Masters Lottery

ousuxndallas

5 minutes ago, ousuxndallas said:

Yes.  Monday practice round.  1st year entering the lottery.  Taking my 73 year old dad for his first trip there.  We are playing Reynolds Plantation the weekend prior so it should be a nice trip.

That is some good luck! Awesome - my plan is the same...if/when I get picked take Dad and have a nice memory.

1 hour ago, ousuxndallas said:

Yes.  Monday practice round.  1st year entering the lottery.  Taking my 73 year old dad for his first trip there.  We are playing Reynolds Plantation the weekend prior so it should be a nice trip.

Playing Reynolds Sunday, Monday, and Wednesday.  Masters on Tuesday.  Second time doing the same trip.  You'll love it.  I'll keep my eyes out for a fellow Surligest.?.

16 minutes ago, Buzzrock said:

Which Reynolds courses are y'all playing? And the proper nomenclature is now just "Reynolds", I guess the whole plantation thing wasn't playing well.

Oconee, Great Waters, The National.

Never really thought about it (#whiteprivilege), but yeah, I don't think we'll see the word "Plantation" in many new developments

4 minutes ago, RegularSizedRudy said:

My dad and I are headed to the Thursday round this year. How early should we show up if we want a decent spot to see the ceremonial tee shots?

We went to the Monday round last year, but the day was cut short by a few hours due to bad weather. Can't wait to get back out there.

You pretty much need to be at the gate when they open and go straight to the first tee. It’s not that big of a viewing area around the first tee. 

1 hour ago, Buzzrock said:

Which Reynolds courses are y'all playing? And the proper nomenclature is now just "Reynolds", I guess the whole plantation thing wasn't playing well.

The National and Great Waters.  We depart on Sunday so we'll probably try to play another course that day (if they can squeeze us in).

1 hour ago, PW119 said:

Never really thought about it (#whiteprivilege), but yeah, I don't think we'll see the word "Plantation" in many new developments

Nice. I did a guys weekend up there last summer and stayed in one of the rental cottages at The National. There's a nice little tavern right there by the clubhouse. Had so much fun we're gonna do them again.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, PW119 said:

We did Oconee in 2006 before the Wednesday practice round.  It was very nice then. 

Ill be there Thursday and Friday. Can’t wait. Will be my second trip. 

In 2014 was front row for the ceromonial tee shot. I got there an hour before gates opened. Racewalked past about 300 People that we’re ahead of me until I reached a line of guards arm and arm to lead you down through the path to the entry to the course by the merch building at first fairway. You have to strategically position yourself “inside” (left) for the wide turn left up to first tee then jockey yourself to the right for the next “inside” (right) turn right around behind the first tee to the viewing area. All of the members and their guests will have already staked our prime spots but there will be a few places to plop your chairs. I was literally the first one there and I got the last 2 seats for me and my dad. 

Will post pic next 

43 minutes ago, Longhornanth said:

Ill be there Thursday and Friday. Can’t wait. Will be my second trip. 

In 2014 was front row for the ceromonial tee shot. I got there an hour before gates opened. Racewalked past about 300 People that we’re ahead of me until I reached a line of guards arm and arm to lead you down through the path to the entry to the course by the merch building at first fairway. You have to strategically position yourself “inside” (left) for the wide turn left up to first tee then jockey yourself to the right for the next “inside” (right) turn right around behind the first tee to the viewing area. All of the members and their guests will have already staked our prime spots but there will be a few places to plop your chairs. I was literally the first one there and I got the last 2 seats for me and my dad. 

Will post pic next 

Just left of Mr. Palmer there..couldn't wipe the smile off my face.  Unreal day with my dad.

528830517.jpg

• Like 3

How was Oconee? I play there tomorrow. Played Great Waters on Friday, National today. Great Waters is the easier course, just stay out of the water. National has better fairways (right now). Both courses have phenomenal greens.

You have to strategically position yourself “inside” (left) for the wide turn left up to first tee then jockey yourself to the right for the next “inside” (right) turn right around behind the first tee to the viewing area. All of the members and their guests will have already staked our prime spots but there will be a few places to plop your chairs.

This is like Usain Bolt giving tips to the common man on the 200m.

You left out the part about you owning 10 gold medals in speedwalking through crowds.

This is like Usain Bolt giving tips to the common man on the 200m.

You left out the part about you owning 10 gold medals in speedwalking through crowds.

It was implied.

But yes. It could have been one of proudest athletic achievements.

I sent my dad, recently off knee surgery thru the gates first with his chair (as you are only allowed one per person) then I followed. I told him to get thru the gates, veer left, and hold his chair straight out right.

I grabbed it like earl Campbell taking a handoff and then had one masters chair in each hand swinging them rhythmically as my hips bumped and I picked up speed, reaching roughly 6.2 mph, weaving in and out of the masses, never letting both feet leave the ground at the same time.

I felt like homer in this gif with the putters.

https://m.imgur.com/gallery/4Sx25Wl

Once I reached the tee, I triumphantly planted my chairs in the last 2 spot available and 12 mins later my dad arrived.

I’ll never forget it

https://www.golfdigest.com/story/masters-2018-the-new-masters-golf-shop-is-everything-youd-expect-from-augusta-national

They have a new store.

year ago Augusta National Golf Club opened a state-of-the-art press building that was the envy of the sports world. This year, the club’s newest construction project is something that more than just the media will enjoy.

RELATED: Masters 2018: Rory McIlroy's 'Grand' plan at the Masters

On Sunday, the club opened a new Masters Golf Shop, and let's just say there are department stores that wish they have a retail space like this.

The facility is built on the site of the old main merchandise pavilion, between the Masters practice facility and the first fairway, and has twice the floor space of the previous building. The teardown of the old shop started last May. Within 20 weeks, the new building was up.

https://www.golfdigest.com/story/masters-2018-the-new-masters-golf-shop-is-everything-youd-expect-from-augusta-national
They have a new store.

year ago Augusta National Golf Club opened a state-of-the-art press building that was the envy of the sports world. This year, the club’s newest construction project is something that more than just the media will enjoy.

On Sunday, the club opened a new Masters Golf Shop, and let's just say there are department stores that wish they have a retail space like this.

The facility is built on the site of the old main merchandise pavilion, between the Masters practice facility and the first fairway, and has twice the floor space of the previous building. The teardown of the old shop started last May. Within 20 weeks, the new building was up.

Yeah. And let’s guess the total within $100 of my total bill on Thursday am.

Good luck

2 hours ago, Updawg said:

They have a new store.

That’s really fucking nice 

Augusta-press-building-main-room-large.j

• 1 month later...