An 'Office Space' Retrospective With Mike Judge

Dutchrudder

• 1 year later...

watching office space on the vice channel. so, the early scene where peter, michael, and samir are at chotchky’s and peter is so overwhelmed and he acts like he’s shooting the machine gun, and then douchebag waiter-boy walks up and mimics the gun before suggesting some shrimp poppers, pizza shooters, or extreme fajitas.  they edited out the finger guns.  finger guns, during the coffee scene in office space.  too risky.  because it’s threatening to people, I guess.  ok 👍🏼 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1

• 1 month later...
Guest Lobo

Yeah, haven't seen her in a couple years but she is/was hotter at 50 than at 25.  Courtney Cox, too.  Phoebe was hotter back then though.  But hey, why can't we all be brothers? 

Guest Lobo

Is that still a thing when you hit the end of your early 40's?  

I did meet Aisha Tyler in real life in Austin for some "Archer" thing, and didn't realize she was on Friends for several episodes.  All I remember is she was gorgeous and was wearing slip-on shoes and she was every bit my height and at the time I was 6'1".  I'm shrunk down to 6'.5".  But Judge was somewhere in the vicinity because he was doing a panel on Silicon Valley.  Where does Judge live nowadays?  I thought it was Austin but he apparently still keeps a really low profile.  

Yeah, haven't seen her in a couple years but she is/was hotter at 50 than at 25.  Courtney Cox, too.  Phoebe was hotter back then though.  But hey, why can't we all be brothers? 
Courtney Cox used to be great, but she got some bad plastic surgery and now her face looks off. I never cared for Phoebe, bit her sister Ursula was pretty hot.

Aniston is still a 10, she was especially sexy in Horrible Bosses. Can't believe Brad Pitt took Angelina over her. At no point in time was Angelina more attractive than Aniston.
  • Like 4

On 5/27/2020 at 11:57 AM, Dutchrudder said:

Courtney Cox used to be great, but she got some bad plastic surgery and now her face looks off. I never cared for Phoebe, bit her sister Ursula was pretty hot.

Aniston is still a 10, she was especially sexy in Horrible Bosses. Can't believe Brad Pitt took Angelina over her. At no point in time was Angelina more attractive than Aniston.

Yeah but Angelina definitely is freakier in bed. 

On 5/27/2020 at 10:07 AM, Lobo said:

I think the last thing I saw Phoebe in was that "Girl on the Train" movie that came out a few years ago.  She's definitely aged the most of the three while Aniston is apparently a vampire.

6 minutes ago, hornian said:

Wait. It’s coming back. Is that the one where she wanted the supposed HF poster to be iced down so it was like she was sexing a cadaver?

Did we just get a glimpse into hornian's dreams???

And that would be no...this is the "The One Where a HF Poster Who Was a Private Pilot Jumped On to Wrong Plane and Found Brad Giving Jen Pooper"

Edited by Surly Bevo
  • Like 1

On 9/25/2018 at 10:14 AM, oSuJeff97 said:

Yeah Office Space came out when I was about 2 years in to the work force.  So it was pretty much perfect timing for me.

I had the unique opportunity to be working at TGI Friday's when it came out  (I was a senior in HS) and have since been in the office environment.  Full circle.  People ask me why I don't pay anyone to mow my yard.  Peter's relaxation at the end of the movie is one reason why.  

2 hours ago, Surly Bevo said:

Did we just get a glimpse into hornian's dreams???

And that would be no...this is the "The One Where a HF Poster Who Was a Private Pilot Jumped On to Wrong Plane and Found Brad Giving Jen Pooper"

Forgot about that. 

There was definitely a poster who had a story about the cadaver thing though. And then he was MIA for a long time after and people wondered if she had killed him to live the fantasy. I don't recall the poster though. 

On 6/1/2020 at 1:16 AM, Tom said:

I think the last thing I saw Phoebe in was that "Girl on the Train" movie that came out a few years ago.  She's definitely aged the most of the three while Aniston is apparently a vampire.

Phoebe is in space force and looks every one of her 56 years.  If you saw her and Anniston together you'd think they were mother and daughter 

21 hours ago, Not a cat said:

Phoebe is in space force and looks every one of her 56 years.  If you saw her and Anniston together you'd think they were mother and daughter 

She wasn't that great 25 years ago. 

• Like 2

Guest Lobo

She had a smoking hot body but they put Monica and Rachel in nipple centric shirts and tight dresses and dressed the Phoebe character in flowey, bohemian frump shit that Dan Patrick would like to borrow.  

• 2 years later...
26 minutes ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

I'm more of a "Look at my cousin. He's broke, don't do shit."

LOL that's great, too.

My favorite part of the "Breast exam" thing is when he busts into Peter's apartment and turns it on:

PETER: Jesus, Lawrence.

LAWRENCE: Sorry man, I thought you'd wanna see this...

:D

• Haha 1

On 9/9/2018 at 8:48 PM, jimmyjazz said:

An absolute classic.  Love the origin of "assclown".  At the time, it was pretty much an unknown phrase -- now, it's just part of the lexicon.

About 15 years ago, I was teaching a class at McCombs.  I said something derogatory about Jim Creamer.  A kid asked incredulously, "You don't like Creamer?!?!?" 

I immediately blurted out, "Creamer's an assclown!" 

The room roared and I was mortified.  No one complained and it wasn't mentioned on my teaching evals, so I survived it.

• 4 weeks later...