do you ever yearn?

Kel Varnsen

In the interest of gamesmanship about whose S.O. embraced their love of Seinfeld more, after we put a billiard table in our home years ago...my wife hand-painted a sign that said, "The Place to Be...", attached a couple of hooks to it, left a pants hanger dangling on it, and surprised me with it one day after work.  It the most beautiful accessory in our home for many years until we sold the table.  Never did get that tray of Budweiser beers for me and my friends though.  

That montage of them trying to make shots is still maybe the best physical-comedy "scene" in the history of the show.  Because Frank Costanza,

"...So the Union Army could practice fighting on grass."

bonus question---Joe Pepitone (a rather pedestrian Yankee for just 7 seasons hitting .252) is referred to once by Kramer on the Handsome Carriage ride (referenced in above post).

He's mentioned two other times on the show...can you name 'em?  

Edited by Lobo

16 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

Yep.  I watched Home Alone today and it triggered it.

I only saw Home Alone 2.  I hated it...I didn't know what was going on.

13 hours ago, Lobo said:

"...So the Union Army could practice fighting on grass."

bonus question---Joe Pepitone (a rather pedestrian Yankee for just 7 seasons hitting .252) is referred to once by Kramer on the Handsome Carriage ride (referenced in above post).

He's mentioned two other times on the show...can you name 'em?  

13 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

I believe he mentions him when describing his short lived stint at the fantasy camp. 

Yes, he was crowding the plate.  Kramer had to plunk him, leading to the brawl where Kramer punched Mickey Mantle.

The other was when George suggested Joe Pepitone day at Yankee stadium. 

I was thinking that he was also mentioned in the episode where George loses his Phil Rizzuto keychain in a filled in pothole but google shows me I was mistaken on that one.

46 minutes ago, WBT said:

I only saw Home Alone 2.  I hated it...I didn't know what was going on.

Yes, he was crowding the plate.  Kramer had to plunk him, leading to the brawl where Kramer punched Mickey Mantle.

The other was when George suggested Joe Pepitone day at Yankee stadium. 

I was thinking that he was also mentioned in the episode where George loses his Phil Rizzuto keychain in a filled in pothole but google shows me I was mistaken on that one.

Well done, I'm 95% sure he wasn't mentioned in "The Pothole" episode, but yeah--the 3 are fantasy camp, George at the Yankee exec. meeting, and on the Manhattan carriage tour. 

Really not bad for a Yankee who was never really that big a deal.  As much as I hate the Yanks, to be fair to them, even with their "also-ran" personnel mentioned on the show, you could still populate an all-star team just with Seinfeld players. 

Danny Tartabull '93 in RF.  Mantle in LF, DiMaggio in CF.  Fuck Pepitone, had no arm.  Mattingly in 1b, split pants and all.  Jeter talked on the show, but he was never mentioned by name (IIRC), so he's at SS.  Need a 3b, 2b, and a C.  Pitching can be dealt with later, as I have to get off the toilet now.  Thanks.