Where to live in Denver Metro Area

Doc Holliday

5 hours ago, Chopper said:

Anybody, maybe @Schulz2.0 , have an opinion on a location that's easily accessible to the U of C Hospital complex in Aurora? Don't want anything too suburban-ish if that's at all avoidable.

I'm in SW Littleton by Dakota Ridge HS. I'm not out in that part of Denver too much. I'd take Chewbacca's advice over mine because I'm pretty sure he's been out here way longer than I have.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Schulz2.0 said:

I'm in SW Littleton by Dakota Ridge HS. I'm not out in that part of Denver too much. I'd take Chewbacca's advice over mine because I'm pretty sure he's been out here way longer than I have.

Thanks. I took a look at what zillow has listed for the areas @Chewbaccamentioned. I appreciate the feedback from both of you very much. My wife is strongly against being in a typically planned suburban subdivision from the 80s and 90s, esp - on the other hand I could deal with a planned neighborhood for a rental while we check out the area (which is probably what I should do this time, much as I wouldn't want to move twice) and Stapleton for one looks like it has possibilities.  @Chewbaccado you have a realtor rec for that area perhaps?

Edited by Chopper

3 hours ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

I officed in Five Points 12 or 13 years ago. People shooting up on the sidewalks everywhere. Blows my mind that’s now a trendy spot.

I just think of the South Park episode where Jimmy and Timmy hang out with the Crips and Bloods in Five Points.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Traveled this week to the Denver area. First time traveling with the wife and taking a day to look at various neighborhoods. We really loved the Washington Park area. I'm not sure we'll be able to afford anything we'd want to buy there but there's almost nothing on the market right now so difficult to tell. We can't make a decision for a couple months anyway. Berkeley was too busy, Country Club too ritzy...I'd like to look at some of the towns surrounding Boulder.

• 2 weeks later...
34 minutes ago, Junior Miller said:

I don't think I'd like living anywhere around Denver. 

I do think I'd like living in/around Colorado Springs/Manitou Springs. 

Weird.  I was just coming over to post almost this same thing.  My wife and spent a weekend in Manitou Springs in October to see our daughter play soccer in CS.  Her probable future husband is from the area, and that's probably where she'll end up living.  There are some nice areas around Denver, but Denver itself kinda sucks.  I hear Manitou Springs has a sizeable Wiccan population.  We didn't notice it, but we skipped the bon fire sacrifices.  At least there are no mason jars.

Edited by ImissWallyPryor

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/5/2018 at 12:14 PM, Upgrayedd said:

June of 2020 for me.

Maybe the market will tank by then.

Well, not this June, but early July.

Gf is looking to get a place down valley in Edwards/Eagle/Gypsum.  Probably going to be Gypsum if I had to guess.  She works from home, I will most likely have to roll into Denver 3 days a week.  

Office is at Tech Center.  I’m willing to trade the 5 hour round trip for a sub 10 minute commute when I’m in Denver (my commute now is 5 hours per week, so net zero in my mind.

I don’t go out too much during the week, so bar/restaurant scene is not a huge selling point.  

Thoughts on DTC?  I suppose I can just quit and find construction work in Vail valley and get closer to Avon with the gf.  I kinda need a city though.