2018 Fuck FFB - start/sit/waivers/FA/?s

ChickenSandwich

Just now, youdunnf'dup said:

How the fuck did you swing Beckham, Kamara, and Hopkins?! Because clearly you didn’t draft them unless you’re in a 6 team league lol

Snake draft - picked near the end of the Round and got Hopkins and Beckham on the come-back.  Had also taken Cooper Kupp and got Alshon Jeffrey relatively cheap as he was out the first four weeks.  So the guy with Kamara was overloaded at RB and thin at WR and Ingram was close to returning and I think Kamara put up a bad game.  I think it was the week before Kupp also got hurt.  So he offered Kamara for Beckham and I countered with Kupp who was a Top 5 WR at the time (before he got hurt).

5 hours ago, youdunnf'dup said:

How the fuck did you swing Beckham, Kamara, and Hopkins?! Because clearly you didn’t draft them unless you’re in a 6 team league lol

In my 400 dollar 8 team PPR league, I ended up with Mahomes, Kamara, Barkley, Julio, Mike Evans, Edelman, Amari Cooper, and Jarvis Landry in the draft. 8 team leagues are ridiculous.

6 hours ago, TWHOOKEM said:

Is it crazy of me to play Lamar Jackson against Tampa today over Cam vs Saints? Cam has been been playing hurt and not running (or throwing) for many TD's lately... I think I'm gonna do it, but getting cold feet.

I don’t think it’s crazy at all. Ballsy, but not crazy. Tampa’s d has been god awful this year. I agree with your gut on this one 

1 hour ago, EuroHorn said:

I need 7 points and have McCaffrey to go against NO to move into the finals

I need McCaffrey and Thomas to both have above average games to win.  I have Tyreek Hill, Adam Thielen, Leonard Fournette who combined were all outscored by a Dede Westbrook special teams touchdown this week.  FML.

8 minutes ago, deech said:

I need McCaffrey and Thomas to both have above average games to win.  I have Tyreek Hill, Adam Thielen, Leonard Fournette who combined were all outscored by a Dede Westbrook special teams touchdown this week.  FML.

I don’t know if you’re in ppr or half ppr, but what McCaffrey has done over the last 6 weeks is basically what you would’ve hoped for if you drafted leveon bell @ 1:1 or 1:2. Not that it helped me make the playoffs in the league that I have him, but what he’s been doing lately (while his team is reeling) is absurd. Coming into the year, i felt like he was a bit of a ppr cheat code, but I thought he looked like shit last year (based on the eye test, not the fantasy points in ppr). He’s A LOT more talented than i ever gave him credit for. If he doesn’t have an above average game for you, it just wasn’t meant to be. Because he’s been the best fantasy rb over the last 6 weeks, hands down.

Edited by youdunnf'dup

Just now, youdunnf'dup said:

I don’t know if you’re in ppr or half ppr, but what McCaffrey has done over the last 6 weeks is basically what you would’ve hoped for if you drafted leveon bell @ 1:1 or 1:2. Not that it helped me make the playoffs in the league that I have him, but what he’s been doing lately (while his team is reeling) is absurd. Coming into the year, i felt like he was a bit of a ppr cheat code, but I thought he looked like shit last year (based on the eye test, not the fantasy points in ppr). He’s A LOT more talented than i ever gave him credit for. If he doesn’t have an above average game for you, it just wasn’t meant to be. Because he’s been the best fantasy rb over the last 6 weeks, hands down.

It's a standard league.  He's been phenomenal the last six weeks which is why I fully expect him to lay an egg this week.  If he does what he's done the last six weeks, I think I just need a Thomas TD to win.  

I joke with my friend that I am personally cursed in FFB.  I've won once in ten years despite playing in multiple leagues.  This year in my bigger money league, I have Fournette, McCaffrey, Hill, Thomas, Thielen where you start 1-2 RB and 3-4 WR/TE's.  Jordy Nelson and Dede Westbrook both separately outscore Thielen, Hill, and Fournette - combined.  His other WR is Cameron Brate or I would already be dead.   He picked up Damien Wililams and started him this week.  Surreal.

Maybe I’m misinterpreting what you mean, but I hate leagues like that. I can’t be in a league that doesn’t force you to start 1 QB, 2 RBS, 2-3 WRs, 1 TE, and at least one flex. Guy invited me to a league that started one rb. Went against everything I’ve ever thought that I knew about fantasy football 

16 minutes ago, youdunnf'dup said:

Maybe I’m misinterpreting what you mean, but I hate leagues like that. I can’t be in a league that doesn’t force you to start 1 QB, 2 RBS, 2-3 WRs, 1 TE, and at least one flex. Guy invited me to a league that started one rb. Went against everything I’ve ever thought that I knew about fantasy football 

It's really 1 RB, 3 WR/TE's and 1 Flex.  Rather than have a separate position for TE's, they just pool them in the WR pool which actually makes a lot of sense for a non-PPR league.  Also start a QB, K, and Defense.   

1 hour ago, deech said:

Have you seen the highlight of Dede’s score? Shit was funny. 

https://sports.yahoo.com/whoopsie-redskins-byron-marshall-tackled-runner-without-ball-punt-return-touchdown-201856060.html

This was a weird week.  Lots of duds.  The QB position as a whole was a dud.  I don’t think there were any 300 yd passers until Goff Sunday night, but he still had a pretty shit stat line.

Dalvin and Mixon should help me survive duds from Juju, Luck, and Kittle.  Fucking limp dick Cowboys defense couldn’t stop Marlon Mack which contributed to Luck’s megadud. I have Michael Thomas and a 45pt lead vs. Cam and Kamara.  Not a lock though.

Edited by CurlyDumps

Fucking Gurley. I'm up 110-66 and he has Gurley. Now he's at 99. He has Brees. I have Ingram tonight..

That over turned TD in the 4th qtr that placed the ball at the 1 inch line and Gurley got another TD, fuck. Then he got another 2 points on that catch at the very end.

11 point lead. Not feeling good about it. Ingram is so iffy and he really needs a score or 2 to have a good output.

10 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

Fucking Gurley. I'm up 110-66 and he has Gurley. Now he's at 99. He has Brees. I have Ingram tonight..

That over turned TD in the 4th qtr that placed the ball at the 1 inch line and Gurley got another TD, fuck. Then he got another 2 points on that catch at the very end.

11 point lead. Not feeling good about it. Ingram is so iffy and he really needs a score or 2 to have a good output.

You better hope the last two weeks Brees shows up tonight. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, youdunnf'dup said:

We’ve done the 1rb, 2wr, 1 TE,1 flex forever. It’s great. With a short bench there are tons of winning combinations, not just the team with the strongest two (or three RBs). 12 team league and a 6 man bench. No IR. Way more combinations and strategy compared to other leagues 

1 hour ago, ChickenSandwich said:

We’ve done the 1rb, 2wr, 1 TE,1 flex forever. It’s great. With a short bench there are tons of winning combinations, not just the team with the strongest two (or three RBs). 12 team league and a 6 man bench. No IR. Way more combinations and strategy compared to other leagues 

I hear you. That’s how it was presented to me as well, but i just don’t think it’s for me. I like how important rbs are because most years (definitely not this year) I feel like I’m good at finding diamonds in the rough at rb in the draft. So i guess I like it for selfish reasons. 

7 minutes ago, T’Boo Ted Marshall said:

Finals against the same guy as last year. I killed him week 16 but had to scramble for scrubs in the last week and lost.

This is the last year of Week 17 games in our league. I’ve lost in that week alone 3x now.

I used to play in a league that had the championship game in week 17. So fucking stupid. Way too many variables going on in that week. I lost a championship because a handful of my games did not see that much playing time.

Well when you are up against Dede Westbrook and Jordy Nelson, you have no choice but to lose.  You can't expect Tyreek Hill or Micheal Thomas or Adam Thielen to combine for more points than either of those two elite WR's individually.  It was a pipe dream and now its over.

• Like 1