Official "Fuck this stupid ass-commercial" thread

Prepuce of Doom

On 9/19/2021 at 9:45 PM, Biff Tannen said:

I have an unstoppable rage reaction when this comes on. I am jumping over the couch trying to get to the remote to mute the tv. The creators of this commercial should tortured. 

On 9/19/2021 at 9:46 PM, Eskimohorn said:

What if I told you if was played as a non-commercial at the UT game last night?

Is it a real song and not just a TV commercial song?

17 minutes ago, PittsburghTiger said:

Is it a real song and not just a TV commercial song?

in this case, yes... google is your friend.   

I dont know the details, but I think the song itself is a few years old and the singer and his teenage daughter released themselves creating "new" dance moves sometime before summer started and it went tik tok viral where everyone tried to imitate the dance moves. 

10 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

that commercial with the two Asian chicks just came on again, and these hoes DO. NOT. LOOK. ANYTHING. ALIKE. buncha racist MFers out there. shit is appalling.

im seriously not even joking. if you ever thought that was the same chick you are either blind or racist. 

Here's the thing though. My rage and scorn is not for the people who wondered if it's the same girl. No. It's reserved for the fucking ad/marketing execs who somehow, somewhere sat in a fucking room and made a conscious decision to cast two similar looking people for... Some reason?? They decided to cast two Asian women, with long hair, with glasses. It's not that they look like the same person, but it's purposeful. They didn't decide to cast an Asian woman and an Indian woman with short hair. They WANTED people to question if it was the same person. That's what really irks me. What is that fucking reason?? It's not related to the product so far as I can figure. Is the cash "match" supposed to be representative of the "match" between the caller and the call center rep? Is it just supposed to be a random coincidence? Was it designed to make people at home like you and I angry? I do believe they have other commercials with a similar dynamic, but they are not nearly as annoying, nor do they run them every 13 seconds. It's a terrible, awful ad campaign, and whoever came up with it should be strung up by their ballsack and pelted with animal feces. 

• Hook 'Em 2

23 minutes ago, RamjetFDO said:
14 hours ago, shadow_operative said:
that commercial with the two Asian chicks just came on again, and these hoes DO. NOT. LOOK. ANYTHING. ALIKE. buncha racist MFers out there. shit is appalling.

im seriously not even joking. if you ever thought that was the same chick you are either blind or racist. 

Fuck off Derka.

says the racist.

Older Asian lady is a hardcore WNBA fan who can't miss a play while family is imploring her to join the fun with everyone else.

LMAO.  Makes perfect sense.

Next scene is Archie Bunker type Jonesing for some Hallmark channel, right?

Edited by slorch

26 minutes ago, slorch said:

Older Asian lady is a hardcore WNBA fan who can't miss a play while family is imploring her to join the fun with everyone else.

LMAO.  Makes perfect sense.

Next scene is Archie Bunker type Jonesing for some Hallmark channel, right?

and again, her name is Emily. how many 90 year old born-and-raised-in-the-far-east women are there named Emily? zero, probably?

40 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

and again, her name is Emily. how many 90 year old born-and-raised-in-the-far-east women are there named Emily? zero, probably?

Now who's the racist? 

Plenty of Asians adopt Western names to help with assimilation and to generally make things easier when dealing with a culture unable and/or unwilling to pronounce their given names correctly.

Also, with respect to your original rant directed at everyone who thinks those women are similar looking, https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cross-race_effect

44 minutes ago, RamjetFDO said:
1 hour ago, shadow_operative said:
i am sorry

...that you are such a hate monger. 

The next time you whine to this board, your therapist, your social worker, or your mom about "people don't like me"... make sure and look here... you ignorant, useless, waste-of-oxygen, piece of shit.

oh my god, seriously? you've been serious this entire time? good lord man, take a chill pill, take a step back, and maybe realize that you are the one here who is acting like an insane person. 

43 minutes ago, Prepuce of Doom said:

Now who's the racist? 

Plenty of Asians adopt Western names to help with assimilation and to generally make things easier when dealing with a culture unable and/or unwilling to pronounce their given names correctly.

Also, with respect to your original rant directed at everyone who thinks those women are similar looking, https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cross-race_effect

wow. ive seen people bend over backwards to get wildly upset at the most innocuous shit, but you and ramjet are taking the cake here. ive been joking this entire time. i legitimately thought y'all were too. but no, you're taking me seriously when i jokingly call you a racist and a hate monger in thr bad commercials thread. you guys are so over eager to get upset at me it's just wild. 

3 minutes ago, RamjetFDO said:

Fuck off Derka, you useless piece of shit.

i don't know if you have something going on in your real life that's coming through in your posts right now, but you seriously might need to take a break. ive been joking this entire time dude. it's kind of my whole vibe. calm down and regroup. nothing on this thread is that serious dude. 

Edited by shadow_operative

1 minute ago, shadow_operative said:

i don't know if you have something going on in your real life that's coming through in your posts right now, but you seriously might need to take a break. ive been joking this entire time dude. it's kind of my whole vibe. calm down and regroup. nothing on this thread is that serious dude. 

Fuck off Derka, you useless piece of shit.

10 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

wow. ive seen people bend over backwards to get wildly upset at the most innocuous shit, but you and ramjet are taking the cake here. ive been joking this entire time. i legitimately thought y'all were too. but no, you're taking me seriously when i jokingly call you a racist and a hate monger in thr bad commercials thread. you guys are so over eager to get upset at me it's just wild. 

I've never had a problem with you before, but thanks for confirming that nothing you say should be taken seriously. 

And what "entire time" are you referring to? I've made exactly one post on this topic - the one where I "bent over backwards to get wildly upset."

Screenshot_20210926-144420_Chrome.jpg

Edited by Prepuce of Doom
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Prepuce of Doom said:

Screenshot_20210926-144420_Chrome.jpg

it's called hyperbole, and again, it's kinda my thing. i also said "shit is appalling", which i figured that was over-the-top enough to make it clear that i'm winking while i say it, but apparently not. never in a million years did i think that "buncha racist MFers out there, shit is appalling" would be taken seriously, particularly in this context and in this thread.

the arrested development clip, the over the top "hate monger" comment, the fact that i've repeatedly told you that i'm joking- please, don't let any of these things stop you two from making a federal case out of this. please do everything you can to continue to be offended and upset no matter what i say, all while convincing yourself that i'm the asshole who derails threads and starts/perpetuates silly fights for no reason. 

31 minutes ago, Hate said:

It’s a little racist to assume that she wasn’t born here and that her given name is something other than Emily.

Emily did not become a popular baby name in the USA until the 1980's, but yeah, it's super racist to assume that an Asian lady who was born in the 1930's was named Emily at birth. 

giphy.gif?cid=5e2148863kruj4lsjf4cr3vy8a

Emily did not become a popular baby name in the USA until the 1980's, but yeah, it's super racist to assume that an Asian lady who was born in the 1930's was named Emily at birth. 
giphy.gif?cid=5e2148863kruj4lsjf4cr3vy8appj49o6828aah1dwawbrkm&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g

Mei Li “Emily” Chen was born in Shanghai in 1936. She emigrated to the US in 1948 with her parents, both university literature professors. Her mother nicknamed her Emily after the American poet Emily Dickinson. Emily was the first Chinese women’s basketball player at the University of Washington. Emily married Ken Wang in Seattle in 1963. Emily raised 5 kids but also worked for Boeing all of her career as a data analyst. She retired in 2000, the same year the Seattle Storm WNBA was founded and she became a season ticket holder.

Does this backstory help you?
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Eskimohorn said:

Mei Li “Emily” Chen was born in Shanghai in 1936. She emigrated to the US in 1948 with her parents, both university literature professors. Her mother nicknamed her Emily after the American poet Emily Dickinson. Emily was the first Chinese women’s basketball player at the University of Washington. Emily married Ken Wang in Seattle in 1963. Emily raised 5 kids but also worked for Boeing all of her career as a data analyst. She retired in 2000, the same year the Seattle Storm WNBA was founded and she became a season ticket holder.

Does this backstory help you?

i'm just over here laughing at how seriously you all are taking this. how mad you are, how badly you want to stick it in my face. it's so funny the way you guys all do this to yourselves. if any other poster in this thread said the he didn't believe that a 90 year old chinese lady was named "Emily", you probably would have said, "actually, believe it or not Poster A, that commercial is about a real lady whose mom did in fact nickname her Emily." unfortunately, way too many of you take the things that i say and then process them through your rage-inducing derka filter and get all bent out of shape about it, and suddenly i'm "a worthless piece of shit" for saying something as benign as that, or for joking that ramjet is clearly a racist hate monger for thinking that two different asian ladies were the same gal.  i'm sorry, i just can't take any of this as seriously as you guys do.