Colonoscopy

Sbbruin

i had 9+ inches of colon removed 2 years ago due to a colovesical fistula (look it up...suffice it to say i was passing solid waste through my bladder and urethra, and even farting out my chonson...which is a fairly badass party trick, but i digress). anyway, multiple colonoscopies and cystoscopes before surgery. and with that past experience, i’ll say this...

y’all are doing it wrong.

the 24 hours before the purge you should be eating the most vile shit known to man: sardines packed in oil, potted meat, balut, 3 year old Wolf Brand chili, Pancho’s buffet...all of it...so you can just fuck your entire house up. buy a separate insurance rider on your toilet and total that fucker. i did and that day is now the stuff of legends.

rule your roost, gentlemen.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Kyrie Eleison said:

i had 9+ inches of colon removed 2 years ago due to a colovesical fistula (look it up...suffice it to say i was passing solid waste through my bladder and urethra, and even farting out my chonson...which is a fairly badass party trick, but i digress). anyway, multiple colonoscopies and cystoscopes before surgery. and with that past experience, i’ll say this...

y’all are doing it wrong.

the 24 hours before the purge you should be eating the most vile shit known to man: sardines packed in oil, potted meat, balut, 3 year old Wolf Brand chili, Pancho’s buffet...all of it...so you can just fuck your entire house up. buy a separate insurance rider on your toilet and total that fucker. i did and that day is now the stuff of legends.

rule your roost, gentlemen.

Dayum, I got the shits just reading that menu.

I’ve had one and as mentioned above the prep is the worst part. I not only had diarrhea but was also throwing up. Had one non cancerous polio removed. Have to go have another in about a month. Can’t describe how bad I hate the prep.

Worst part wasn’t the doctor shoving something up my rear it was that he never called after...

Went in for my 1st last year. 

I get there, sign the forms, walk in from the reception area, nurse says strip down, put on the gown, lie down on the table, face the wall, get comfy and she'd soon be in to administer the knock out juice with the docs and they'd get started. "Over in a jiff, hon!"  she says.  I'm OK with all of that and she walks out.  Everything going according to Hoyle at this point.

Not two minutes later the door opens up, I feel my gown go up and someone starts to work on me.  I'm thinking "what happened to the knock out juice?  This shit is killing me. WTF?"  I'm biting my lip and trying to survive without crying.   After a minute or two the gown gets put back in place then the door opens and closes.

I'm left in a puddle of sweat and in some serious pain after being completely  violated with no sort of anethesia.

Then the door opens up again and the nurse says, "hey, uh, who was that?"

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, deadshank said:

I get there, sign the forms, walk in from the reception area, nurse says strip down, put on the gown, lie down on the table, face the wall, get comfy and she'd soon be in to administer the knock out juice with the docs and they'd get started. "Over in a jiff, hon!"  she says.  I'm OK with all of that and she walks out.  Everything going according to Hoyle at this point.

Not two minutes later the door opens up, I feel my gown go up and someone starts to work on me.  I'm thinking "what happened to the knock out juice?  This shit is killing me. WTF?"  I'm biting my lip and trying to survive without crying.   After a minute or two the gown gets put back in place then the door opens and closes.

I'm left in a puddle of sweat and in some serious pain after being completely  violated with no sort of anethesia.

Pervy Mc Pervon strikes again..

18 hours ago, deadshank said:

Go on. 

• 3 months later...
On 9/5/2018 at 7:04 PM, DallasHorn26 said:

I'm 34 and have had 2 at this point.  They found pre-cancerous polyps when I was 29, so I'm on track to have one every 2-3 years now.

What made you schedule this torture at 29? Er, why did anyone think they needed to dig around in there to discover the polyps?

Edited by B00M

27 minutes ago, Hate said:

I've got my consult scheduled in a couple of hours, so I will be up for my first colonoscopy in the next couple of weeks.  I'm dreading the prep and procedure, but I am looking forward to peace of mind that I'm all clear for now.  

I had my first one done a month ago. Wasn't bad at all. The Prep Shits are thorough, but not as bad as food poisoning in Mexico. Not getting to eat was a downer.

They knocked me out, and then I woke up with a nice blanket and no pain. They had taken out three small benign polyps.

First place I had my wife drive me was Whataburger. Best damn Whataburger I ever had.

On 9/10/2018 at 2:15 PM, deadshank said:

I realize you posted in jest, but with my first one the bolded part did happen.  He didn't get far as I screamed "HEY, WHAT THE FUCK",  and scared the hell out of him.   He about freaked and said he'd be back later.   Unfortunately he did, fortunately, I was knocked out the second time.

2 hours ago, Hate said:

I've got my consult scheduled in a couple of hours, so I will be up for my first colonoscopy in the next couple of weeks.  I'm dreading the prep and procedure, but I am looking forward to peace of mind that I'm all clear for now.  

The procedure ain't shit. They'll give you an IV and you'll wake up after it's all over.  Propherall (I believe is the new juice they hit you with, and you're gone completely).  The prep is much worse than the procedure for damn sure.

3 hours ago, Hate said:

I had my first a couple of years ago and was looking forward to the peace of mind.  Procedure is nothing.  Prep sucks but not eating the day before is the biggest pain in the ass.  To me the worst part was when I woke up and they told me I had cancer at age 40.

Just now, Hanrahan said:

I had my first a couple of years ago and was looking forward to the peace of mind.  Procedure is nothing.  Prep sucks but not eating the day before is the biggest pain in the ass.  To me the worst part was when I woke up and they told me I had cancer at age 40.

But at 40 you were ahead of schedule getting one so it saved your life I'm guessing.

On 12/17/2018 at 11:23 AM, shnsajax said:

Whats worse, this or a vasectomy?

Colonoscopy not even in same league as vasectomy.  But recently I've had a root canal, that's much closer to the vasectomy.

Actually the prep has helped tremendously.  My shits are so normal now.  I may do the prep once a year from now on.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Horn_Spanker said:

Colonoscopy not even in same league as vasectomy.  But recently I've had a root canal, that's much closer to the vasectomy.

Actually the prep has helped tremendously.  My shits are so normal now.  I may do the prep once a year from now on.

Yeah root canals are a bitch, what's worse is when the root canal fails, and they open up your gums, and plant steel pins in your jaw to hold a crown.  Racquetball injury from HS days forced that issue.