Official "Fuck this stupid ass-commercial" thread

Prepuce of Doom

9 hours ago, Prepuce of Doom said:

Fuck DirecTV in the goatass. 

When I first subscribed to DirectTV (~ 2000) it was awesome.  Customer service was top notch.  It began going downhill around 2010.  After ATT took over, it was almost as if they were trying to kill off what was left.  The last time I called to lower my bill, the rep tried to convince me to drop my sports package because, "It was the summer and most sports weren't going on at the time". 

41 minutes ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

When I first subscribed to DirectTV (~ 2000) it was awesome.  Customer service was top notch.  It began going downhill around 2010.  After ATT took over, it was almost as if they were trying to kill off what was left.  The last time I called to lower my bill, the rep tried to convince me to drop my sports package because, "It was the summer and most sports weren't going on at the time". 

Exact same experience minus the sports package bit. But I had a separate batch of hell when moving cross country and trying to do their whole "it's really easy to move" deal, which was definitely not the case. 

Dish isn't perfect, but they seem to know what they're doing and are proactive in the rare instances where I need assistance. 

• Hook 'Em 1

13 hours ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

I'm trying to think of a company that I despise more than AT&T.

1. Ruined DirectTV.

2. Horrible ordeal I went through in TN with their internet service.

3. Gave millions to Jerry Jones for the naming rights to the stadium.

4.  Lily's annoying ass 300 times a day during football season.

It cracks me up how they keep recycling clips of early era hot and fit Lily, as if nobody would notice. 

• Haha 2

I'm still stuck with DirectTV because streaming here is just not viable for regular viewing and can't get any kind of cable. I wouldn't mind paying the price as much if there was content, but every previously useful network has pretty much gone to crapola. I just have pretty basic stuff now, but I gotta have a decent share of sports options and Turner Classic. There's free preview premium stuff going on now, but there's nothing on it I really want to watch.

Still, fuck AT&T for screwing up so much formerly decent stuff. Their customer service is horrendous.

Edited by DougO

2 hours ago, Macanudo said:

The AT&T snow man commercial sucks ass.

i thought it was an apple commercial.

ive seen it twice and it confuses the shit out of me.

the weird taco bell commerical where the cosplay dudes see each other and the one suddenly makes a run for the border confuses the ever living shit out of me.  

what the fuck does seeing your cosplay buddy have to do with tacos?  esp when you dont even eat with him

43 minutes ago, AUS-97HORN said:

the weird taco bell commerical where the cosplay dudes see each other and the one suddenly makes a run for the border confuses the ever living shit out of me.  

what the fuck does seeing your cosplay buddy have to do with tacos?  esp when you dont even eat with him

It’s like they’re both slightly pissed over wearing the same sheep outfit and the little guy is even about to kick the bigger one’s ass over it but suddenly remembers Taco Bell has a special on cheesy gut bomb burritos 

9 hours ago, AUS-97HORN said:

I hate that ad so fucking much. 

On 10/30/2021 at 12:50 PM, TheStoicPaisano said:

Do you get to bang the kill in bang/marry/kill? Slight Kitty Sanchez vibes here.

05949EB3-FECC-4DCE-B563-8FBCD507AE19.jpeg

this is the greatest commercial out there right now. it's so weird that it's great. my favorite part is when the wife grabs her husband's arm and he just looks down at her hand like she's giving him aids through touch. such a gloriously strange commercial.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Need help from the peanut gallery to settle a household disagreement. 

In the Amazon/Alexa commercial with the older African-American couple slow dancing to "I Only Have Eyes For You" where the man tells Alexa to play their favorite song again, does the woman have dementia such that she only recognizes her husband when her memory is triggered by the song? Or is it just two old people dancing to the same song all afternoon? 

• Haha 1

On 11/27/2021 at 2:38 PM, AUS-97HORN said:

On 11/27/2021 at 3:30 PM, mr. sunshine said:

It’s like they’re both slightly pissed over wearing the same sheep outfit and the little guy is even about to kick the bigger one’s ass over it but suddenly remembers Taco Bell has a special on cheesy gut bomb burritos 

On 11/27/2021 at 11:37 PM, Catpfish said:

I thought the little one was a female of some type

On 11/28/2021 at 7:52 AM, hayden_horn said:

yeah. they have this weird love connection oh shit i gotta get tacos thing going on. it's stupid and gives me dkr taco bell gong ptsd. i hate it. before the cosplay one they had one on the beach

The little one, who is female, hits the trash can with her shield and it makes the taco bell gong sound, which then makes her want taco bell...or something.  Full disclosure, wife had to explain that one to me.

Also, the Coors Light snowman singing More Than a Feeling can DIAF.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 11/29/2021 at 8:49 PM, Biff Tannen said:

The little one, who is female

I just saw this commercial again for perhaps the millionth time at this rate. I’m an old but even I understand in this day and age some folks don’t fit into our preconceived notions about sexual identification, etc. But little sheep boy very much appears to be a little sheep boy

10 minutes ago, Prepuce of Doom said:

The music in Goat Nerds Taco Bell is really fucking terrible. I feel like that's getting overlooked in all of the androgeny speculation. 

Yeah, I've noticed that it seems to be a feature of many, if not most, commercials lately that they use lots of ugly people and really bad music.

• Rage+1 1

On 11/28/2021 at 4:29 PM, Prepuce of Doom said:

Need help from the peanut gallery to settle a household disagreement. 

In the Amazon/Alexa commercial with the older African-American couple slow dancing to "I Only Have Eyes For You" where the man tells Alexa to play their favorite song again, does the woman have dementia such that she only recognizes her husband when her memory is triggered by the song? Or is it just two old people dancing to the same song all afternoon? 

i can't tell if it's intentional or not, but they definitely make it seem like the old lady has no fucking clue who her husband is until that song comes on, which, if that's the case, talk about a real downer of a commercial.

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, Prepuce of Doom said:

The music in Goat Nerds Taco Bell is really fucking terrible. I feel like that's getting overlooked in all of the androgeny speculation. 

It drives me crazy. I hate it. At least the other one had a decent looking girl and the music was tolerable. 

• Rage+1 1

3 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

i can't tell if it's intentional or not, but they definitely make it seem like the old lady has no fucking clue who her husband is until that song comes on, which, if that's the case, talk about a real downer of a commercial.

That's exactly how I read it. Mrs. Doom, who is no stranger to tearing up at commercials, didn't see it that way and still doesn't really agree with my take. 

I always thought it was a girl. But also confused. Sees her soul mate, also a cos play loser, decides to talk to him, bumps into a garbage can, decides to eat burritos instead. 

The song is Doja Cat. Doja Cat is apparently using her influence as a music provider to lobby TB to bring back the Mexican Pizza. I'll live with the trade off. 

https://uproxx.com/music/doja-cat-taco-bell-mexican-pizza/

On 12/2/2021 at 5:47 PM, Moby Ric said:

The chick that had 8 UTI's in one year and made up some crystal light to fix it is bullshit.  Hate to break it to the cuck in the commercial that is her "partner" but she was fucking like 10 other dudes.

Only 8? 

South Austin's Mom:

"Hold my beer!"

21 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

So, if he doesn't play the song, it's like she's fucking a stranger every night?

On 12/3/2021 at 1:40 AM, Prepuce of Doom said:

That's exactly how I read it. Mrs. Doom, who is no stranger to tearing up at commercials, didn't see it that way and still doesn't really agree with my take. 

I first saw it on mute and thought the guy was lifted out of dementia.

And their younger counterparts are much hotter.

EDIT: Spied a wheelchair, presumably for the guy in the wrinkled ass kahaykee suit.

Edited by TheStoicPaisano

On 11/27/2021 at 3:38 PM, AUS-97HORN said:

I thought the one that went for tacos was a gal