Dallas Cowboys 2018 Regular Season Thread

Vic Mackey

Witten going to the tv side single handedly brought that avg age down about 10 spots. They have to get Scarbrough or another back on the PS if theyre going to only go with Zeke and Rod Smith. An injury to either one and that guy needs to be called up and know what the hell is going on immediately. Sucks Jackson got claimed

• Like 2
  • Fuck You 1

18 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Whoops..... Good thing we're deep at DT..... Wait.

The Cowboys are really the suck at risking players on the wire. Nobody was going claim White. Price is a proven rotation DT with good recent tape that's still cheap and pretty young. And that's a paper thin position that was not wise to risk. They need a bottom of the roster manager that isn't a moron...after they get a top of the roster manager...

13 minutes ago, DougO said:

Deonte got a guaranteed million, then he was cut, then they signed him back for another million.  Alrighty then...

Well they had all that extra cash laying around from cutting a kicker who last year while injured had an over 10% drop to a career worst year of 75% made field goals. So they could keep a kicker that in 4 years of lower pressure CFL ball has a career fg made of 78%  

Fucking geniuses we're dealing with here. 

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

41 minutes ago, C-Man said:

Is it odd that I was wildly optimistic about this team until Frederick went down? Now, I feel like 10-6 is the absolute ceiling on this thing. (Of course, I can't believe Earl isn't wearing a Cowboys uniform at this point either.)

If there was one backup lineman that i had full confidence in, it’s joe Looney. I think we’ll he fine with him.

1 hour ago, Jameslaw121 said:

Put me in at 8-8 

I don't believe in the coaching staff or Dak being an elite QB. Esp. since we don't exactly have the WR/TE in the world.

Dak hasn't had a great set of WRs since he started. Dez and Witten were already way past what they used to be. Hell Beasley was out most reliable WR in 2016. Our WR core is no different than it was in 2016. As long as we have Zeke, we will be fine on offense. It will come down to the defense as always. If they can step up like so many think they can, we can get to 10 wins.

It makes no sense for Seattle to trade him. They had a really good draft and trading him now would basically signal to the locker room that this season is not worth fighting for.

The Cowboys gave it a shot but don't need to give anything up for Earl. Their problem they had is they didn't go get the Cincinnati starter that was cut when they had the chance and they allowed him to sign for peanuts elsewhere

• Like 1

Don’t really follow the cowboys as much anymore, but I’m confused by the optimism.

Offensively, we are one injury to Zeke, Dak or Smith from being the worst offense in the NFL. The OL is already banged up. The WR core is the worst in the league. We have no TE. I get the feeling Jerry is trying to sabotage Dak this year so he doesn’t have to pay him. 

Defensively, the DL is okay. D-Law is a beast. The LBs are reliant on Sean Lee who will miss 4 games minimum. Otherwise this is a below average group. The DBs are subpar. Marinelli is a good coach which gives me a little hope.

Jason Garrett is terrible. 

This looks like a last place team and the schedule is difficult with the AFC South suddenly being good. Prediction is 5-11. Hope I’m wrong. 

13 minutes ago, TheFlagship said:

Don’t really follow the cowboys as much anymore, but I’m confused by the optimism.

Offensively, we are one injury to Zeke, Dak or Smith from being the worst offense in the NFL. The OL is already banged up. The WR core is the worst in the league. We have no TE. I get the feeling Jerry is trying to sabotage Dak this year so he doesn’t have to pay him. 

Defensively, the DL is okay. D-Law is a beast. The LBs are reliant on Sean Lee who will miss 4 games minimum. Otherwise this is a below average group. The DBs are subpar. Marinelli is a good coach which gives me a little hope.

Jason Garrett is terrible. 

This looks like a last place team and the schedule is difficult with the AFC South suddenly being good. Prediction is 5-11. Hope I’m wrong. 

You can use the injury thing with practically any other team. The NFL is an 8-8 league now. Catch a few breaks, get hot and you can win the title (see Philly in 2017). Have an injury or two to key players and you're picking in the Top 10 next April.

• Like 2

538 Elo has Dallas as the 8th best team in the NFL, most likely record is 9 - 7. 6th highest Super Bowl odds.

I'm happy Seattle passed on the 2nd round offer for Earl. That's a dumb decision by them, feels like if any other team other than Dallas made that offer they would have executed a trade. They just didn't want Earl and Dallas to win. The Seahawks have a pretty easy schedule to open, so unless they are just absolutely fucking abysmal, they won't be in "asset dump mode" prior to the trade deadline.