Brandon Jones

USMCHorn

I took it to mean that he doesn't want to risk Jones' health and that Jamison hasn't been performing up to standard as the backup PR.

That's how I took it, and probably a good move.

Edit- I say "probably" becauee we're gonna have to be in point in all phases to win this thing. If whoever fields punts has a case of the Muffaletta's..could get ugly.

dude got murdered on that play. i thought he was deads. his legs were flopping and everything.

what were you thinking!? in a game against KU i would just play it safe and fair catch everything.

also - with all the concerns for player safety i find it odd that punt returns aren't getting more attention. we had a fake fair catch earlier this year (forgot which team) and in general the fair catch concept and how its officiated is very loose. seems odd. 

1 hour ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

does anyone have the video of that play? didn't get a chance to watch the game...

minute 1:10 ish. looked scary as shit as his whole body starts to recoil and shake. or maybe he was still trying to run after he was on the ground fucking hell

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPTD9bi-4ao

Edited by staboner
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, staboner said:

minute 1:10 ish. looked scary as shit as his whole body starts to recoil and shake. or maybe he was still trying to run after he was on the ground fucking hell

Looked like he was trying to get the ball after he fumbled it. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Magus Ossis said:

I'm not sure why OU doesn't onside kick every time and go for every 4th down. With their O and D, why would you want to hand the ball to the other team?

They've punted 27 times this year. We somehow punted 9 times vs Maryland alone. Their punter has 2 or fewer punts in half their games. 

27 minutes ago, staboner said:

Shit i didn't notice that live.

Yikes.

Brain took a few to catch up to his body

Yeah, this is the guy we need.  His closing speed is probably the best on the defense. He seems to know when to come up on the run, and he can help erase a mistake in the passing game before it becomes a catastrophe...

I wish Foster wasn't a FR. He's got the look, but I'm not trying to have two FR safeties this week, given the likelihood of a bust by either CB (even though, I think Boyd does a really good job 90% of the time...)

5 minutes ago, Snacks said:

Yeah, this is the guy we need.  His closing speed is probably the best on the defense. He seems to know when to come up on the run, and he can help erase a mistake in the passing game before it becomes a catastrophe...

I wish Foster wasn't a FR. He's got the look, but I'm not trying to have two FR safeties this week, given the likelihood of a bust by either CB (even though, I think Boyd does a really good job 90% of the time...)

Well, if it is any consolation, OU will be starting two freshmen at S this week. 

Also, be honest with yourself about Brown taking it to the house at least twice when matched up against Locke and you're going to enjoy the game better. We're down 21-0 stepping onto the field this week because Brown will house 2 tds and Murray is certain to break a long one for a score on a designed draw/rollout. And that's fine, given how pathetic their defense is and how Texas plays as underdog under Herman.

10 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Well, if it is any consolation, OU will be starting two freshmen at S this week. 

Also, be honest with yourself about Brown taking it to the house at least twice when matched up against Locke and you're going to enjoy the game better. We're down 21-0 stepping onto the field this week because Brown will house 2 tds and Murray is certain to break a long one for a score on a designed draw/rollout. And that's fine, given how pathetic their defense is and how Texas plays as underdog under Herman.

Plus they have Brendan Radley-Hiles...

8 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I would love to see Josh Thompson in place of Locke for this game. Locke is better in the box, but Thompson would provide a much needed upgrade in coverage. 

19 hours ago, Hmbre97 said:
19 hours ago, totallynotabuttpirate said:
Looked like he was trying to get the ball after he fumbled it. 

Nah, his arms come up like a zombie which usually happens when you get knocked the fuck out.

It’s called the Fencing Response. It’s a classic concussion symptom. 

5 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

I would love to see Josh Thompson in place of Locke for this game. Locke is better in the box, but Thompson would provide a much needed upgrade in coverage. 

For coverage probably, but Locke is really good in run support. Haven't been too impressed with Thompson in coverage + he got easily beat on WVU's TD at the end of the game.  

Edited by totallynotabuttpirate

13 minutes ago, KeysPhoneWallet said:

Why? What do you mean? If he can make a team then there eisna big incentive to leave early.

I'm going with the belief that Brandon would significantly improve the next 3 to 4 years of his life by returning for a senior year of college football.

Some players wouldn't benefit greatly from a 4th year, but Brandon would. And that would help him in the NFL from Day 1.

FULL DISCLOSURE: I'm not a scout, former coach, former pro player, former college player, nor former high school varsity player. I just watch some TV.

• 4 weeks later...