Dallas Cowboys 2018 Regular Season Thread

Vic Mackey

18 hours ago, Dr Fear said:

Was just thinking the same thing. Seattle was favored by 3 as of this morning, I'm thinking that moves to a pick em by kickoff.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Mostly Dallas getting 1 now.  It'll be an interesting game because it's Seattle's opener and their fans will be crazed.  Seattle's also 0-2 so their season is pretty much on the line already.  Russ is a wizard and will give our rush fits.  Their WR's are meh and their OL is a hot mess so they don't run the ball particularly well.  On defense, their front 7 is still pretty decent but their secondary is atrocious.  If we can make hay in the passing game, then we should be able to score enough to win the game.  I think if we get to 27 we have a good shot at winning the game..... 

The Butler is back.

Edited by Patrick Bateman

On 9/18/2018 at 3:14 PM, Patrick Bateman said:

Mostly Dallas getting 1 now.  It'll be an interesting game because it's Seattle's opener and their fans will be crazed.  Seattle's also 0-2 so their season is pretty much on the line already.  Russ is a wizard and will give our rush fits.  Their WR's are meh and their OL is a hot mess so they don't run the ball particularly well.  On defense, their front 7 is still pretty decent but their secondary is atrocious.  If we can make hay in the passing game, then we should be able to score enough to win the game.  I think if we get to 27 we have a good shot at winning the game..... 

The Butler is back.

I guess Woods is healthy now? Not sure why you release a position you're somewhat thin at to bring in another WR.

1 minute ago, txbroadcaster said:

I think he is either the DC or HC after this season

I can easily see Richard being the DC. I heard on the radio that Rod's ideal job at this point in his life is to be a DL coach. Only focus on that. Not worry about coordinating the entire defense. He is too old for that right now. Richard is already coaching the LBs and DBs. He is getting them in sync with the coverages he likes to run. I think they can promote Richard to DC and give Rod the title of DL coach but keep the same salary. Rod said he sees a lot of Mike Tomlin's characteristics and ability in Richard. Tomlin was the DB coach for Tampa when Rod was the assistant HC/DL coach for Tampa. He sees Richard following the same path Tomlin did. I think Tomlin became the Steelers HC in 2007. Both are young and fiery and the players like and relate to them.

I can't see Richard being HC next year unless we are terrible this year. Jerry loves Garrett too much unfortunately. Me personally, he should be fired with no question if we miss the playoffs. And even further, divisional round is a minimum for him to keep his coach. He's had enough time here.

5 minutes ago, Firemans4Horn said:

Dak’s not a stud but this Tight End and WR corp is hot garbage. 

IT is not a Dak issue..or a WR/TE issue or a OL issue....it is an offense as a whole issue. None of the parts fit whatever the scheme is. Dax was hit almost half the time he dropped back and was hurried 23 of the 38 dropbacks yet they barely tried to get him moving around...Dallas had some success early getting to Wilson and you saw Sea adjust to it. Dallas offensive staff is fine when the game plan they implement in the week works and very little in game change is needed but when the D has an answer they never have a counter. 

Edited by txbroadcaster

1 hour ago, Firemans4Horn said:

Dak’s not a stud but this Tight End and WR corp is hot garbage. 

We were told this wasn't going to be an issue..... 2 years ago, Cole Beasley was our leading WR and we didn't need another outside receiver.... blah, blah, blah.  Could have sworn this was echoed here multiple times...

• Like 1

Nice quotes (or not so nice if you look at it from the perspective of wanting the Cowboys to win):

"The Cowboys have looked listless and uninventive all season on offense, making almost no adjustments despite Prescott clearly struggling. They still have one of the league's best offensive lines and an elite running back in Ezekiel Elliott. The fact that they're not producing is probably going to cost Scott Linehan his job if it continues, and Garrett is a late-season firing candidate."

"Part of this is a schematic issue. Part of it is a personnel issue. The Cowboys aren't exactly employing the best coaching staff and have one of the worst receiving corps in the NFL." 

I never bought into the idea that this team was better without Dez and Witten. Dez was a has been, true, and Witten was old, though you could still count on him for some positive plays. But regardless of how much you try to dismiss them, we didn't replace them with much of anything. We brought in some mediocre castoffs and a 3rd-round rookie, who are playing about like one should expect. And Garrett just sits there watching his same decade-old, tired-ass, "I was an up-and-coming genius in 2008" scheme fall apart around an increasingly befuddled Dak.

I wish I could get that kind of money for just showing up to watch my team suck once a week.   

Edited by Tired Horn
typo

All the we should have drafted ridley is stupid imo....he isnt catching 150+ yds in this offense

It looks different when you go against bad d and have julio,coleman and ryan keeping defenses occupied....here he would have bad qb and no wr to lighten burden

Lve will be very good lb for awhile but we will see