Jump to content
ChickenSandwich

2018 Fuck FFB - start/sit/waivers/FA/?s

Recommended Posts

I’m ready.  Someone start a 2019 thread? 

I’m also looking to join onto one new league this year, PM me if you have an opening. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone studied up at this point? What kind of WR/TE and RBs you all have as sleepers or over performers? I kind of like Miles Sanders. I think Derrick Henry will have a good year but my league is PPR and he's not that type of back. I'm keeping Bell. McCaffery is the best player on the auction board (guy had Saquon and McCaffery and can only keep one and McC would cost him $5 more in auction dollars). Do I sell out and go balls out for CMac? I don't like this.

 

https://www.fantasypros.com/nfl/news/223584/panthers-to-delegate-some-christian-mccaffreys-goal-line-work.php

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm really confused this year. I think I might go balls out for Conner this year. The guy who had him last year could keep him for $35 (out of $200) or Zeke for $45 (/$200). I think he keeps Zeke. I like Conner. 

What QB do you target if scoring system is 7 pts/PaTD and 10 pts/RuTD? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I am looking at some more shit. I should be working. I am keeping Le'Veon. I am thinking I'm going to go balls out for another RB1, a WR1 and a WR2 and let the chips fall where they may in regards to the rest. We start QB, RB, RB, WR-TE, WR-TE, WR-TE, K, D and have 7 bench slots for any position. Have to bid $1 minimum. It is PPR and 10 pt RuRe TD and 7 pt Pa TD. Bell will cost me $40/$200. 

So basically if I go balls out and spend $60 on a Conner or a C Mac, I have (200-40-60-13) $87 for 2 WRs. I'm thinking a couple of guys like Tyreek HIll and Diggs could fit the bill. Fill in WR3 for $1. If I have to go $1 on QB so be it. 

I think I want one of these 3 as my other RB - Conner, C Mac (probably not realistic) or Dalvin Cook. I think he stays healthy and breaks out this year and should catch a lot of balls. If I puss out and fail on those 3, I would take James White as he should catch 90 balls. He will cost a LOT less. Maybe 35. 

Edited by Baboontyme

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I get 5 keepers. My locks are

Wr Adams 

Wr Odell 

Wr Julio

Pick 2 of the next group

Qb Mahomes

Rb Fournette

TEKittle

WR Edleman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

3 Time returning Champions Gentleman Broncos have the 6th pick this year and it looks like it’s L Bell or any WR. Picks 1-5 project to be all RB.

You cant win with your first pick but you can lose. Bell helped many owners last season accomplish just that. What would you do?   

12 team snake. No keepers. .5 PPR

Edited by ChickenSandwich

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, ChickenSandwich said:

3 Time returning Champions Gentleman Broncos have the 6th pick this year and it looks like it’s L Bell or any WR. Picks 1-5 project to be all RB.

You cant win with your first pick but you can lose. Bell helped many owners last season accomplish just that. What would you do?   

12 team snake. No keepers. .5 PPR

If picks 1-5 are all RB's,  I would go WR and take Hopkins.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/13/2019 at 9:53 PM, Baboontyme said:

I'm really confused this year. I think I might go balls out for Conner this year. The guy who had him last year could keep him for $35 (out of $200) or Zeke for $45 (/$200). I think he keeps Zeke. I like Conner. 

What QB do you target if scoring system is 7 pts/PaTD and 10 pts/RuTD? 

Have you ever looked into those mobile draft apps? I've been using the Football Guys one the last few years.  You can plug in customized scoring settings and get adjusted rankings. Been helpful for me because I play in 0.5 PPR leagues.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah I buy Draft Buddy, which is an Excel sheet. Plug in the keepers and values, salary cap, etc. With the auction though I still need to have a few guys at each position (RB2, WRTE1, WRTE2, QB) to target going in. Here is the top 80 and their values according to our $200 cap (these values never hold true, the auction is wild). Players I anticipate being kept are greyed out. 

 

1 RB Saquon Barkley NYG 11 412.2 292.1  $ 76
2 RB Alvin Kamara NO 9 393.5 273.4  $ 71
3 RB Christian McCaffrey CAR 7 380.6 260.5  $ 67
4 RB Ezekiel Elliott DAL 8 341.6 221.5  $ 58
5 WR DeAndre Hopkins HOU 10 376.6 208.7  $ 54
6 RB James Conner PIT 7 315.0 194.9  $ 50
7 WR Julio Jones ATL 9 360.0 192.1  $ 50
8 WR Davante Adams GB 11 359.1 191.2  $ 50
9 RB David Johnson ARI 12 308.7 188.6  $ 49
10 RB Le'Veon Bell NYJ 4 302.9 182.8  $ 47
11 RB Dalvin Cook MIN 12 294.5 174.4  $ 45
12 WR JuJu Smith-Schuster PIT 7 339.9 172.0  $ 45
13 WR Michael Thomas NO 9 338.8 170.9  $ 45
14 RB Todd Gurley LAR 9 292.2 172.1  $ 45
15 WR Tyreek Hill KC 12 322.2 154.3  $ 41
16 RB Damien Williams KC 12 274.1 154.0  $ 40
17 RB Nick Chubb CLE 7 272.3 152.2  $ 40
18 RB Kerryon Johnson DET 5 269.5 149.4  $ 39
19 RB Joe Mixon CIN 9 268.1 148.0  $ 39
20 RB Melvin Gordon LAC 12 265.0 144.9  $ 38
21 RB James White NE 10 262.6 142.5  $ 37
22 QB Patrick Mahomes KC 12 766.5 140.9  $ 37
23 WR Travis Kelce KC 12 302.8 134.9  $ 35
24 WR Odell Beckham Jr. CLE 7 290.2 122.3  $ 33
25 WR George Kittle SF 4 292.5 124.6  $ 32
26 WR Mike Evans TB 7 292.0 124.1  $ 32
27 RB Leonard Fournette JAC 10 244.1 124.0  $ 32
28 RB Devonta Freeman ATL 9 243.6 123.5  $ 32
29 RB Mark Ingram BAL 8 238.2 118.1  $ 30
30 RB Aaron Jones GB 11 236.2 116.1  $ 30
31 WR Antonio Brown OAK 6 281.5 113.6  $ 30
32 RB Chris Carson SEA 11 233.5 113.4  $ 29
33 RB Marlon Mack IND 6 233.1 113.0  $ 29
34 WR Keenan Allen LAC 12 278.5 110.6  $ 29
35 WR Adam Thielen MIN 12 276.9 109.0  $ 29
36 RB Derrick Henry TEN 11 231.1 111.0  $ 29
37 RB Phillip Lindsay DEN 10 230.1 110.0  $ 28
38 WR Julian Edelman NE 10 271.8 103.9  $ 28
39 RB Josh Jacobs ® OAK 6 214.3 94.2  $ 25
40 WR Amari Cooper DAL 8 259.9 92.0  $ 25
41 WR Stefon Diggs MIN 12 259.6 91.7  $ 25
42 RB Kenyan Drake MIA 5 211.5 91.4  $ 24
43 RB David Montgomery ® CHI 6 210.1 90.0  $ 24
44 WR Robert Woods LAR 9 250.2 82.3  $ 23
45 RB Tarik Cohen CHI 6 205.4 85.3  $ 22
46 WR Tyler Lockett SEA 11 249.9 82.0  $ 22
47 WR T.Y. Hilton IND 6 248.9 81.0  $ 22
48 WR Zach Ertz PHI 10 245.7 77.8  $ 22
49 WR Kenny Golladay DET 5 253.8 85.9  $ 21
50 RB Lamar Miller HOU 10 193.3 73.2  $ 19
51 QB Aaron Rodgers GB 11 694.6 69.0  $ 17
52 WR Tyler Boyd CIN 9 228.5 60.6  $ 16
53 RB Austin Ekeler LAC 12 181.2 61.1  $ 15
54 WR Brandin Cooks LAR 9 226.6 58.7  $ 15
55 RB Tevin Coleman SF 4 180.6 60.5  $ 15
56 WR Chris Godwin TB 7 223.5 55.6  $ 15
57 WR Cooper Kupp LAR 9 223.0 55.1  $ 15
58 WR Alshon Jeffery PHI 10 222.7 54.8  $ 14
59 RB Derrius Guice WAS 10 176.4 56.3  $ 14
60 RB LeSean McCoy BUF 6 176.2 56.1  $ 14
61 QB Matt Ryan ATL 9 681.7 56.1  $ 14
62 QB Andrew Luck IND 6 680.1 54.5  $ 14
63 QB Deshaun Watson HOU 10 678.2 52.6  $ 13
64 RB Rashaad Penny SEA 11 171.6 51.5  $ 13
65 WR D.J. Moore CAR 7 216.4 48.5  $ 13
66 RB Nyheim Hines IND 6 170.3 50.2  $ 13
67 RB Jalen Richard OAK 6 170.0 49.9  $ 13
68 RB Sony Michel NE 10 169.3 49.2  $ 13
69 WR Robby Anderson NYJ 4 214.2 46.3  $ 12
70 RB Miles Sanders ® PHI 10 168.2 48.1  $ 12
71 WR A.J. Green CIN 9 207.6 39.7  $ 11
72 QB Drew Brees NO 9 668.2 42.6  $ 11
73 RB Dion Lewis TEN 11 162.3 42.2  $ 11
74 WR Mike Williams LAC 12 210.2 42.3  $ 11
75 WR Allen Robinson CHI 6 207.6 39.7  $ 11
76 RB Latavius Murray NO 9 161.1 41.0  $ 11
77 WR Sammy Watkins KC 12 206.3 38.4  $ 10
78 WR O.J. Howard TB 7 205.5 37.6  $ 10
79 WR Evan Engram NYG 11 204.5 36.6  $ 10
80 QB Jared Goff LAR 9 663.6 38.0  $ 10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m going into my keeper league with McCaffrey, zeke, Mixon with my first 3 picks then one of Cooper in the 4th, Luck in the 8th or Ekeler in the 17th. You can keep a guy in the round you drafted them for one year then your first (up to 4) for the next you year’s. You can only keep someone for 3 years so I have to trade 2/3 of the RBs by the trade deadline or they go back into the draft at the end of the year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Baboontyme said:

Yeah I buy Draft Buddy, which is an Excel sheet. Plug in the keepers and values, salary cap, etc. With the auction though I still need to have a few guys at each position (RB2, WRTE1, WRTE2, QB) to target going in. Here is the top 80 and their values according to our $200 cap (these values never hold true, the auction is wild). Players I anticipate being kept are greyed out. 

 

1 RB Saquon Barkley NYG 11 412.2 292.1  $ 76
2 RB Alvin Kamara NO 9 393.5 273.4  $ 71
3 RB Christian McCaffrey CAR 7 380.6 260.5  $ 67
4 RB Ezekiel Elliott DAL 8 341.6 221.5  $ 58
5 WR DeAndre Hopkins HOU 10 376.6 208.7  $ 54
6 RB James Conner PIT 7 315.0 194.9  $ 50
7 WR Julio Jones ATL 9 360.0 192.1  $ 50
8 WR Davante Adams GB 11 359.1 191.2  $ 50
9 RB David Johnson ARI 12 308.7 188.6  $ 49
10 RB Le'Veon Bell NYJ 4 302.9 182.8  $ 47
11 RB Dalvin Cook MIN 12 294.5 174.4  $ 45
12 WR JuJu Smith-Schuster PIT 7 339.9 172.0  $ 45
13 WR Michael Thomas NO 9 338.8 170.9  $ 45
14 RB Todd Gurley LAR 9 292.2 172.1  $ 45
15 WR Tyreek Hill KC 12 322.2 154.3  $ 41
16 RB Damien Williams KC 12 274.1 154.0  $ 40
17 RB Nick Chubb CLE 7 272.3 152.2  $ 40
18 RB Kerryon Johnson DET 5 269.5 149.4  $ 39
19 RB Joe Mixon CIN 9 268.1 148.0  $ 39
20 RB Melvin Gordon LAC 12 265.0 144.9  $ 38
21 RB James White NE 10 262.6 142.5  $ 37
22 QB Patrick Mahomes KC 12 766.5 140.9  $ 37
23 WR Travis Kelce KC 12 302.8 134.9  $ 35
24 WR Odell Beckham Jr. CLE 7 290.2 122.3  $ 33
25 WR George Kittle SF 4 292.5 124.6  $ 32
26 WR Mike Evans TB 7 292.0 124.1  $ 32
27 RB Leonard Fournette JAC 10 244.1 124.0  $ 32
28 RB Devonta Freeman ATL 9 243.6 123.5  $ 32
29 RB Mark Ingram BAL 8 238.2 118.1  $ 30
30 RB Aaron Jones GB 11 236.2 116.1  $ 30
31 WR Antonio Brown OAK 6 281.5 113.6  $ 30
32 RB Chris Carson SEA 11 233.5 113.4  $ 29
33 RB Marlon Mack IND 6 233.1 113.0  $ 29
34 WR Keenan Allen LAC 12 278.5 110.6  $ 29
35 WR Adam Thielen MIN 12 276.9 109.0  $ 29
36 RB Derrick Henry TEN 11 231.1 111.0  $ 29
37 RB Phillip Lindsay DEN 10 230.1 110.0  $ 28
38 WR Julian Edelman NE 10 271.8 103.9  $ 28
39 RB Josh Jacobs ® OAK 6 214.3 94.2  $ 25
40 WR Amari Cooper DAL 8 259.9 92.0  $ 25
41 WR Stefon Diggs MIN 12 259.6 91.7  $ 25
42 RB Kenyan Drake MIA 5 211.5 91.4  $ 24
43 RB David Montgomery ® CHI 6 210.1 90.0  $ 24
44 WR Robert Woods LAR 9 250.2 82.3  $ 23
45 RB Tarik Cohen CHI 6 205.4 85.3  $ 22
46 WR Tyler Lockett SEA 11 249.9 82.0  $ 22
47 WR T.Y. Hilton IND 6 248.9 81.0  $ 22
48 WR Zach Ertz PHI 10 245.7 77.8  $ 22
49 WR Kenny Golladay DET 5 253.8 85.9  $ 21
50 RB Lamar Miller HOU 10 193.3 73.2  $ 19
51 QB Aaron Rodgers GB 11 694.6 69.0  $ 17
52 WR Tyler Boyd CIN 9 228.5 60.6  $ 16
53 RB Austin Ekeler LAC 12 181.2 61.1  $ 15
54 WR Brandin Cooks LAR 9 226.6 58.7  $ 15
55 RB Tevin Coleman SF 4 180.6 60.5  $ 15
56 WR Chris Godwin TB 7 223.5 55.6  $ 15
57 WR Cooper Kupp LAR 9 223.0 55.1  $ 15
58 WR Alshon Jeffery PHI 10 222.7 54.8  $ 14
59 RB Derrius Guice WAS 10 176.4 56.3  $ 14
60 RB LeSean McCoy BUF 6 176.2 56.1  $ 14
61 QB Matt Ryan ATL 9 681.7 56.1  $ 14
62 QB Andrew Luck IND 6 680.1 54.5  $ 14
63 QB Deshaun Watson HOU 10 678.2 52.6  $ 13
64 RB Rashaad Penny SEA 11 171.6 51.5  $ 13
65 WR D.J. Moore CAR 7 216.4 48.5  $ 13
66 RB Nyheim Hines IND 6 170.3 50.2  $ 13
67 RB Jalen Richard OAK 6 170.0 49.9  $ 13
68 RB Sony Michel NE 10 169.3 49.2  $ 13
69 WR Robby Anderson NYJ 4 214.2 46.3  $ 12
70 RB Miles Sanders ® PHI 10 168.2 48.1  $ 12
71 WR A.J. Green CIN 9 207.6 39.7  $ 11
72 QB Drew Brees NO 9 668.2 42.6  $ 11
73 RB Dion Lewis TEN 11 162.3 42.2  $ 11
74 WR Mike Williams LAC 12 210.2 42.3  $ 11
75 WR Allen Robinson CHI 6 207.6 39.7  $ 11
76 RB Latavius Murray NO 9 161.1 41.0  $ 11
77 WR Sammy Watkins KC 12 206.3 38.4  $ 10
78 WR O.J. Howard TB 7 205.5 37.6  $ 10
79 WR Evan Engram NYG 11 204.5 36.6  $ 10
80 QB Jared Goff LAR 9 663.6 38.0  $ 10

Quick glance over that list I like Godwin more than I like the other guys in his price range. And Hilton a lot more than the guys in his range. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With a caveat on Hilton that Luck’s injury doesn’t cause him to miss time. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I do like Chris Godwin, but I in my selfish approach to my auction draft, I think I have to look for deeper sleepers. I think I'm going to aim a bit higher for my WRTE1 and 2 and go full on $1 deep sleeper for 3 and my bench. As well as my RB bench. I may wind up with a few stray dollars to go above $1 but I gotta plan for the worst. 

Christian Kirk?

Tyrell Williams?

Miles Sanders? 

Are these guys even deep sleepers?

Keke Coutee?

James Washington, Michael Gallup, Sterling Shepard, N'Keal Harry, Tre'Quan Smith, OJ Howard...???

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I have Cooper on my team heading into the draft and an opportunity to trade him for Hilton. Not sure if I want to pull the trigger. Cooper’s plantar fasciitis and Lucks injury have me worried on both sides. 

Id be using my 4th round pick to keep either. 

Edited by heso

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I don't have much on a lot of those guys. Fill me in. I know outlook on Shepard, Howard, Carson, Bell, Watson. Those guys are all somewhat on my radar. Also Miller because I had that turd on my team the last 2 years. Tell me how you guys feel about Hilton? Breida? Pettis? Samuels? 

I was doing some reading this morning on my $1 sleepers. I found someone. Preston Williams, WR Miami. My list thus far is: Preston Williams, Keke Coutee, James Washington, Jared Cook, Miles Sanders (no way he goes for $1 but I can hope)

Edited by Baboontyme

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Baboontyme said:

I don't have much on a lot of those guys. Fill me in. I know outlook on Shepard, Howard, Carson, Bell, Watson. Those guys are all somewhat on my radar. Also Miller because I had that turd on my team the last 2 years. Tell me how you guys feel about Hilton? Breida? Pettis? Samuels? 

I was doing some reading this morning on my $1 sleepers. I found someone. Preston Williams, WR Miami. My list thus far is: Preston Williams, Keke Coutee, James Washington, Jared Cook, Miles Sanders (no way he goes for $1 but I can hope)

My thinking:

Breida: efficient, and also the fastest ball carrier in the NFL. Now that McKinnon is likely out I feel like he has a good opportunity to get good touches with a favorable schedule 

pettis: came on strong at the end of last year, has a favorable schedule and a returning QB with improved chemistry 

samules: a solid runner who looks be be in the mix. Steelers have said that they plan to spread out the carries some even when Connor is healthy although Snell looks to be the primary backup

Hilton: has more help now but will also have to now compete for touches. But, he has a good connection with Luck

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ended up making a trade to keep Hilton over Cooper. Just felt like the floor was a bit higher with Hilton than the peaks and valleys of Cooper. 

Heading into the draft with keepers of McCaffrey, zeke, Mixon, and Hilton for my 1st thru 4th picks. Feeling pretty good about that. There is a lot of talent available that wasn’t kept but it doesn’t look like anyone will be able to match up with my top end. As long as zeke plays. But I’m going to be picking at scraps by the time it gets to my first pick near the end of the 5th round. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here’s my take on the draft this year.

QB is super deep, deeper than I’ve ever seen the position in about 12 years of playing FFB. You can be the last person to pick your QB and be just fine. I’m likely not drafting QB until round 10 or later (I’m in 10 team leagues). QBs I’m likely targeting in that range are Goff/Cam/Jameis/Ben. Planning to pair one of those guys with a late round high upside dart throw, maybe Lamar Jackson.

RB is the opposite, super thin. I’m planning to hammer RB in the early rounds. Will probably spend 4 of my first 8 picks on RB. Some RBs I’m high on this season compared to ADP are Cook/Chubb/Kerryon/Freeman/Carson/Ingram/James White/Ekeler. RB kind of falls off a cliff after the top 36 guys or so are off the board so I probably won’t be spending many later round picks on RB and instead will use those on high upside WRs.

WR is deep. Lots of late round options with high upside. Mid to later round WR I like are Mike Williams/Dede Westbrook/Sterling Shepard/Curtis Samuel/Desean Jackson/Jamison Crowder/Anthony Miller/Donte Moncrief.

I’m not spending a high pick on TE but want to grab one of the top 9 or so. I’ll probably target TE in rounds 6-8. TEs I like in that range are OJ Howard/Jared Cook/Vance McDonald.

As always everything is subject to change based on how the draft goes and what guys are falling down the board.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ended up making a trade to keep Hilton over Cooper. Just felt like the floor was a bit higher with Hilton than the peaks and valleys of Cooper. 

Heading into the draft with keepers of McCaffrey, zeke, Mixon, and Hilton for my 1st thru 4th picks. Feeling pretty good about that. There is a lot of talent available that wasn’t kept but it doesn’t look like anyone will be able to match up with my top end. As long as zeke plays. But I’m going to be picking at scraps by the time it gets to my first pick near the end of the 5th round. 

Hilton is also a boom or bust type player and I’m not targeting any Colts WRs until I have more info on this sketchy Andrew Luck “lower leg injury”.

 

Those are sick keepers tho assuming Zeke signs which I think he will.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, elguapo said:

Hilton is also a boom or bust type player and I’m not targeting any Colts WRs until I have more info on this sketchy Andrew Luck “lower leg injury”.

 

Those are sick keepers tho assuming Zeke signs which I think he will.

I was really torn on whether or not to make that move. I went back and forth on it and basically it came down to Cooper’s heel/ankle/plantar fasciitis scaring me just slightly more than Luck’s ankle. If Luck misses time with his ankle Hilton still plays. If Cooper misses any games it’s a 0. I’m still not sure if I made the right call but I felt a little safer with Hilton. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




Football ... Basketball ... Baseball ... Other Sports ... Recruiting ... Gambling ... Movies & TV ... Music ... Hobbies ... Lulz ... Food & Travel ... Daily Texan ... Help ... For Sale ... Politics ... Board Discussion
×
×
  • Create New...