Official "Fuck this stupid ass-commercial" thread

Prepuce of Doom

On 1/18/2020 at 5:02 PM, Lhorn said:

This one is weird and creepy on so many levels.

The super bright lipstick/makeup on a clearly elderly woman sexualizing her.

She’s got a super square jaw - unattractive

Her slicked back hair and clothes obviously going for androgyny.

When she walks down the hall she extends her arm and brushed the shoulder/hair of a young high school girl. Suggesting homosexual pedophilia.

Selling laundry products.  Commercial totally creeps Al out. 
WNB.  

21 hours ago, Trey3216 said:

The Shriners Hospitals still operate under their mission that no child will have to pay for care regardless of their family's ability to do so.   I am a Shriner, and I've been around those kids, several of them in the commercials.  There's not onion rubbing going on with what many of them have been through.  

I'd gladly take you on a visit to the Houston hospital with me.  I'll even pick you up and drive you. 

Yeah, bullshit. Like two people are going to fit in one of those tiny little cars. 

~~~~~

Am I the only one who immediately realized that boxing someone in with your Smaht Pahking Hyundai (in Boston, no less) is a great way to get your car fancy new car keyed to shit? 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, stupolvo said:

Want to smash my TV when their spots air. Consistently awful.

spacer.png

They also are expensive as fuck.

They quoted $3500 for replacing a gas line from my meter to my hot water heater. Asked for a recommendation on shaggy, another plumber came out and did it for $700. Was about 5 hours of work.

They also are expensive as fuck.
They quoted $3500 for replacing a gas line from my meter to my hot water heater. Asked for a recommendation on shaggy, another plumber came out and did it for $700. Was about 5 hours of work.

He a similar experience (can’t remember who with) 20 years ago when running a gas line to my new Weber grill. When we got the second cheaper guy, we asked him why the huge difference - he laughed and says that’s the kind of price they quote when they don’t want the job.

On 2/18/2020 at 5:19 PM, Brisketexan said:

He a similar experience (can’t remember who with) 20 years ago when running a gas line to my new Weber grill. When we got the second cheaper guy, we asked him why the huge difference - he laughed and says that’s the kind of price they quote when they don’t want the job.

Crap like this is why I'm so f'ing cynical, about every estimate I get on every g-damn thing.

Sad state of affairs that it's such an f'ing task to simply find a contractor, business, etc...that you can actually trust. 

• Like 1

Had someone do that to me on a quote to install a backsplash in my kitchen. The number he threw out was absurd. I called up my brother who builds houses and he told me the same thing about how he was testing me to see if I'd bite, but didn't really want the job. I fucking hate trying to get an honest contractor to do anything.

1 hour ago, Okie State said:
On 2/18/2020 at 6:19 PM, Brisketexan said:

Had someone do that to me on a quote to install a backsplash in my kitchen. The number he threw out was absurd. I called up my brother who builds houses and he told me the same thing about how he was testing me to see if I'd bite, but didn't really want the job. I fucking hate trying to get an honest contractor to do anything.

Contractor is a euphemism for fucking crook 

20 hours ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

Bloomberg.  /no cr

If every, single insurance company in the country went out of business and Liberty was my only option ... I'd take my chances in being uninsured.

I would like Liberty Mutual and their commercials much more if the emu was named Doug, not the human. 

Edited by Prepuce of Doom

On 2/21/2020 at 9:14 AM, Pato del Muerto said:

My son REALLY NEEDS this prescription. 
$67?  Tough break, kid. Rub some dirt on it. 
Oh, with zero effort I can get it for $9?  I guess we can afford that. 

Am I the only one that thinks the mom would clean up pretty good?

On 2/23/2020 at 7:18 PM, Dennis Taylor said:

Is it the flirty little "Hey"? Or the hard hat and shirt with her name on it that does it for you?  

Oh shit!  No I"m thinking of he other one.  Very light colored blonde who looks like she's been waiting tables or scrubbing floors for 14 hours.  

Got damn.  I apologize for the mix up.  What must you think of me.  

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm5649910/

This one.  But actually, now that I look at her, I'd like to retract my original statement.  

Edited by Lhorn

46 minutes ago, Prepuce of Doom said:

It's Golden Corral - how unappetizing can some weirdos with an amusing resemblance to the food actually make that food?

Not gonna lie.  I miss the 'ol place.  When in Knoxville, GC was one of the handful of places we could take, my now, 13 year-old to eat.  Allergies.  

And, no, the broccoli tray rarely had to be replaced.

On 2/23/2020 at 9:11 AM, Scooter Monzingo said:

Contractor is a euphemism for fucking crook 

Rich lawyer buddy of mine used to call for quotes, then get his secretary to do the same, pretending they were for her.  Then he'd call back and inquire why he got quoted thousands/hundreds more. Interesting conversations

2 hours ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

The Nissan March Madness commercials.  That fucking "fight song" they play over and over is going to make me go postal. 

Oh God, which means we'll get the 3 Amigos again for MM.  I was glad to see they dropped Gumbel and the singing twat from a couple of years ago last MM. 

That bratty ass little girl in the Raisin Bran commercial.  Dad's standing there on the front porch, eating his Raisin Bran and she hops on her bike.  He tells her to "make good choices."  This snotty little bitch replies, "YOU make good choices." in her sarcastic pre-teen manner.  Makes me ragey.