Netflix to produce Witcher series starring Henry Cavill

Michael Knight

Henry Cavill will play the lead role in the upcoming Netflix series based on “The Witcher,” Variety has learned.
Based on the best-selling fantasy series, “The Witcher” follows Geralt of Rivia (Cavill), a solitary monster hunter, as he struggles to find his place in a world where people often prove more wicked than beasts. But when destiny hurtles him toward a powerful sorceress, and a young princess with a dangerous secret, the three must learn to navigate the increasingly volatile Continent together.

https://variety.com/2018/tv/news/henry-cavill-the-witcher-netflix-series-1202925521/

1 minute ago, Cheeseweasel said:

Remember that video game that made an awesome movie?

Yeah. Me either.

Not a movie and Netflix did a good job with Castlevania, in my opinion. Looking forward to the next season. I still haven't played any of the Witcher series so I won't be checking it out any time soon, but there is some foundation for hope for the TV series. 

• Like 1

On 9/5/2018 at 10:54 AM, crackamacgowski said:

Not a movie and Netflix did a good job with Castlevania, in my opinion. Looking forward to the next season. I still haven't played any of the Witcher series so I won't be checking it out any time soon, but there is some foundation for hope for the TV series. 

Man you are missing out.  The first one is solid, it was great at the time.  I skimmed through about half of it while waiting for 3 to come out.  The second one holds up well even today, though its too long for me to replay.  The third one...to me its easily the best videogame ever and its not particularly close.  Unless you just completely hate the genre its worth buying a console to play, or better yet a gaming PC.

1 minute ago, Hozz said:

Man you are missing out.  The first one is solid, it was great at the time.  I skimmed through about half of it while waiting for 3 to come out.  The second one holds up well even today, though its too long for me to replay.  The third one...to me its easily the best videogame ever and its not particularly close.  Unless you just completely hate the genre its worth buying a console to play, or better yet a gaming PC.

I own them on PC, and in fact started 3 but I got sidetracked with other games. Eventually I'll get around to it but right now I have other things to play.

On 9/5/2018 at 10:54 AM, crackamacgowski said:

Castlevania was awesome. Season 2 next month

• 1 month later...

Yennefer and Ciri cast.... 

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/the-witcher-netflix-tv-series-casts-ciri-and-yenni/1100-6462424/

Ciri                                                                                                                                                            Yen

20181010-thewitchercast.jpg

Meh

• 3 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

I just started playing 3 a few weeks ago and I'm already 60 hours in. It's a great game and I can see a lot of potential for a series. It's GOT with a little more magic.

Also Henry as geralt is how rheagar should have looked instead of that skinny dweeb they had. 

• Like 1

• 3 months later...