the next scene is them all eating what is apparently homemade pizza. Then the tagline, “Kraft. It’s the easiest because it’s the cheesiest.”

I guess the point is it’s easier to make your own fucking pizza from scratch than it is to order in or get fast food, because “it’s the cheesiest”?

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Red Five said:

I’m confused by this Kraft cheese ad I’ve seen a billion times. Mom comes home from work and asks her kids what they want for dinner. They all yell out different fast food ideas. “I want a bucket of chicken!”. Then the next scene is them all eating what is apparently homemade pizza. Then the tagline, “Kraft. It’s the easiest because it’s the cheesiest.”

I guess the point is it’s easier to make your own fucking pizza from scratch than it is to order in or get fast food, because “it’s the cheesiest”?

Mom said fuck all of you I’m ordering dominos.

1 hour ago, Red Five said:

Plus the Kraft cheese commercials about if your kid won’t eat their healthy vegetables just drown that shit in Kraft cheese 

• Like 1

There's also some other dumbass Kraft Mac 'n Cheez commercial on the kids channels where the voiceover proclaims that serving the product to children is a "win win" and the dad is a highly punchable, smugly proud imbecile. 

And the fact that the dad isn't serving it to a couple of Vietnamese kids "for the Nguyen Nguyen" shows a disappointing lack of creativity by the ad wizards. 

Edited by Prepuce of Doom

Listen. I'm not trying to tell people how to think, or how to deal with deep personal feelings. I'm really not. You guys do you. If eating processed boxed food is how you guys mourn, by all means. But I'm getting hammered drunk on tequila right now trying to come to grips with the fact that Grandpa is gay. 

Eli Lilly has been doing their “we believe everyone is awesome, discrimination is bad” commercials on TV recently.  As long as they’ve got lots and lots of money to afford your drugs right Lilly?  Something rubs me the wrong way about a money grubbing pharmaceutical company virtue signaling and acting like they are a source of moral direction. 

Edited by Lhorn
  • Like 4

4 hours ago, Lhorn said:

Eli Lilly has been doing their “we believe everyone is awesome, discrimination is bad” commercials on TV recently.  As long as they’ve got lots and lots of money to afford your drugs right Lilly?  Something rubs me the wrong way about a money grubbing pharmaceutical company virtue signaling and acting like they are a source of moral direction. 

But Hollywood patrons are some of their best customers. 

2 hours ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

Good Lord, Discovery brought back this gem...

10 posts up. And probably twice on every page going back. But I am not condemning you for re-posting. It deserves all of the rage that all of the reposts bring on. And then some. It's still top two for me along with singing hood ornament. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1

42 minutes ago, Baboontyme said:

10 posts up. And probably twice on every page going back. But I am not condemning you for re-posting. It deserves all of the rage that all of the reposts bring on. And then some. It's still top two for me along with singing hood ornament. 

Shoot them. Shoot them both.

12 hours ago, Prepuce of Doom said:

CAN I HAVE A TASTE OF YOUR OICE CRAEME??? 

I hate Apple. But this is a pretty good commercial (the first 5x I saw it). I have to begrudgingly give Apple credit sometimes for their spots. They are always overplayed and get tired, true. But some of them are relevant, kind of funny, and have perfect music for the subject matter (Who's got the sauce). Others fall short in all 3 of these areas (woman juggling her phone spot). 

First time I saw this one - why are all of these people following this dude? Oh this song - they are invading this guy's privacy. Kind of clever. 

Yes the bar is very low. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Prepuce of Doom said:

CAN I HAVE A TASTE OF YOUR OICE CRAEME??? 

Never in my wildest dreams did I ever think I would hear Delta 5 coming out of my tv speakers.  Haven't thought about that band since 1985 or so, decent post-punk/New Wave music, but the unison female singers are just awful...

On 6/18/2021 at 10:13 AM, Trey3216 said:

"Can I have a bite of your Ice Cream?"  

"No, mind your own business.  Why don't you mind your own business."

I want to throw a grenade at my tv every time I see that one.  

about a week ago i was watching two different baseball games, one on TV and one on my phone, and not only did both go to commercial at the same time, but this ad was playing on both. i legit almost threw my phone at the TV. 

• Rage+1 1

33 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

about a week ago i was watching two different baseball games, one on TV and one on my phone, and not only did both go to commercial at the same time, but this ad was playing on both. i legit almost threw my phone at the TV. 

It’s such an asswhipping.  Have seen it a hundred fifty times between the US Open and Euro coverage.   

"This is what 30 minutes of boot camp tastes like...Come on Peloton!"  Yeah, right.  Does this idiotic "motivation" actually help one's workout?  If I had to listen to that, I'd be inclined to throw my stationary bike through the window.

The convoluted story the new Dr. Pepper Zero commercial tries to tell is so bad. Such an odd, poorly conceived ad.

Soda scientist had to isolate herself in a bunker to work on new soda formula, ghosting a guy she was dating, or perhaps went on one date with?The length and/or seriousness of their relationship is unclear. Anyway, weird clingy guy shows up to press conference with flowers (which are dead because… they’re left over from their last date?). Hilarious awkward confrontation ensues!

Huh?

Edited by CurlyDumps
  • Rage+1 1