Eminem/MGK beef

RowdyVic

So many sheep in the world.   It's pretty clear that Dre didn't write the beats or produce the Eminem track; because its terrible. It has a few seconds of keyboard repeated over and over and electronic bass noise. Really it's just angry Eminem yelling at the mic in the same style he's been doing for years.   Clever word play? Check.  Interesting rhymes? Sure.   Shitty song? Absolutely.   

Fair enough on the reasons why rap devil is a better song, I'll agree on that. Lyrically, which is what I judge diss tracks on it wasn't even close. 
After listening to it a few times and reading the lyrics i have to agree. Lyrically..not even close.

Sent from my SM-J727T using Tapatalk

• 1 year later...

Just read this thread and it's hilarious. A bunch of nerdy ass white people debating over childish "beef" rap made by nerdy ass white people. Unless you're going to "keep it real" Chappelle style and start murdering each other like the good ol' days just shut the fuck up. 

The only reason I'd heard of machine gun kelly is because he walked the champ Stipe Miocic out to a title defense because they're both from Cleveland. I laughed at how goofy and corny white this dude was. Stay in your lane.

• Haha 1

are diss tracks supposed to sound commercially produced?  like he'd written it for something else and decided he wanted to use it for this instead.  mgk's is more catchy, but i gotta believe it was written originally to be a single.

eminem's response was great.  lyrically deep, rhythmically complex.  minimal supporting tracks.  it's all em.  it's like shakespeare and chopin rolled in to one. 

This thread has been up for awhile, and many of us are sorry that it's taken this long to check in on how many of you were/are doing.  This was a serious beef between two tremendously talented rap stars.  And all of you live off really difficult access roads in the Metroplex, the Houston area, and Austin.  Life off the Frontage ain't easy and a lot of you had to choose between Michael's and Jo-Ann Fabrics.  And these two artists spoke to your struggle.  So I get it.  You stayed strong and you did what you had to do---you chose a side.  Wasn't easy, but it was necessary.  And there were times outside the Olive Garden that you get yelled at for your choices as other Pontiac owners exited Johnny Carrino's.  But y'all are strong and now...you are blessed.  

1 hour ago, Brothahorn said:

The only thing MGK has ever done worthy of my respect is have sex with Rachel Starr.

MGK’s retort to Eminem won that “battle” in my eyes. Everything he said was true. Eminem is just punching down these days. After a certain point, just fucking give it up. You’re a legend. Why are you battling guys that aren’t in your weight class, and letting one of them actually get the better of the exchange (MGK). MGK has always been pretty good, but he got more fame and notoriety from that diss track than anything he’s ever put out. No way that was what Eminem was looking for.