2018 Houston Texans Season Thread

tx 3 putt

Should have moved up and drafted Mahomes.  Dude is fucking killing it in the NFL.  Oh and fire O'Brien already please.

It doesn’t matter who the QB is if the OL is as bad as ours.

Been that way since the beginning, and our issue specifically since 2002

Just now, Fico said:

It doesn’t matter who the QB is if the OL is as bad as ours.

Been that way since the beginning, and our issue specifically since 2002

Agreed.  Need to draft and sign an O-line, that would make a yuge difference.  But that last series by Watson just makes me pissed at him.  Really I am just sick of O'Brien.

20 minutes ago, Moby Ric said:

Should have moved up and drafted Mahomes.  Dude is fucking killing it in the NFL.  Oh and fire O'Brien already please.

You switch Watson for Mahommes and Watson is lighting it up while Mahommes is struggling in this offense with the shitty OL and play calls. Whatever offense the Texans were running last year when Watson was tearing it up, they need to go back to it, because this current offense is a repeat of the Cincinnati Thursday night game.

4 hours ago, HtownHorn said:

You switch Watson for Mahommes and Watson is lighting it up while Mahommes is struggling in this offense with the shitty OL and play calls. Whatever offense the Texans were running last year when Watson was tearing it up, they need to go back to it, because this current offense is a repeat of the Cincinnati Thursday night game.

Mahommes also has a great coach.  O'Brien is truly a fraud.  His pathetic decisions have cost them 2 games.   The season is over already.  They are the worst team in the division.  They lost to a backup qb today

• Like 2

My only entre about the Texans is simply this. As long as Bob McNair is actively involved in making ownership decisions, the Texans will continue to underachieve as an organization. I am not sure what Cal will ultimately bring to the table, but I wouldn't expect anything radically different which means the Texans might be screwed until the franchise is sold to different owners.

What is astonishing is the fact that the Texans run one of the least innovative sports organizations, not only in the NFL, but in the entire sports landscape, yet share a city with 2 of the most innovative sports organizations in the entire country. The Astros might be the most innovative in MLB and the Rockets certainly are one of the most innovative organizations in the NBA. The Texans could easily go to school on what a team like the Astros did in terms of talent identification. Sure, they obviously had high draft picks that net Carlos Correa, George Springer, and Alex Bregman, but they also were able to identify gems like Charlie Morton to fill out the fringes of their roster (and the story at how they evaluated Morton was interesting)....something the Texans are at best average at. My guess is that there is an arrogance that pervades the Texans organization because Houston is at heart a "football town" and people keep showing up to the games. Plus, they have starts like JJ and Deshaun and we just need to tinker here or there to be successful. Meanwhile, they can't identify offensive line talent to save their lives. While it isn't Cleveland and Jimmy Haslam bad over on Kirby Drive, it is more just "average" with a few moments of glory. 

These franchises have never won a Super Bowl: Bills, Browns, Bengals, Jags, Titans, Texans, Chargers, Falcons, Panthers, Lions, Vikings, Cardinals. With few exceptions (Vikings being the most prolific), those franchises have largely been the dregs of the NFL in the Super Bowl era.  The bolded teams have never even been to a Super Bowl. Yep, when you keep company with Cleveland, Detroit, and Jacksonville, you are part of the dregs of the NFL.. 

9 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

JJ into the backfield to blow up a run then again for a strip sack.  

I don't know if I can handle Texas and JJ getting back to what they're capable of at the same time.  But I'd like to try.

Texans should trade him for a cadre of picks. The OL and secondary is so fucking bad, it's going to take 3-4 years to fix them.

4 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

Texans should trade him for a cadre of picks. The OL and secondary is so fucking bad, it's going to take 3-4 years to fix them.

Yup this, another wasted talent by the Texans like AJ.  Let Watt go to somewhere like New England, Green Bay or Philly where he can win something.