Colonoscopy

Sbbruin

Thanks for the advice. The hole.....er, whole process was no big deal. Good results and don't need to go back for 10 years. 

Poop process was a piece of cake (food poisoning in India is a 100% worse) and the procedure itself was nothing. 

Only thing I'd add, did the liquid diet two days earlier. Made a slight mistake not eating enough the day before. Only one can of chicken broth at lunch and two jello packets. Got a bit shaky at 2am from hunger pains. Be sure you consume enough before midnight. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I’m 49, and am getting my first one on Tuesday morning.  I have no colorectal cancer in my family, so this is just SOP per my primary care physician’s orders. Been going ultra low fiber the last two days and started the liquid diet this morning. 

Doctor prescribed GaviLyte. Fiancé was all “wtf, they only gave me a couple pills, you should’ve asked for that.” I didn’t know it was ala carte. (Side note: She had thee colonoscopies last year. One was her first, during which they found a polyp large enough that the doc couldn’t take it out then, so he had to schedule a second procedure at a hospital. And then a third for a follow up, where they found two more small ones that were easily removed and benign. She has family history, so she gets another one in three years.)

Leaving work early today, going to take the first half around 2pm, and the second around 8pm.  Looking forward to a burger on Tuesday evening.

Weird this is on the Lulz forum, but I’ve come to learn there’s little rhyme or reason on Surly.

Edited by South Austin
  • Hook 'Em 1

29 minutes ago, South Austin said:

I’m 49, and am getting my first one on Tuesday morning.  I have no colorectal cancer in my family, so this is just SOP per my primary care physician’s orders. Been going ultra low fiber the last two days and started the liquid diet this morning. 

Doctor prescribed GaviLyte. Fiancé was all “wtf, they only gave me a couple pills, you should’ve asked for that.” I didn’t know it was ala carte. (Side note: She had thee colonoscopies last year. One was her first, during which they found a polyp large enough that the doc couldn’t take it out then, so he had to schedule a second procedure at a hospital. And then a third for a follow up, where they found two more small ones that were easily removed and benign. She has family history, so she gets another one in three years.)

Leaving work early today, going to take the first half around 2pm, and the second around 8pm.  Looking forward to a burger on Tuesday evening.

Weird this is on the Lulz forum, but I’ve come to learn there’s little rhyme or reason on Surly.

Don't forget to grab some Desitin for your cornhole.  Otherwise, especially if you have bidet, you are all set.  Good luck!

19 minutes ago, dcbc said:

Don't forget to grab some Desitin for your cornhole.  Otherwise, especially if you have bidet, you are all set.  Good luck!

Um.  Are you paying extra to have it rough or something? 

• Haha 1
  • Drool 1

Procedure was a breeze, so let me pile on this thread by saying to everyone who is 45 and older, if you haven’t gotten your first colonoscopy screening, do it. Do it now.

They found a small polyp. I’m not worried since I have no family history (knock on wood), but I have to go back in five years instead of 10. 

Oh, and when I woke up at 5am and had to shit right away, there was still a small amount of pebbles coming out, and this was after my prior shit around 2:30am that was less than all liquid. I was like, wtf, I went super low fiber and no fruits and vegetables Saturday and Sunday and all clear liquids yesterday. I guess those were hanging around from football season or something. So as an added bonus, I got to give myself my first enema before the procedure, which was nice.

Edited by South Austin

On 2/5/2024 at 6:46 AM, South Austin said:

Well it's funny to US!

On 2/5/2024 at 6:46 AM, South Austin said:

Wait until your ass turns into a pressurized firehose for the 5th time and you will see why it’s in the Lulz forum.  

• 1 month later...
On 2/5/2024 at 12:15 PM, South Austin said:

Couldn’t find the “Shit I’m Cooking Later” thread.

IMG_8472.jpeg

I've currently got the 4L chilling in the fridge for a big night of shitting tonight. 

Seems pretty stupid that they don't have any measurement marks on the jug. 

Not too jazzed about my chicken broth lunch, and am not looking forward to having it again for dinner. 

Posted (edited)

Under normal conditions, my bidet is just a straightforward part of the asshole cleaning process, blasting away detritus like it's designed to do. 

But today, its use is actually just a precursor to shitting again. 

Edited by Prepuce of Doom
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, Prepuce of Doom said:

I've currently got the 4L chilling in the fridge for a big night of shitting tonight. 

Seems pretty stupid that they don't have any measurement marks on the jug. 

Not too jazzed about my chicken broth lunch, and am not looking forward to having it again for dinner. 

If you had bottled the blast, you could’ve had it again for lunch after the procedure. 

I'm on the five year plan - had one 7mm polyp removed, test results pending. Scored a perfect 9 on the Boston Bowel Preparation Scale. 

Found the propofol underwhelming - one brief instant of intrigue and excitement before going to sleep, no dreams, and nothing much to report upon waking. Didn't feel much different than I do when I'm baked and fall asleep watching TV in the basement and then wake up and have to groggily make my way upstairs to bed, and even that was fairly fleeting. 

In addition to scheduling the next one for earlier in the day to minimize the time fasting, I'll also make sure to stop using my bidet and just "pat dry" earlier in the process. I think I caused myself a little undue tenderness... 

As I was walking out, the nurse asked if I had everything I came with. I replied, "Not quite everything!" which confused her until I held my index finger and thumb about 7mm apart, and then she got a real laugh. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Prepuce of Doom said:

I'm on the five year plan - had one 7mm polyp removed, test results pending. Scored a perfect 9 on the Boston Bowel Preparation Scale. 

Found the propofol underwhelming - one brief instant of intrigue and excitement before going to sleep, no dreams, and nothing much to report upon waking. Didn't feel much different than I do when I'm baked and fall asleep watching TV in the basement and then wake up and have to groggily make my way upstairs to bed, and even that was fairly fleeting. 

In addition to scheduling the next one for earlier in the day to minimize the time fasting, I'll also make sure to stop using my bidet and just "pat dry" earlier in the process. I think I caused myself a little undue tenderness... 

As I was walking out, the nurse asked if I had everything I came with. I replied, "Not quite everything!" which confused her until I held my index finger and thumb about 7mm apart, and then she got a real laugh. 

What was Doomlet's take on your preparations?

2 minutes ago, Scheiss Meister said:

What was Doomlet's take on your preparations?

I didn't want to deal with him getting involved in the spectacle, so I kept him as ignorant as possible - did all my shitting in my basement shittorium. 

But I definitely showed him the photos from up my butt. 

Currently trying to figure out which contact in my phone is worthy of having their picture changed to that of my rectum. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

24 minutes ago, Newdoc said:

Soon to be copied and shown to classmates...

Probably already uploaded to the Google doc that he shares with his pals (they call themselves "The Hyenas") on their school Chromebooks like it's a text thread... 

Edited by Prepuce of Doom
  • Haha 1