Car paint chips repair

Chapo

That's more than a chip. Luckily is looks like it just the bumper, not on the body. One option is to just refinish the whole bumper. Should look like new, which may or may not match the rest of your car depending on age and how often you leave it baking in the sun. Go get a bottle of touch up paint from the dealer. Give it a shot. Can't look worse. Refinishing the whole bumper can be plan B.

Bernard

DIY will look like crap and if/when you decide to trade it will kill your value. Bite the bullet and get the whole bumper replaced/refinished unless you want to look like you took it to aggy auto body. If you think I'm being cruel you should see what I need to get refinished on my CTS. I have to do the same thing in several spots around the car. DIY would look like shit and kill the resale.

This car is actually a lease with 2 years left, so I'm hesitant to put money in now and get the bad luck of getting into a similar situation before the lease ends.  I know I have to pay the money to get it painted professionally before turning it in at the end of the lease. 

Based on the feedback above, I should just leave the chip as is.  Looks like shit but it is just the bumper. 

• 1 year later...