do you ever yearn?

Kel Varnsen

Yeah, I must have watched that 10 times after Jerry Stiller passed away.  Frankly, I don't know how they ever filmed a single scene with him because I imagine it was just one cast member after another cracking up and breaking character.  Whether he was inciting violence, making claims about his home being turned into Bourbon Street, or even morose scenes...he played every single one of them the exact same way, and yet completely different.  Even when he was being quiet and serious, he was still somehow big and loud.  I really miss him, RIP Mr. Stiller.

"Would it kill them to put out a pound cake, something?"  

1 hour ago, futureman said:

I've spent the last hour preparing 10 candy bars with no wrappers or identification of any kind for him to select from. 

What always got me about this is the whole point at the beginning was to get a single Twix. He somehow got 10 Twix bars and instead of eating them, used them to try and get back at Kip or Ned. Short name. 

• Hook 'Em 2

Of course he took the time/money to go get 10 twin bars.  This is the same guy who took a full day off work to build a shitty diorama of the foundation conference room.

1 minute ago, WhatTheBuck said:

In The Dealership, when Jerry is on the phone with Elaine begging her to come back and make up with Puddy so he can get a deal on a car, the whole time Puddy is sitting in his chair in the background, motionless, just staring blankly off into space. 

That's what he does.  Literally half the episodes either show or mention his incessantly awkward staring.  That's why I love him.  Guy just wants to be left alone, deep in tough, with an Arby's sandwich and maybe a hockey game on somewhere.  Is that too much to ask dammit!?!?!

1 minute ago, Lobo said:

That's what he does.  Literally half the episodes either show or mention his incessantly awkward staring.  That's why I love him.  Guy just wants to be left alone, deep in tough, with an Arby's sandwich and maybe a hockey game on somewhere.  Is that too much to ask dammit!?!?!

Yeah, that’s one of his big character traits. That’s why I’m mentioning it. To stick him way back in the background doing it for the whole length of that call is something I think some people might have missed. That’s the point. Not the fact that he’s doing that thing he always does. 

Just now, WhatTheBuck said:

Yeah, that’s one of his big character traits. That’s why I’m mentioning it. To stick him way back in the background doing it for the whole length of that call is something I think some people might have missed. That’s the point. Not the fact that he’s doing that thing he always does. 

That's why I love the writing for his character, so much of the show is based on pithy and pedantic dialogue, but if you watch a lot of Puddy episodes...it's just him squinting while the funny plot unfolds around him.  

Good lord fellas, we gotta start seriously considering putting together a masterclass around our Seinfeld analysis.  If not now, when?  It not us, who?  We gonna fucking wait for Ted Danson?  Who the fuck is he?  

GEORGE Oh what's the difference? We'll all be dead eventually.

KRAMER Does that bother you?

GEORGE Yeah, it bothers me. Doesn't it bother you?

KRAMER Not at all.

GEORGE See now that bothers me even more than dying bothers me, cause it's people like you who live to be a hundred and twenty because you're not bothered by it. 

Was watching "Mr. Mayor" last night with the wife and there's a scene (3rd episode I think) where Danson is on a bus to talk about public transit...and a guy in the back of the bus has on a jacket and tie, and then underwear and dress shoes.  And Danson calls him out on it and the guy replies, "How else is am I supposed to get to the pants store, idiot?"  

it's perfect irony Elaine.  Obviously one of the show's writers is a Seinfeld fan.  I'll allow the obvious joke theft. 

10 hours ago, Lobo said:

Was watching "Mr. Mayor" last night with the wife and there's a scene (3rd episode I think) where Danson is on a bus to talk about public transit...and a guy in the back of the bus has on a jacket and tie, and then underwear and dress shoes.  And Danson calls him out on it and the guy replies, "How else is am I supposed to get to the pants store, idiot?"  

it's perfect irony Elaine.  Obviously one of the show's writers is a Seinfeld fan.  I'll allow the obvious joke theft. 

Did he have any mud on him?