Eminem/MGK beef

RowdyVic

2 hours ago, RowdyVic said:

I didnt know much about mgk before this. Checked out some of his stuff and he has some pretty good stuff. He can spit.

Sent from my SM-J727T using Tapatalk

Best friend is from Cleveland and he’s been telling me about this dude for a while. His old mixtapes are fire, but like a lot of rappers, he got a little more mainstream and lost some of that hunger.

• Like 1

A couple of years ago MGK made a friend of mine a bunch of $ with a rewrite of an old hit song.  I don't know anything about his rap, but that was a pretty cool turn of events.

That said, I have never gotten the pushback on Eminem.  He seems to be massively talented to me.  He pulls some head-scratchers at times, but the Stones did disco, too.

49 minutes ago, Bevo VIII said:

It was fun while it lasted MGK, tuck your tail and take the L

Why? Come back with another diss. He has zero to lose. No one is expecting to take out Eminem, who has been around over 20 years and the level he's at. Tucking your tail and hiding would be a bad look.

Rap has been about 'beefs' since the early days. Backing down is a sign of weakness. So many people who have no idea who MGK was about are now checking him out. Milk it for all its worth. Because people will move on to the next flavor of the week soon. 

1 hour ago, Baboontyme said:

Marshall clapped back. 

I've played the Rap Devil track a bunch of times..It's a catchy song.   I'm pretty sure I'll never play this again.    As a song, it actually sucks.  It sounds like the same shit he's been doing for 10+ years only angrier.   It's got a "get off my lawn" feel.  

MGK FTW.   

• Like 1

On 9/10/2018 at 9:05 AM, jimmyjazz said:

A couple of years ago MGK made a friend of mine a bunch of $ with a rewrite of an old hit song.  I don't know anything about his rap, but that was a pretty cool turn of events.

That said, I have never gotten the pushback on Eminem.  He seems to be massively talented to me.  He pulls some head-scratchers at times, but the Stones did disco, too.

Out of my head?

Edited by Scraps

I just couldnt feel eminems track. There was some ok bars. Last one was tight. But it was like alot of his other stuff. Sounded like shit just mashed together.

Perhaps someone that is into eminem but not a groupy fan can put an unbiased opinion on it.

3 hours ago, 0xdeadbeef said:

I've played the Rap Devil track a bunch of times..It's a catchy song.   I'm pretty sure I'll never play this again.    As a song, it actually sucks.  It sounds like the same shit he's been doing for 10+ years only angrier.   It's got a "get off my lawn" feel.  

MGK FTW.   

Eminem's shit has always been angry and stale. Yeah ok dude we get it, you liked to beat up your girlfriend often. That doesn't make you cool or a bad ass

Edited by immortal13

3 hours ago, 0xdeadbeef said:

MGK FTW.   

Nailed it. MGK's track was much better. But the Eminem fans will treat anything he releases as gospel. This was boring and stale. "Hey, I'm richer, more successful and more established than you". Well no shit sherlock. MGK even acknowledged most of that in his diss to you. Eminem has not released an album worth a damn since Eminem Show in 2002. 

I just think its easier for the 2nd person(with full song) to come back with something because they have a full song to work off of. MGK had like what 6 lines to work from Em's original song...then he comes with full song so now Em has all that to work with, which he pretty much did

2 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

Nailed it. MGK's track was much better. But the Eminem fans will treat anything he releases as gospel. This was boring and stale. "Hey, I'm richer, more successful and more established than you". Well no shit sherlock. MGK even acknowledged most of that in his diss to you. Eminem has not released an album worth a damn since Eminem Show in 2002. 

MGK's track is a better song. I didn't know much about him and it made me look up some of his other stuff, however you don't have to be an Eminem fan to recognize that he pretty much destroyed MGK lyrically. Like others on here have said, there's nothing about Killshot that makes me want to put it on repeat. That being said MGK shouldve saved that beat for something more commercial. 

Edited by Catdaddyhorn

I really dont see it. How did he "destroy" mgk?

Please enlighten me. I am not down with the lyric shit coming from ems mouth. Maybe someone has to be knowledgable of mgk to understand the disses.

I just heard a bunch of crap that rhymed and fit together but had no meat n potatoes behind it. It ended in a rhyme and a cussword?? That makes it a bad ass diss?? Just because em said it??

Sorry but mgk pwned ems ass!!

10 hours ago, Scraps said:

I just think its easier for the 2nd person(with full song) to come back with something because they have a full song to work off of. MGK had like what 6 lines to work from Em's original song...then he comes with full song so now Em has all that to work with, which he pretty much did

I don't think you got the layers and layers of brilliance that were in this diss track. They went pretty far beyond just replying to MGKs diss track. Talking about how he's the GOAT after saying the MGK video was him digging his own grave is so fucking crazy complex of a line. 

1) Goat is the devil referencing the song titlw

2) typically the goat is seen as taking people to hell when they have died, which he's saying he just murdered him. 

3) GOAT = greatest of all time 

9 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

Plus, MGK made a video with his track in the span of just a few days after he heard Eminem's diss. I believe Eminem dropped that surprise album on a Thursday night. MGK had his reply ready by Sunday. Eminem took 5x that long to come back. 

Tupac died on Sept 13 Patrick swayze died on Sept 14th. You don't know anything about anything, this was a planned hit or "killshot" so to speak. 

8 hours ago, Catdaddyhorn said:

MGK's track is a better song. I didn't know much about him and it made me look up some of his other stuff, however you don't have to be an Eminem fan to recognize that he pretty much destroyed MGK lyrically. Like others on here have said, there's nothing about Killshot that makes me want to put it on repeat. That being said MGK shouldve saved that beat for something more commercial. 

It's definitely more produced and try hard, I wouldn't say it's a better song. Time will tell which one will get more plays, but I suspect that it won't be rap devil a song that doesn't measure up to it's rap god counter part by any stretch of the imagination. 

4 hours ago, RowdyVic said:

Please enlighten me. I am not down with the lyric shit coming from ems mouth. Maybe someone has to be knowledgable of mgk to understand the disses.

I just heard a bunch of crap that rhymed and fit together but had no meat n potatoes behind it. It ended in a rhyme and a cussword?? That makes it a bad ass diss?? Just because em said it??

Read some of the comments here, Eminem eviscerated MGK lyrically it wasn't even close. 

• Like 1

Is this real life?

I've got Eminem ahead, but it depends on MGK's response. It's easy to rhyme out a song overnight and people hyping that he got a video out so quick must be easily impressed because tech these days allows a dude with a GoPro, decent software, 2 hours, a back alley, and two buses to make what MGK made. And I think MGK subconsciously knows that he isn't lyrically deep by way of the dictionary knock. Thinking you need a dictionary to rap like Eminem is probably the most mumble rap thought of all time.

1 hour ago, Bevo VIII said:

Y’all getting too wrapped up in MGKs beats and formulaic sound.

And people get wrapped up in Eminem's name and not what he's actually saying. This diss was not that great. But since its Eminem, so many think that is blasphemy to say otherwise. I thought it was way too par for the course and very little energy.

Just heard the response; Eminems was better. 

MGK's song is a good effort and as Rosenburg said on Hot97, he gets a W just for showing up and trying to punch the big guy in the nose which he did, but Eminem's battle rap was better to me. 

The whole thing can be summed up by the line "You ain't the younger me, you are the whack me." In fact, had Em just tweeted that we could have all saved the energy and time, but we wouldn't have gotten the enjoyable diss song I guess.

Edited by Guest

How the fuck does that prove someone's opinion on who had the better track wrong? Eminem fans are like fans of boy bands. They flock to whatever he does and become teeny boppers when discussing it. We all knew his would get more hits. He's been around over 20 years and is popular.

Still doesn't refute my opinion that his diss was bland and boring. Much like his career since 2003.

26 minutes ago, immamac said:

K, sure thing. How do you define success of the diss, because clearly there's a disconnect in what I am perceiving as reality. 

Who is arguing the success of the diss? I thought we were discussing the actual music, not who got more views. Of course Eminem is going to get shit more views than MGK. I don't think one person would argue who is more popular, successful or would get more attention. Hell MGK alluded to all of that in his diss. Doesn't mean everyone is going to enjoy Eminem's diss more. I sure didn't.