do you ever yearn?

Kel Varnsen

2 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

Jon Favreau as Eric the Clown is probably my favorite non-recurring character in the entire series.  So good.

You're hung up on some clown from the SIXTIES MAN!

And then he's sitting there after the fire with only one giant shoe on.

Doesn’t really make sense since he just said he didn’t know who Bozo the Clown was. Suddenly he accuses George of being hung up on some clown from the 60’s? Apparently he was lying about not knowing who Bozo was. 

2 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Doesn’t really make sense since he just said he didn’t know who Bozo the Clown was. Suddenly he accuses George of being hung up on some clown from the 60’s? Apparently he was lying about not knowing who Bozo was. 

Yes, I've had this argument in my brain before and I've decided to just let it go.

Three clown archetypes are physically displayed on Seinfeld (plus the time Bozo was referenced).  

There is Favreau's birthday party clown, kind of a mashup of whiteface and Auguste. 

There are two others.  A hint on one of the two---the Opera.  

1 hour ago, Lobo said:

Three clown archetypes are physically displayed on Seinfeld (plus the time Bozo was referenced).  

There is Favreau's birthday party clown, kind of a mashup of whiteface and Auguste. 

There are two others.  A hint on one of the two---the Opera.  

Jerry's clown checks the other one?

16 hours ago, Bash Riprock said:

Some of us Surly guys should write a Seinfeld fan fiction. That would be fun. I know I could do it, because I had foot surgery and have no life.

I feel like this had been done. maybe Lobo?  but I’ve read original surly scripts. maybe shaggy scripts.

Nah not me, I think we wrote out like a 10-15 line dialogue between a couple characters awhile back, but never a full scene, let alone a full episode.  

Another thing Larry David never gets enough credit for, is he is the absolute master of denouement.  From Seinfeld to Curb Your Enthusiasm, nobody does comedic denouement like Larry.  He's probably the best overall master of it in terms of writing, since Shakespeare.  But Larry's shit is funny, which is harder to do.  Palace intrigue, cross-dressing, and love trysts---not that scintillating.  But what Larry does, there is literally nobody else in the world that can do that.  Sure his writer's room and casts help it take shape and punch up the jokes---but it's Larry's universe collapsing in on itself time and time again, in sublimely hilarious fashion.  I'm probably delusional, but I've spent time with enough writers, comics, and Twain award folks, I think I could hang in a Seinfeld or Curb writer's room for a couple hours (as could some of you).....but what Larry does with the invisible plot line is like if George Carlin and M. Night Shamalyan made an art baby.  

58 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Nah not me, I think we wrote out like a 10-15 line dialogue between a couple characters awhile back, but never a full scene, let alone a full episode.  

Another thing Larry David never gets enough credit for, is he is the absolute master of denouement.  From Seinfeld to Curb Your Enthusiasm, nobody does comedic denouement like Larry.  He's probably the best overall master of it in terms of writing, since Shakespeare.  But Larry's shit is funny, which is harder to do.  Palace intrigue, cross-dressing, and love trysts---not that scintillating.  But what Larry does, there is literally nobody else in the world that can do that.  Sure his writer's room and casts help it take shape and punch up the jokes---but it's Larry's universe collapsing in on itself time and time again, in sublimely hilarious fashion.  I'm probably delusional, but I've spent time with enough writers, comics, and Twain award folks, I think I could hang in a Seinfeld or Curb writer's room for a couple hours (as could some of you).....but what Larry does with the invisible plot line is like if George Carlin and M. Night Shamalyan made an art baby.  

Great example is the end of the Marine Biologist.  

1 hour ago, Biff Tannen said:

Great example is the end of the Marine Biologist.  

That's probably the best one.  The second best one involving an animal.  (MAMMAL!)....was the squirrel, the Merv Griffin show set, the toys girlfriend, et. al.  

Holy shit, I just realized that Brody not only acts, but LOOKS exactly like my buddy's brother from college that I always felt awkward around.  He was older and bought us beer and stuff, but it was just like, man, why are you hanging around us?  Definitely would've been into bootlegging movies.

On 4/23/2021 at 11:38 AM, Cheeseweasel said:

AKA: The greatest 5 minutes of Seinfeld dialog. 

That scene was rewrote the night before taping and Jason Alexander had just an hour or so to memorize and perform a multiple page monologue and nailed it. 

Edited by Bender Bending Rodriguez
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1