So the bug-a-salt is pretty awesome

NateHitch

13 minutes ago, Baboontyme said:

How do I know if I have the 1.0 or the 2.0? And does the laser sight work with the 1.0? And lastly, tell me why I don't need the 3.0 with a laser sight. 

Does it suck so bad that you question how everyone else in this thread is deriving so much enjoyment from it? 

If so, then you have a 1.0.

Like I do. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Just finished grilling tonight and June bugs were buggin the shit out of me flying into me. Tested it out on one point blank, and it killed them fine. Have to be very close, but nonetheless got the job done. Still best for flies obviously. 

23 confirmed kills with the fly swatter yesterday. Done with this shit.
Just ordered the 3.0. There’s currently a 30% discount for adding the laser. And 10% coupon code, FDAY19. 
Thanks for the heads up, I just ordered this setup too. I'll give my 2.0 to my neighbor

Got on for Fathers Day; returned it to Sam’s for the full $34.99. No thanks, makes too much of a mess indoors, etc. (ducks your salt shootings at my direction now)

Yea you’re pretty much an anal retentive pussy if the amount of table salt that comes out of that thing is too much of a mess for you. Not really much more to say other than good luck with...with your bottom.

6 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

Yea you’re pretty much an anal retentive pussy if the amount of table salt that comes out of that thing is too much of a mess for you. Not really much more to say other than good luck with...with your bottom.

You should change your name to Saucy Bevo. Or Sassy Bevo. Rawr!

15 hours ago, Surly Bevo said:

My fiancée said it made too much of a mess as well, the 6 grains of salt. Women, jeez...

Nice ^ Just finished grilling and started slow, thought my gun was defective or flies were on steroids, salt was just bouncing off them. Then around beer 4 I was a deadeye. Easily  killed over 20. Put some bbq sauce on empty meat package, kill em or stun them and the sauce sticks them for a final kill shot haha, 4 right here: 

spacer.png

Yeah that's kind of where I'm at.  We leave the back door open for the dog in the summer, so I used to get pissed and actively hunt them down inside the house.  Now I just leave an empty soda can by the sink window and pick them off whenever I feel like it.  Which is often.

Ha was about to post something similar.  I got damn near point blank on a huge Yellow Jacket, and the the salt just bounced off that motherfucker and pissed him off. I have the 2.0, not sure if the newer model are more powerful? Would love to be able to kill other shit than flies. 

40 minutes ago, hundredTT said:

Ha was about to post something similar.  I got damn near point blank on a huge Yellow Jacket, and the the salt just bounced off that motherfucker and pissed him off. I have the 2.0, not sure if the newer model are more powerful? Would love to be able to kill other shit than flies. 

The 2.0 should be able to kill yellow jackets or at least render them mostly dead.  Big moths are fun to shoot too, they leave a big puff of moth dust and wing fragments.

1 minute ago, rage-a-holic said:

Which is the currently approved shaggy 1% version? Need to avoid buying whichever one the poors have.

I have the 2.0 with the laser sight and the kung fu grip.  It's pretty choice.  Sounds like 3.0 may build from there but doesn't seem enough have it yet for thorough market research.