So the bug-a-salt is pretty awesome

NateHitch

I know I'm not the only one here that has one but it's probably a top 3 greatest things I've ever bought.  It's legit, works as advertised.  The first thing I grab after I fire up the smoker, or grab a drink and turn the porch light on.  Aim for the abdomen if you shoot at a wasp.

Mine must be a dud. I have to fire from point blank (like 3-6") to even disorient a common housefly. It's boring as shit and nearly as useless. Give me an Airsoft any day. 
Yeah you got a bad one. That happened with the first one I had. I called them and they sent a new one out for free, no questions asked.

8 hours ago, Jimbaround said:

Wait, if you do this in the house, doesn't it get salt everywhere?

This!  I can see the novelty of shooting bugs outside, but where it's really necessary is inside when you have one of those shitty flies bouncing against a window, but then you've got a salty mess to clean up.  I'll take the electric tennis racket thing In that case.

19 hours ago, ChickenSandwich said:

anyone try the lawn and garden edition?  Just ordered

Been fighting myself over buying one of these things, so I just pulled the trigger on it.  It sounds like it would be a blast, and probably better than shooting the neighbors and their cattle with an AR....like I've heard of others doing😎

Edited by SHOOTER12

Absolute massacre this morning. Rained all day and the flies congregated under the porch cover. Made a bloody mary and put a peeled banana on a paper plate on the table in the back patio. Wife sipped her coffee and talked about this, that and something or other while I shot the fuck out of some flies. Looked at the laser guide. Wasn't all that interested until I saw that you can calibrate it, will definitely be grabbing one.

On 9/5/2018 at 11:45 PM, Prepuce of Doom said:

Mine must be a dud. I have to fire from point blank (like 3-6") to even disorient a common housefly. It's boring as shit and nearly as useless. Give me an Airsoft any day. 

Mine is the same.  I don't even use it anymore.  Killed probably 15 flies the old fashioned way yesterday.