2018 Fuck FFB - start/sit/waivers/FA/?s

ChickenSandwich

Won my longtime  league this year thanks to Kamara, Davonte Adams, Thielen, and rolling out Watson at QB. Fuckstomped the league all season and pretty much fuckstomped through the playoffs.

Never remember a season where i didnt have a single important player miss a game other than bye weeks. I'm sure that will revert to the norm next season, but it was crazy how injury free my team was this year. 

• Like 1

I coasted. Gonna win my chamionship matchup by 50.  

Mixon and Dalvin weren’t great, but my receivers carried me. Nice to see Michael Thomas blow up again after a pretty bad month stretch. Edelman came through again, he’s been really consistent.  Juju had a nice game.  Luck was Luck - he puts up 350 & 2 in his sleep.

This is a yahoo league where Samuels is eligible at TE. I felt kind of guilty and cheesy benching Kittle for Samuels,  but it got me 3 extra points.  

Sucks that my opponent lost Gurley.  But he could have had Anderson.  He blew it.  Anderson sat on the WW until Friday and someone in the 3rd place game scooped him up. He ended up stuck starting Mike Davis, lawlz.  He used his waiver claim to pick up Cleveland DST.  What’s funny is that CLE was my first choice.  I ended up starting MIA who outscored CLE 12-4 in our matchup.  I still would have won, but it would have been a lot closer.  He got really boned by Rivers who put up a megadud. 

My Luck vs his Rivers, Mike Davis instead of CJ Anderson, and MIA vs CLE was the diffference, that adds up to around 50.

Entered the championship matchup undefeated and having outscored the rest of this 10 team league by 300 points over the course of the year.  Drafting Mahomes, Hill, Kelce, and McCaffrey had more than a little something to do with that. Signing Damien Williams off waivers a couple of weeks ago didn't hurt my playoff performances any. For this week, I had to find plugs for OBJ and Tyler Boyd at WR, and rolled with Robby Anderson (yes!) and Pettis (furk) off waivers. 

I'm up 64 points and my opponent is down to Phillip Lindsay.  Things are trending my way, but I've learned to never call it until the final whistle of the week.   

8 hours ago, RichUT said:

I'm up 64 points and my opponent is down to Phillip Lindsay.  Things are trending my way, but I've learned to never call it until the final whistle of the week.   

You’re taking the “don’t wanna jinx myself” thing a little too far.  I don’t think a running back has ever scored 64 fantasy points in the history of the NFL.

9 hours ago, spystud13 said:

How in the fuck is Samuels eligible at TE? 

No clue.  AFAIK he’s not TE eligible in NFL.com, CBS, or ESPN leagues. Why Yahoo made him TE eligible is a mystery.

I picked up Samuels b/c I had Conner, and didn’t even know until week 14 when my brother, who’s in the league, asked me if I was tempted to start Samuels over Kittle.  That was the 1st round of the playoffs when Kittle went for over 200 yards.  Gotta say, I’m glad I didn’t know. Who knows what I would have done.

Had Gurley.  Picked up Kelly last week due to injury.   Of course they use Anderson instead.  

Have been decimated by injuries.   Aaron Jones, Emmanuel Sanders, Kerryon Johnson and Gurley  

But my Robby Anderson and Damien Williams FAAB pick ups sure helped.  

And I played Baker Mayfield over Tom Brady.  That was 26 points net in my favor

Up 29 tonight in our winner take all league.  Opponent just has Jordy Nelson left.  Pot is around $3,500.  

• Like 3

You’re taking the “don’t wanna jinx myself” thing a little too far.

You’re probably right, but this is a higher scoring league due to PPR, yardage bonuses, etc. CMC dropped 50 one week, but I couldn’t find a higher output for a RB. It’d take a fairly incomprehensible performance to hit 64.

I’ll still feel better once the game is over.

Outscored the league this year and will probably finish in third due to injuries down the stretch causing a 3 game losing streak and four out of the last five.

Had Kareem Hunt and and picked up (a week before the suspension was announced) Spencer Ware...oops

Had Melvin Gordon and picked up Austin Ekeler a week before Gordon gets hurt...oops

OJ Howard...oops

Aaron Jones...oops

Thielen nose dived that last 3-4 weeks...oops

We are the kiss of death for fantasy players.

20 hours ago, Catpfish said:

Outscored the league this year and will probably finish in third due to injuries down the stretch causing a 3 game losing streak and four out of the last five.

Had Kareem Hunt and and picked up (a week before the suspension was announced) Spencer Ware...oops

Had Melvin Gordon and picked up Austin Ekeler a week before Gordon gets hurt...oops

OJ Howard...oops

Aaron Jones...oops

Thielen nose dived that last 3-4 weeks...oops

We are the kiss of death for fantasy players.

The plaque for the alternates is down in the ladies' room.  We'll leave the light on for you.

Sincerely,

Spoiler Mutha

Won one league.

Work league is a stupid two week matchup one ending in week 17. I’m up 3 going into this week after leaving about 30 points on my bench.

It would be ironic that I lost last year due to my opponent having Gurley go off, and I’d lose this year cause I have him and he doesn’t play. Here’s to hoping.

I’ve got Gurley, Cook, Conner, Michel, and dropped Jaylen Samuels today to pick up Ware since he (and Conner) practiced fully and my opponent has Damien Williams.

Opponent also has Kamara and Brees, so them not in his lineup will be nice.

First year playing, but somehow lucked into the championship game.  

Up 21 going into this weekend, but the Saints (Thomas) and Cowboys (Elliott) wins may have screwed me.  Boyd’s injury inst helping either.  At least Mahomes will be playing with something on the line.

Non PPR

For RB

Williams vs Det

Cook vs Chi

I have to go Cohen @ Min (Flex) and Martin @ KC(RB3) over Elliott - right?  There is no way the redhead is going to let him play more than a series or two.

WR

Hilton @ Ten

Robinson @ Min 

For WR3, between Thomas vs Car, Sanu @ TB, Williams @ Den.  

I am leaning Sanu, with Williams going for Robinson if he can’t suit up.

13 hours ago, T’Boo Ted Marshall said:

Now is when I get irritated. Kamara has been RB1 all year but now I have to revamp my roster to account for him being taken out early or not even playing.
I have a 30 point lead and the better team but that was the same last year when week 17 I had to replace Goff and Gurley.

I have a 50 point lead in the championship game. Not sure if I should start mccaffrey given he may not play the whole game. Same problem with gronkowski and Edelman 

On 12/26/2018 at 7:56 PM, T’Boo Ted Marshall said:

Now is when I get irritated. Kamara has been RB1 all year but now I have to revamp my roster to account for him being taken out early or not even playing.
I have a 30 point lead and the better team but that was the same last year when week 17 I had to replace Goff and Gurley.

....this is why real leagues ended last week

for the final week, each team sets a roster and high score wins a hundo (every team has a shot in week 17)

Edited by ChickenSandwich

On 12/28/2018 at 4:39 PM, Johnny Sack said:

Some people in my league do side bets head to head this week.  But our season ended last week.  

We do that, too. I just barely missed the playoffs on a tiebreaker, but I did win a handle of Fireball on a wk 16 side bet with a good friend of mine. 

• 6 months later...