Netflix to produce Witcher series starring Henry Cavill

Michael Knight

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
18 minutes ago, Anton Chigurh said:

Holy shit that was some awesome swordplay.

The Butcher of Blaviken, indeed.

Agreed. That fight scene in episode 1 was brutally awesome. 

The show is based on the books, not the games. No doubt there will be very divided opinions on the show. It is not Game of Thrones. I am enjoying it through 3 episodes, but I read the books and played Witcher 3 so I am biased. I think Cavil is doing a great job and so far I like the casting all around. There are nits to pick but it is an entertaining fantasy series so far.

The shows been written quite well, for effectively introducing all the necessary fantasy and background elements without making it clumsy and cheap like a SyFy special.

Except Episode 5.  That was quite of a mess.  Saved only by the titties.

The good-natured-but-gruff character of Geralt keeps it a fun watch.

7 hours ago, 52-80 said:

The shows been written quite well, for effectively introducing all the necessary fantasy and background elements without making it clumsy and cheap like a SyFy special.

Except Episode 5.  That was quite of a mess.  Saved only by the titties.

The good-natured-but-gruff character of Geralt keeps it a fun watch.

No to all of this. This show is a convoluted fucking mess. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kermit said:

I watched all the episodes, without any background knowledge of the source material, and was able to follow along alright. That Yennefer lady has some nice sweater melons.

The entire season was just exposition. The last sentence above is the correct takeaway so far, other than this takes place at a renaissance fair where magic and monsters are things. 

2 hours ago, Kermit said:

I watched all the episodes, without any background knowledge of the source material, and was able to follow along alright. That Yennefer lady has some nice sweater melons.

And they are all over the finale. 

I really liked it and was disappointed to see that season 2 won’t be out til 2021. 

4 hours ago, Pimphand said:

I still haven't gotten around to it. How did they get through 8 episodes and not break out Vesemir? I feel like Mark Hamill would make the perfect Vesemir with his haggard Jedi look.

Probably too busy playing the exact same Haggard Jedi role as Talus in Knightfall

7 minutes ago, Post Oak said:

I got lost a bit on ep 3 with Yennefer and the monster.  Whatever.  Its a good show.  

I have no foundation of the witcher story so going in fresh has been fine.  I'm enjoying it. 

Cavil is good.  Dude probably never gets laid though. Poor bastard. 

Bra, you kill some monsters, get some coins, and head for the local taverns.  Easy formula.  What else would be have spent his money on, Amazon?