2018 Fuck FFB - start/sit/waivers/FA/?s

ChickenSandwich

So the great Conner debate. He’s on the wire in my league. No question my buddy with Bell is going to go after him. I’m trying to decide what % of FAAB he could be worth to me. I can see him as a low end RB1 option or strong Flex. 

I have: 

Saquon

Howard

Ajayi

Beast Mode

So I’m not without weapons. BUT, my hypothesis is Bell will hold out for 3-4 games to manage his touch count to something closer to 300 than the 400 they’d like to have. And always the possibility that he punts until the last minute and/or is traded which opens up even more upside in Conner. 

So so if only one game, not really interesting. But if he goes for 3-4 (or more), what is he worth?

2 hours ago, Bert Orange said:

So the great Conner debate. He’s on the wire in my league. No question my buddy with Bell is going to go after him. I’m trying to decide what % of FAAB he could be worth to me. I can see him as a low end RB1 option or strong Flex. 

I have: 

Saquon

Howard

Ajayi

Beast Mode

So I’m not without weapons. BUT, my hypothesis is Bell will hold out for 3-4 games to manage his touch count to something closer to 300 than the 400 they’d like to have. And always the possibility that he punts until the last minute and/or is traded which opens up even more upside in Conner. 

So so if only one game, not really interesting. But if he goes for 3-4 (or more), what is he worth?

I think this is all way overblown.  I doubt he sits more than a week (based on MO).  When he does the math and starts subtracting game checks from his total annual compensation he will be back quickly to not miss the next check.  I think you are strong already at RB and would be leery of putting any real money out there for a complete unknown.  I can't imagine a scenario where you will start him, let alone one where he is valuable in the playoffs.  If you are playing him, you've had serious things go wrong.  For a bargain bench add, sure, makes sense.

Bid up the competition though if possible

20 hours ago, Finkle_Is_Einhorn said:

Luck or Goff?

I'm a little nervous starting Luck with him coming back from injury, new offense, and basically a new set of WRs. Leaning towards Goff against Oakland and seeing how Luck handles a full game.  

Same. Luck’s arm didn’t seem explosive in the pre season. Think Goff is the safe play and play wait and see on Luck. 

29 minutes ago, EvilCaseMcCoy said:

Some dude just sat half his roster to forfeit after Fournette went down so he could grab Yeldon with waiver 1.  Is that fair play or fucked up?  I'm pretty pissed about it. 

It’s fucked up. But if you don’t have a “no tanking” rule, can’t really punish him for it.

th “waiver order based on standings” system is terrible. Your league needs to switch to FAAB.  It’s the best and fairest system.  

5 minutes ago, CurlyDumps said:

It’s fucked up. But if you don’t have a “no tanking” rule, can’t really punish him for it.

th “waiver order based on standings” system is terrible. Your league needs to switch to FAAB.  It’s the best and fairest system.  

You have that in place in a standard league or an auction league?  

1 hour ago, EvilCaseMcCoy said:

You have that in place in a standard league or an auction league?  

Auction draft, but waiver settings are separate from draft settings. So you can have a snake draft with a FAAB waiver system.

Of the 3 systems typically available, the standings-based system is by far the worst.  The ongoing queue system is slightly more fair, but I don’t like that waiver priority is determined by inverse draft order.  high waiver priority is more valuable than a high draft spot.  

FAAB is the best and it’s not close imo.

8 hours ago, T’Boo Ted Marshall said:

Well Rodgers comes back out at half and gets me 30 points.
Crazy.

I turned off the TV when he was on the cart headed to the locker room, thinking my fantasy season was done since I basically have the Packers O at QB, WR, and TE.

What a nice surprise thing morning when I checked scores to see how bad my ass was getting kicked.

On 9/6/2018 at 3:08 PM, ChickenSandwich said:

I think this is all way overblown.  I doubt he sits more than a week (based on MO).  When he does the math and starts subtracting game checks from his total annual compensation he will be back quickly to not miss the next check.  I think you are strong already at RB and would be leery of putting any real money out there for a complete unknown.  I can't imagine a scenario where you will start him, let alone one where he is valuable in the playoffs.  If you are playing him, you've had serious things go wrong.  For a bargain bench add, sure, makes sense.

Bid up the competition though if possible

Best pickup I’ve had for a single week. 31 points. Looks like the jury may be deliberating a while longer. 

Bell owner and fan. Own Conner as well. I don't think Bell reports until at least Week 8. At this point it's clear the org is not going to do anything. It's clear his teammates resent/hate him. It's clear he's preserving himself for his next team, hence his teammates resenting/hating him. He is a great player but I see little upside for him personally now that lines have been drawn to report much in advance of Week 10 other than to make sure he's in football shape and doesn't get himself injured during the stretch run. 

9 hours ago, Baboontyme said:

Bell owner and fan. Own Conner as well. I don't think Bell reports until at least Week 8. At this point it's clear the org is not going to do anything. It's clear his teammates resent/hate him. It's clear he's preserving himself for his next team, hence his teammates resenting/hating him. He is a great player but I see little upside for him personally now that lines have been drawn to report much in advance of Week 10 other than to make sure he's in football shape and doesn't get himself injured during the stretch run. 

He's pulling a Kawhi?  That trend so hot right now. 

He must report by Week 10 or he loses an accrued year towards his pension and perhaps even more importantly, opens himself up to getting tagged again by the Steelers next year. And you know they're going to run him into the ground regardless of how well Conner is doing. Let's say hypothetically he makes the most selfish play possible and shows up Friday/Saturday of Week 10 so too late to play that week, but in time to technically report. That's still a stretch run of Wks 11-17 with Le'Veon. Do we think he makes the most selfish play possible? I'm not sure. 

• Like 1

I'd argue it's a smart play by Bell. Selfish sure but the Steelers decided they weren't going to invest in him so it's in his best interests to maximize his earning potential for his next team/contract this off-season. Fuck the Steelers (if you're him).

But yeah this is FF we're talking about and I hope he reports tomorrow, fucking dick. Conner ain't gonna take me to the playoffs.

On 9/12/2018 at 9:20 PM, Baboontyme said:

I'd argue it's a smart play by Bell. Selfish sure but the Steelers decided they weren't going to invest in him so it's in his best interests to maximize his earning potential for his next team/contract this off-season. Fuck the Steelers (if you're him).

Two sides to every story, I suppose, but Bell seems to think he’s getting QB money once he’s free of Pittsburgh. He ain’t.

42 minutes ago, VolenteHawk said:

Two sides to every story, I suppose, but Bell seems to think he’s getting QB money once he’s free of Pittsburgh. He ain’t.

No, I don't think he is, either. I think he wants more than the $10m guaranteed the Steelers were offering him. Gurley got $30m. OBJ got $60m guaranteed. I think he's established himself as a ~ 80 catch/year, 3 down back who probably is worth somewhere in the ~ $40m guaranteed range. I think he'll get that. Cousins got I believe $80m guaranteed. I don't think Bell thinks he's getting that. My understanding of the offer on the table was Bell would have gotten $33m after 2 years but could have been released after year 1 and only $10m.