So the bug-a-salt is pretty awesome

NateHitch

15 hours ago, NateHitch said:

Drink a beer or two more and shoot your foot, report back on how it felt

Can confirm is stings. I tested this over the weekend to see how much it hurt before I shot the wife. I found out it hurt less than getting a nut check from an angry woman.

• Like 1

On 9/7/2018 at 6:48 AM, SHOOTER12 said:

Been fighting myself over buying one of these things, so I just pulled the trigger on it.  It sounds like it would be a blast, and probably better than shooting the neighbors and their cattle with an AR....like I've heard of others doing😎

Was your neighbor Joseph Stalin?

• 1 month later...

Sounds like 25% off at Fry's (from Slickdeals):

"Fry's has Email Exclusive: Bug-A-Salt 2.0 Pest Eradication Device on sale for $29.95 when you apply your unique Email Promo Code (sign-up for future promo code deals here). Select free in-store pickup where available."

i got a 2.0 lawn and garden edition....shooting it empty and feeling the air pressure it feels like a mouse fart.  with salt the thing barely projects 1ft out.  my salt is granulated sea salt and seems a bit finer than standard table salt...maybe that makes a diff but so far this is a waste of money

5 hours ago, 52-80 said:

i got a 2.0 lawn and garden edition....shooting it empty and feeling the air pressure it feels like a mouse fart.  with salt the thing barely projects 1ft out.  my salt is granulated sea salt and seems a bit finer than standard table salt...maybe that makes a diff but so far this is a waste of money

You got a bad one, contact them and let them know.  They're pretty good about taking care of defects

25 minutes ago, NateHitch said:

You got a bad one, contact them and let them know.  They're pretty good about taking care of defects

Bought mine from Chinese 3rd party sellers through Amazon, since I'm outside bugasalts distribution zone.

Unquestionably the real thing though...nobody goes into business counterfeiting this stuff.

How does yours feel just shooting air?  Is it a pretty good thwack out the barrel?

Might open it up and check the innards and seals

• 8 months later...
12 minutes ago, Okie State said:

I keep hinting that I want one of these and still have not received one as a gift. Guess I'll have to buy it myself.

Yea if you are counting on a woman to buy that wondeful gadget for you it ain't happening.  I've been cooking on the back porch today so door has been open a lot, waxed 5 inside so far

• Like 1

Man. I’m not a huge fan of the salt remnants all over the place in side but it sure is fun. I have the first one. Think the last and greatest uses less salt. Laser sight sounds good also. Does that work well? Hitting up amazon now. 

1 hour ago, Eugene11 said:

Man. I’m not a huge fan of the salt remnants all over the place in side but it sure is fun. I have the first one. Think the last and greatest uses less salt. Laser sight sounds good also. Does that work well? Hitting up amazon now. 

I just got the 2.0 and the salt is def minimal for inside. But your wife will still notice it somehow. 

Edited by hundredTT