Official "Fuck this stupid ass-commercial" thread

Prepuce of Doom

One of the reasons why I stopped getting Full Court on ESPN several years ago.  Good Lord, the same commercials over and over and then seeing them again when switching games/channels.  At least we didn't get that singing douche with the fat Gumbel a few years ago again. 

2 hours ago, ChickenSandwich said:

The commercial where the douche is singing Karaoke on an ship and his shipmate tries to commit suicide but is stopped....Is both poignant and hilarious. Seems like the writers were taking a shot at themselves.  

That's the European Antarctic exploration station and it's a fairly accurate depiction, minus the karaoke. Watched a documentary on it a couple weeks ago.

On 6/24/2019 at 4:09 AM, Goo Punch said:

"do you just say yes to everything?"

"i thsay no to kale. you know they thsay it's  better if you blanche it, but that thseems like a lot of work."

go fuck yourself.

it's like they went and found the last person on earth you'd ever want to talk to. i've seen those ads 100 times and i still don't even know what they're for because that guy is so objectively hateable.

well that's not surprising you dont comprehend that commerical. It isnt geared towards your demographic.... its geared towards anyone over 40 who got a large lump sum left to them or left/got fired from their previous job, but still have a decent bundle of cash in their 401k and need to put it someplace

On 7/1/2019 at 10:29 PM, DougO said:

This blast from stupidass commercial past started playing in my head this week for some reason. Wow, they really thought this was COOOOOL!!! LOL

Those coolers really weren't too bad, but I don't think I ever drank another one after seeing this shit.

that commerical was only made funnier by that fact that it came out at the same time Bruce Willis admitted to being a raging alcoholic and needing treatment

Edited by AUS-97HORN

On 6/20/2019 at 8:50 PM, Jimbaround said:

I will say I like the “turning into your parents” Progressive commercials.

“Oh you have a tattoo... do you not work?”

the radio ones are good.  "soon you'll be doing parent things like telling your kids to clean up before the maid comes.  it doesn't make sense, but you're the parent.  and you'll tell them that, too."

I've mentioned it before, but the bewildering Toyota commercial where the dude in a Corolla dons a wig and eyeliner, pretends to not recognize a coworker when exiting the parking garage, attends a musical performance at a small club where his daughter is performing, tells everyone that she's his daughter, and then drives her home. 

Nothing about it makes any goddamn sense. 

I want to smash him with a hammer when he says "great set" like it's some kind of cool, hip thing to remark on. 

• Like 2

On 7/20/2019 at 12:14 AM, ChickenSandwich said:

Not a jury in the world would convict someone for a straight up murder of the guitar playing douche on the Frontier internet commercials. It’s on non stop during Astros Rangers. It will make you want to kill baby seals. 

Uggh. That guy needs to be sleeping with the transients 

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/18/2019 at 2:08 PM, AUS-97HORN said:

well that's not surprising you dont comprehend that commerical. It isnt geared towards your demographic.... its geared towards anyone over 40 who got a large lump sum left to them or left/got fired from their previous job, but still have a decent bundle of cash in their 401k and need to put it someplace

uh ok. i have no problems comprehending the commercial, you have a problem comprehending the purpose of this thread, as well as with why i and many other people hate that ad campaign. it has nothing to do with what the ad is for, it's because that guy who they chose to be their spokesperson is the real life equivalent of jeremy piven's character in old school. the kid who tattled on everyone because he wasn't tall or handsome or athletic or popular; the kid who signed up to be a hall monitor every year for the rush of power it gave him; the kid who hated everyone else for being young and having fun.  just as annoying and off-putting as someone could be without actually doing anything overtly annoying or off-putting. and then that lisp. jesus christ that guy is the worst. 

Honda Odyssey commercial with the two little shits arguing over a toy bus. Cut to the smiling mom sliding their seats apart sideways and handing her little angel a reward toy to appease her. Then they drive down the road and these precious snowflakes now both have wireless headsets on to keep them quiet.

Fuck that. How 'bout a reality of the dad turning around and threatening the belt if they don't shut up and let him concentrate on the road!

• Like 1

The LHN commercial with Herman and Ricky in the back of the truck. What am I missing?

Herman was with Ricky in his Heisman parade. Ricky Williams was a running back with the University of Texas at Austin from 1995-1998, broke numerous rushing records, and won the Heisman trophy in 1998. The Heisman trophy is given to college football’s most prominent offensive player on what media believe is the best team heading into Bowl season.

bd35f4d5647bf557cce91007312392dc.jpg
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

Herman was with Ricky in his Heisman parade. Ricky Williams was a running back with the University of Texas at Austin from 1995-1998, broke numerous rushing records, and won the Heisman trophy in 1998. The Heisman trophy is given to college football’s most prominent offensive player on what media believe is the best team heading into Bowl season.

bd35f4d5647bf557cce91007312392dc.jpg

I appreciate the snark and the answer to my question.

On 7/17/2019 at 1:00 PM, hundredTT said:

Only heard these on iHeartRadio, but State Farm is doing parody’s of old songs replacing the lyrics with auto insurance lyrics. All time rage/cringe stuff. 

Yankees "broadcaster" John Sterling got in on the act with a home run call of, "Like a good Gleyber, Torres is there."

Edited by clapclapclap
Which actually made me laugh, being a connoisseur of terrible puns.
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, clapclapclap said:

Not sure there's anything I hate more than this Blue Bell sappy singing eunuch song.  You cannot listen to an Astros game on the radio without hearing this ear bleed a dozen times.  EVERY damn day.

Kinda  catchy though. Think I might have to go check the freezer

Watching ESPN and just saw a PSA where a woman walks in the backyard where he husband is chilling with a grin on a lawn chair. Wife says she has been drinking and needs her husband to drive. The dude looks at her smiling and replies "Nope, I am high."

Hit a little close to home and fucking cracked me up.

man what the fuck? here's the commercial i just saw:

*acoustic/piano, sappy, sentimental music playing with some breathy, annoying white girl voice singing for fucking apparent reason*

•old black man playing chess in the park with little white kid (?)

•little white kid looks over his shoulder and sees three young girls giggling with each other on a park bench

•old black man gets a twinkle in his eye, and slides his humongous container of extra gum across the table and gives little white kid a nod

*sappy musics intensifies*

•white kid goes and shares the gun with the girls

•tag line about extra's shitty gum bringing people together

go fuck yourself 

• Like 1