Official "Fuck this stupid ass-commercial" thread

Prepuce of Doom

2 minutes ago, ztejas said:

There's some world cup/soccer commercial featuring chicks playing (think Alex Morgan is shown scoring a goal). It then cuts to like 2 seconds of Messi watching the clip on his phone nodding and smiling. 

I don't have a problem with the ad, but I need to know the $ amount that Messi was paid for that 2 seconds of screentime. I want this information. 

take alex morgan's fee and add two 0s. 

On 6/10/2019 at 11:20 AM, ztejas said:

There's some world cup/soccer commercial featuring chicks playing (think Alex Morgan is shown scoring a goal). It then cuts to like 2 seconds of Messi watching the clip on his phone nodding and smiling. 

I don't have a problem with the ad, but I need to know the $ amount that Messi was paid for that 2 seconds of screentime. I want this information. 

in all honesty, being that it's a commercial that (i'm assuming) is being used on nationwide telecasts, he probably got more for those two seconds than most of our posters make in a year. 

31 minutes ago, Goo Punch said:

in all honesty, being that it's a commercial that (i'm assuming) is being used on nationwide telecasts, he probably got more for those two seconds than most of our posters make in a year. 

According to Forbes he made $127MM last year in salary and endorsements. 

And probably paid $50k in taxes. 

• Haha 1

Some hotel chain, fuck them, they shall remain unnamed.

"You got the first shot at breakfast!"

It's fucking broad daylight outside.  The world ain't a bunch of bankers, motherfuckers.

The JG Wentworth commercial w/the slacker sitting in his basement while is supposed "mom" cleans up his empty pizza boxes and trash.  The mom must have been 5 when she gave birth to him....seriously, the actress is probably they same age as her "son".

I will say I like the “turning into your parents” Progressive commercials.

“Oh you have a tattoo... do you not work?”
I like the one where the guy is trying to explain to his wife how much work it was to staple up the insulation in the attic and she doesn't give a shit. Hits close to home.

Recent VW commercial which I think is vaguely about an electric vehicle although they don’t say it. Filled with beautiful images of nature and people recycling. 

When the hell did you get so holier than thou?  Aren’t you just a few year removed from a massive scandal where you were fudging emissions numbers to the EPA on your diesel cars?  

"do you just say yes to everything?"

"i thsay no to kale. you know they thsay it's  better if you blanche it, but that thseems like a lot of work."

go fuck yourself.

it's like they went and found the last person on earth you'd ever want to talk to. i've seen those ads 100 times and i still don't even know what they're for because that guy is so objectively hateable.

Edited by Goo Punch
  • Like 2

Those cananda dry nirvana commercials are some of THE MOST OFFENSIVE and annoying commercials I have ever seen. How did they get all the way from idea to production to broadcast wo a lightbulb going off in someone's head that wait... maybe we should hold off on this one fellas. This is one step away from Blackface. smh

3 hours ago, Kim said:

Those cananda dry nirvana commercials are some of THE MOST OFFENSIVE and annoying commercials I have ever seen. How did they get all the way from idea to production to broadcast wo a lightbulb going off in someone's head that wait... maybe we should hold off on this one fellas. This is one step away from Blackface. smh

How is an annoying hippie offensive? It's just stupid 

I can't recall if it's Braum's or DQ that has some Johnny Cash wannabe doing the voiceover for the commercial.  Ain't nobody Johnny Cash but Johnny and he's gone.  

Also, keeping it in the ff category, Arby's chicken salad sandwich, when he says "pee-can' for pecan.   Fuck off, I'm not eating anyplace that doesn't know how to correctly say the word. 

22 hours ago, Kim said:

At least it’s not a Remington commercial 

On 6/24/2019 at 7:13 PM, Kim said:

How is she still on 0 posts?  Was this one so stupid that immamac didn't count it?

11 hours ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

I can't recall if it's Braum's or DQ that has some Johnny Cash wannabe doing the voiceover for the commercial.  Ain't nobody Johnny Cash but Johnny and he's gone.  

Also, keeping it in the ff category, Arby's chicken salad sandwich, when he says "pee-can' for pecan.   Fuck off, I'm not eating anyplace that doesn't know how to correctly say the word. 

last i checked jason boland was doing the DQ commercials, and he's awesome.

• Like 1

This blast from stupidass commercial past started playing in my head this week for some reason. Wow, they really thought this was COOOOOL!!! LOL

Those coolers really weren't too bad, but I don't think I ever drank another one after seeing this shit.

On 6/24/2019 at 10:35 PM, Dennis Taylor said:

How is an annoying hippie offensive? It's just stupid 

We see two different things. You see a hippie. I see a White male w eyes squinted and speech pattern that are reminiscent of the black and white Charlie Chan movies that had a White male playing a Chinese detective. Your take is that it's annoying. Mine is that it's offensive. Fair enough.

On 7/4/2019 at 6:21 PM, Kim said:

We see two different things. You see a hippie. I see a White male w eyes squinted and speech pattern that are reminiscent of the black and white Charlie Chan movies that had a White male playing a Chinese detective. Your take is that it's annoying. Mine is that it's offensive. Fair enough.

You're retarded.

• Like 2

On 5/29/2019 at 4:35 PM, ButtFumble said:

the Michelob Ultra commercial where the stupid bitch whispers

I want to hit her in the head with the bottle and tell her to speak up

Must be repeated for posterity. 

On 7/4/2019 at 6:21 PM, Kim said:

I saw an Asian guy playing the role of George Washington just a couple of weeks ago. 

1 hour ago, gecko said:

"This is my sexy mom car"

"This is dope"

F**k you Chevy......

Always.  It amazes me that they could put that bearded asshole on the sidelines for this one and somehow make an even shittier commercial. 

Edited by Beau Vine