2018 Fuck FFB - start/sit/waivers/FA/?s

ChickenSandwich

1 hour ago, Redneck Mutha said:

Thomas got me just enough last night to squeak into the finals.  With injuries/suspensions (Hunt/Ware/McCoy), I'm pretty much down to one decision to make:

Cooks (@ ARI) or Pettis (vs CHI)

Well, probably in the market for a kicker too, after Maher got shut out last week, but that's a damn crapshoot.

Gotta go with Cooks here.

2 hours ago, Auto Driller said:

The New Orleans fumble through the end zone was the difference in championship berths in both of my leagues. No points for Will Lutz on that drive plus the couple of points McCaffrey put up in the final 2 minutes got me into the finals. 

My opponent I am playing in the finals was in your position exactly. He has McCaffery. His opponent had Lutz. He had a 2 point lead. Lutz would have given his opponent a 1pt lead. Now we are a PPR league (1pt each catch) so most likely with McCaffery used a receiver, he still would have gotten the 2pts to win and advance but I wanted to how it would have unfolded.

Then again, if it's 4th and inches, do the Saints go for it again? They did 3 plays earlier. Carolina had no timeouts at that point and were on the other side of the 2min warning.

Finals in two leagues. 

My decent money auction 3 keeper league I’ve played in with fraternity brothers for almost 20 years went to FAAb auction for free agent pickups a few years ago.  No limit on budget.  Man that has goosed payouts.  First place prior to the change was around $1200.  Now it’s going to be north of $2500.  

I love the blind unlimited budget auction for free agents.  Going to be some big pickups tonight for running backs given injuries. 

1 hour ago, Party_Taco said:

Snagged Kelly, but now I’ve got a tough choice with only 2 RB slots, picking between the following:

- Zeke
- Carson
- Cohen
- Coleman
- Kelly

Initial guess is the first two given the matchup and the relative unknown that is Kelly... thoughts?

Elliott, Carson.  If Kelly starts, I think you still go with the first two.  

For the championship I have to decide between:

Goff @ AZ

Josh Allen @ NE

and (3 of):

Kamara vs PIT

McCaffrey vs ATL

Marlon Mack vs NYG

Damien Williams @ SEA

John Kelly @ AZ

Goff seems like the obvious start here but his recent accuracy struggles and the fact that the Rams could easily jump out to a big lead and rest starters in the 4th quarter concerns me. Allen puts up a lot of rushing yards as well. My opponent is starting Robert Woods at WR if that matters.

Kamara is a lock to start, as is McCaffrey despite the QB situation. Right now I have Mack in the FLEX but Williams looked really good last week and Kelly could put up big numbers against a weak Cardinals defense.

Thoughts?

So this may be obvious, but I haven't played FF in 10+ years. In Finals, no real lineup decisions. However, if the tiebreaker in the league is bench points, shouldn't I dump any back ups and pick up some of these scrub QBs? They are 'projected' to get 13-15 points each. 

Does anyone trust Sony Michel this week? Rankings sites like him but with White, Devlin and Burkhead I don’t see him getting 100 yards and could see goaline TD’s getting vultured. 

Need to start 2 out of Gus Edwards, Jamaal williams, Elijah mcGuire and Sony Michel ( 💯 starting Mixon). I’m leaning towards Edwards and Williams. 

Does anyone trust Sony Michel this week? Rankings sites like him but with White, Devlin and Burkhead I don’t see him getting 100 yards and could see goaline TD’s getting vultured. 

Need to start 2 out of Gus Edwards, Jamaal williams, Elijah mcGuire and Sony Michel ( starting Mixon). I’m leaning towards Edwards and Williams. 

I have him in both leagues and in one I’m stacked at RB so I won’t be starting him, but the other I’ll have to. I’d rate him above Edwards, Williams, and McGuire, though.

43 minutes ago, youdunnf'dup said:

So apparently Zeke’s fumble vs the colts was changed to a turnover on downs. That could be a pretty epic stat correction in some leagues semifinals.

Just saw that. I was up by .1 before Cmac got those garbage yards at the end..Guy i played had Zeke...Cant imagine how i would feel right now if those garbage yards never came and i went from Title game to knocked out. I imagine this is gonna cause some arguments in tons of leagues. 

46 minutes ago, joeycovers said:

Just saw that. I was up by .1 before Cmac got those garbage yards at the end..Guy i played had Zeke...Cant imagine how i would feel right now if those garbage yards never came and i went from Title game to knocked out. I imagine this is gonna cause some arguments in tons of leagues. 

It’s gotta be pretty devastating but there really is no argument haha. They corrected the stat. Zeke didn’t fumble. That’s bad luck, but there really is no valid argument for the people who got fucked.

4 minutes ago, youdunnf'dup said:

It’s gotta be pretty devastating but there really is no argument haha. They corrected the stat. Zeke didn’t fumble. That’s bad luck, but there really is no valid argument for the people who got fucked.

Saw a guy tweet that he benched a player he had on MNF with fear of getting negative and losing.  Ouch 

2 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

That game ended Sunday afternoon. How are they just getting around to those corrections. Is it normal to wait this long? I thought it was done by Tuesday.

Nah this is usually when the stat corrections go through. Wednesday night/Thursday morning. At least according to the podcast that I was listening to. Somehow, in the 15 or so years I’ve played fantasy football I’ve never been on either end of a stat correction (at least in terms of it being the difference between a win or a loss). 

1 hour ago, Auto Driller said:

I think Edelman is must-start at one WR spot. I would go with Evans at WR2 and Williams in the FLEX.

Also, you only listed 1 RB while your opponent has 2. Who is your 2nd RB?

We start 2 RBs. I start Kamara and Barkley. 

2 receivers and one flex: Julio is an autostart. So it’s  Damian Williams, Edelman, Evans, cooper and Landry for t2 spots. 

13 hours ago, ocugolf said:

This is my team: Mahomes, Barkley, Kamara, Julio, Edelman, Cooper, McManus, Tennessee.

but i can change Cooper or Edelman for Evans, Landry or Damian williams 

Opponent: Darnold, McCafrey, Gurley, Michael Thomas, Thielen, Cohen, Zuerlein, Houston

Are you in a 6 team league?