2018 Fuck FFB - start/sit/waivers/FA/?s

ChickenSandwich

12 team, PPR

RB stable: McCaffrey, Ingram, Royce Freeman, Javorius Allen, Gio Bernard

Passed waivers and immediately available(WTF??? but I wasn't really in the market:)  Kerryon Johnson

Would you pick him up, and if so, who would you drop from current RBs?  We must start 1RB, and can use another as FLEX.

15 minutes ago, slorch said:

12 team, PPR

RB stable: McCaffrey, Ingram, Royce Freeman, Javorius Allen, Gio Bernard

Passed waivers and immediately available(WTF??? but I wasn't really in the market:)  Kerryon Johnson

Would you pick him up, and if so, who would you drop from current RBs?  We must start 1RB, and can use another as FLEX.

Drop Bernard, add Johnson.  Bernard is out another couple weeks.  Plus you are going to have to count on Mixon getting hurt for Bernard to really have value over Johnson.  IMO, that would give you 3 very solid options (McC, Ingram, Johnson) for RB/Flex.  Freeman and Allen are crapshoots week to week.

On 10/9/2018 at 6:51 PM, spystud13 said:

I have Ben & Goff, in 5 weeks the QB on my bench has outscored my starter 171.1-88.2. That seems poor. So, help me ex-Shag! 

Goff @ Denver or Ben @ Cincy. 

I would say Ben, but it does also seem like it's a 'no lose' situation.

I have the #1 waiver spot right now.  DeSean Jackson is available on waivers, for whatever reason.  Current WRs are AJ Green, Juju, Golladay, MJones Jr, and Sanu.  Is it worth burning the waiver position to pick him up?  Our league is standard and we can play 3 flex, so finding a roster spot each week for several WRs isn't an issue.

1 hour ago, HiggyBaby said:

Kittle or John Brown for Flex? Standard league. People seem high on Kittle week 6.

My gut says Brown.

Then I compared on 4 different sites and Brown was projected/ rated ahead on all of them ranging from slightly above to about 20% higher in projected points.

You know what that means, right?  LOL.

18 hours ago, CBT said:

Luck (@NYJ) or Winston (@ATL)

Pick one:

Josh Gordon (KC)

Emmanuel Sanders (LAR)

Amari Cooper (SEA)

Larry Fitzgerald (@MIN)

Winston, but really see this one as a toss-up.

Sanders for the WR/Flex.

On 10/12/2018 at 6:36 AM, Redneck Mutha said:

Drop Bernard, add Johnson.  Bernard is out another couple weeks.  Plus you are going to have to count on Mixon getting hurt for Bernard to really have value over Johnson.  IMO, that would give you 3 very solid options (McC, Ingram, Johnson) for RB/Flex.  Freeman and Allen are crapshoots week to week.

True confession:  i made my move before I posted the question.  I was just looking for affirmation/ sanity check.

I did what you described for the same reason you wrote.  If Gio Bernard were not injured right now, I'd be trying to sell high on his inflated 'average points'  As it were, I felt Kerryon Johnson's value was high enough to just straight up do an add/ drop.  The only reason I had second thoughts is that Mixon is NOT likely to stay healthy, given his past... and the Bengals seem to utilize Bernard very well.

Edited by slorch

Winston, with lower floor/ higher ceiling(both  defenses generally suck, and he has weapons, but will he fuck it up?)

McDonald, but both of these guys are wildly inconsistent.

Drake, Godwin, Davis.  A couple sites had Godwin projected above Drake and two others had him significantly below.  Davis was consistently third.  Drake seems to be safer start, with Godwin being more of a wildcard, depending on your lineup situation.

Edited by slorch

18 minutes ago, Stunns38 said:

PPR league.

Flex position including TE.

TE Ebron vs. Jets or WR Gordon vs. KC?

Thanks.

Ebron.

I compared them on multiple sites and it ranges from very close, to Ebron being significantly above Gordon on at least two of them.

On 10/10/2018 at 8:35 PM, Redneck Mutha said:

Rodgers.  SF pass defense Rodgers is facing isn't any better than the ATL pass defense.  Plus, even though GB receiving corps is hurting and Rodgers hasn't had the best start, I trust him over Winston starting his 1st game.  

Maybe not the best advice...

Full disclosure, I started Winston in one of my leagues over Big Ben and benched Winston in favor of Mahomes in another league.  

My first loss too...unless Devante Adams scores 4 TDs...lol

Losing to worst team in league with my lowest total of season.  I earned it. 

Edited by slorch

6 hours ago, spystud13 said:

Nyheim Hines was on all the must add/start lists this week... 0 touches in first half. 

Hines is borderline worthless with Marlon Mack returning.

Sucks, he had a string of a few weeks of 15+ ppg. 

Anyone cashing in on Austin Hooper?

Edited by MNLonghornFUKM

Yesterday started off really slow and really bad. Diggs caught next to nothing and Alex Smith cannot connect with Jordan Reed to save his life.  Then then first half of last night's game happened, and I thought I was done for.

It got better:

QB Patrick Mahomes, KC QBnews_breaking.png
@NE
L 40-43   23/36 352 4 2   2 9 0   0 0 0 0   0 0 0   42
RB Todd Gurley II, LAR RBnews_breaking.png W 23-20   0/0 0 0 0   28 208 2   2 17 0 5   0 0 0   34
RB Kareem Hunt, KC RBnews_breaking.png
@NE
L 40-43   0/0 0 0 0   10 80 0   5 105 1 6   0 0 0   31.5
WR Keenan Allen, LAC WRnews_breaking.png W 38-14   0/0 0 0 0   4 41 0   4 62 0 6   0 0 0   12
WR Tyreek Hill, KC WRnews_breaking.png
@NE
L 40-43   0/0 0 0 0   1 0 0   7 142 3 12   0 0 0   40.5
TE Jordan Reed, Wsh TEnews_breaking.png
Car
W 23-17   0/0 0 0 0   0 0 0   5 36 0 9   0 0 0   5.5
FLEX Stefon Diggs, Min WRnews_breaking.png
Ari
W 27-17   0/0 0 0 0   1 9 0   3 33 0 5   0 0 0   4.5
STARTERS: KICKERS WK 6   KICKING   TOTAL
SLOT PLAYER, TEAM POS OPP STATUS ET   1-39 40-49 50+ TOT XP   PTS
K Matt Bryant, Atl K  Qnews_breaking.png
TB
W 34-29   0/0 1/1 1/1 2/2 4/4   13
STARTERS: TEAM D/ST WK 6   TEAM DEFENSE / SPECIAL TEAMS   TOTAL
SLOT PLAYER, TEAM POS OPP STATUS ET   TD INT FR SCK SFTY BLK PA   PTS
D/ST Cowboys D/ST D/ST
Jax
W 40-7   0 1 1 3 0 0 7   12

5 minutes ago, slorch said:

Gurley, Hunt, Diggs, Tyreek, and Allen?

4 team league?

8 team league.

I had the #1 draft pick.  Took Gurley #1, and then waited around for my two back-to-back at the end of the 2nd and start of the 3rd rounds.  Took Hunt & Diggs with those two picks.  Got Hill and Allen at end of 4th and start of 5th rounds.  Guys in my league weren't sold on the KC skill players with a new, young QB.  I took advantage of it.

Edited by Uncle Nate

8 team league.
I had the #1 draft pick.  Took Gurley #1, and then waited around for my two back-to-back at the end of the 2nd and start of the 3rd rounds.  Took Hunt & Diggs with those two picks.  Got Hill and Allen at end of 4th and start of 5th rounds.  Guys in my league weren't sold on the KC skill players with a new, young QB.  I took advantage of it.
That was my mistake as well, duh, its Andy Reid's team. You could take the Bills' starters, plug them in, and they'd at least hold their own.