2018 Fuck FFB - start/sit/waivers/FA/?s

ChickenSandwich

3 minutes ago, spystud13 said:

Is Breida gonna fucking play? I’m fucked for the afternoon games if not. 

Latest:

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports Matt Breida (knee) is expected to play in Week 4 against the Chargers.

Alfred Morris (knee) is also expected to play. Breida said he would be a game-time call after getting in just a limited session on Friday, but getting this update this early suggests he felt much better on Saturday. Breida's fantasy stock took a hit following the Jimmy Garoppolo injury, but he is still in the RB3 conversation.
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Redneck Mutha said:

Latest:

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports Matt Breida (knee) is expected to play in Week 4 against the Chargers.

Alfred Morris (knee) is also expected to play. Breida said he would be a game-time call after getting in just a limited session on Friday, but getting this update this early suggests he felt much better on Saturday. Breida's fantasy stock took a hit following the Jimmy Garoppolo injury, but he is still in the RB3 conversation.

Per Schefer, barring any pregame setbacks, he will play. Got to decide between him and Ty Montgomery.

2 hours ago, spystud13 said:

Eifert scored. 

And then suffered a broken leg. 

Ben Watson, Will Dissly, Cameron Brate, and Jesse James appear to be my best options on the waiver wire next week when I drop him.  Can't carry McDonald and James or I'm screwed on the bye week and Dissly also has the same bye week.

Team affiliation aside...alvin kamara is my favorite nfl player.

What a dude. And the nose rings add to his bad assness
Indeed. Who ever imagined the Saints would score 33 without a Brees TD pass.

Those 42 pts helped me beat my rival who was crowing all week about the ass whipping I was gonna endure.

1 hour ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:
18 hours ago, Deej said:
Luckily, my opponent this week left 112 point on the bench on Thursday.
Gurley, Diggs, Goff, and Kupp.

Screen shot or this didnt happen

Yeah, that's where I am at.  Who the fuck did he start?

Gurley is auto-start, Diggs is close, and Goff has been productive as hell...going into a game that was bound to be a shootout.

So, 10 team league. I know Rodgers is hurt but kinda surprised at this. And yeah, trade partner probably posts here and may see this. 

His QB was Jimmy G. His RBs are Breida and Lindsay (Denver). He did pick up Goff, who obviously had a crazy week. 

I offered A Rodg and Lamar Miller for AJ Green. He took 5 days to decline. 😐

I thought that was a pretty good deal. I need WR help. 

13 minutes ago, Baboontyme said:

So, 10 team league. I know Rodgers is hurt but kinda surprised at this. And yeah, trade partner probably posts here and may see this. 

His QB was Jimmy G. His RBs are Breida and Lindsay (Denver). He did pick up Goff, who obviously had a crazy week. 

Fuck him...Let him roll with Goff. He will end up regretting not taking Rodgers

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Baboontyme said:

I would have declined or countered on lamar miller alone.  Texans o-line sucks bad. Lamar Miller does too.

Green's kinda warming up a bit...along with the Cincy offense as a whole.  He's a Tier 1 WR in most people's opinions. If we redrafted today, he'd be a Top 20 pick.

and Rogers ain't his normal self this season.  IMHO, that was a shitty, one-sided trade offer, but that doesn't mean i wouldn't counter for something else in your lineup.

Edited by slorch

Just a little bit on how I'd break down that trade offer.  Do other people ask the same questions?

1. What is their performance YTD?  Rogers is QB17 on points produced. Goff is 4th.

Lamar Miller is RB28 in standard leagues, worse in PPR.  Not sure of his bench considerations, but that could not have been much of an improvement.

AJ Green is WR6, with momentum.

2. What does their playoff schedule look like? 

Rogers has ATL, @CHI, @NYJ

Miller has IND, @NYJ , @PHI

Green has @LAC, OAK, @CLE

Pretty much a wash, with Green having one less chance of snow game.

3. Why would the other guy say yes?  Sure it's a crime to let a sucker keep his talent, but generally, most people are gonna shoot this offer down in a heartbeat. What are you offering to make a guy give up his top WR?  Rogers is historically a top level QB, but he isn't this year.  You're trying to sell high on someone who is not trending high.  Lamar Miller plays for a team with a crap offensive line, and Miller also brings very little value to the trade.  The value of two players added together to equal one player in return is not an equal offer.  The other owner is having to use another roster spot to get the same points.  Again, fantastic if you can get some cheesehead to agree to this trade, but most folks ain't pulling the trigger. It lowers their ability to produce points.

Not trying to demean you or how you run your team.  maybe I have the wrong approach on trades, myself.  Just thought I'd put it out there for discussion.

That's a fair take. I guess I'm inclined to look at it as though Rodgers is not going to perform as the QB17 for the rest of the season. I know he's banged up a bit but I expect him to be a top 3 QB by the end of the year. And I would expect Miller to have around 1000 yds and 7/8 TDs by the end of the year, as well. If I own Breida or Lindsay I'm not sure what the hell I have in those guys. If I own Miller he's frustrating as hell as a RB2 but I know he's going to be pretty much an every down back unless Foreman is ready when he's eligible to come off of PUP. 

But whatever, I'm not upset about it or anything. I was mildly surprised.  I ran it past a couple of other folks and a few of them said they would do the deal straight up for Rodgers.