Hey Oil Barons.......

936horn

I’m week to week right now. My boss is working on getting me to part time, at 24 hours a week, but even that is an issue right now. My saving grace is that no one wants to do my job, it takes 6 - 8 months to get decent at it and I’m the SME for North America. You’d think I’d be safe, but I’m betting on a month leave of absence.

I hadn't really worked on anything billable since I had 2 straight opinions cancelled in late March/early April. Fortunately, all the work I did in March got paid at end of April and then my firm got PPP money to pay us in May and June. Finally picked up a new project on Monday that should keep me busy for maybe a month or so. Feels good man.

16 hours ago, Dr. Beeper said:

PDP only. At today’s prices paying PV20, if you trust the engineer that evaluated for me. Which I do, because the guy can ruin some shit. 

I don’t follow. Maybe you meant if I’m scared there’s not enough meat on the bone?

Getting PDP at PV20 in this price environment is obviously a no-brainer. Nice find. 

37 minutes ago, The Royal We said:

Damn.  Are there enough DUCs out there to turn this around anywhere near as quickly as it did in '17 or '19?

I think the bigger problem is frac crews. There is a large inventory of DUCs and it's going to take a while, with the amount of crews still intact, to get to them.  So doubt it will turn around as fast.

Rig count drops yet another 13. Down to 266. Turns out the bottom is lower than I expected. Where it stops, nobody knows. 250?

US daily production is already down a whopping 2.6M barrels/day since the week ending March 13. 13.1M--->10.5M. We're back to March 2018 production levels.

Edited by Storm the Field

11 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

You don’t have enough spin on your curveball to ask for that much sign on bonus.  Pace yourself and be happy with $50k.

You’d be surprised. My resume and experience speak for itself. I’m targeting 3 companies and I’m known within all 3 for the right reasons 

13 minutes ago, HouTex said:

At some point in 7 years it will be $140. In that same time it may also be $30. Markets.

I’m going to take credit for a lot of this bounce in oil prices because it’s pretty much gone up four out of every five days since I bought the inverse leveraged oil ETF back when oil was breaking through $20.  Considering that position is, well it was, about 1% the size of my oil stocks at the time I’m willing to let it go to zero if my stocks keep going up.  It’s about 0.3% of my oil stocks as of today and I don’t  care.  Make bank, get ass.

• Like 1

Total shot in the dark, but I'm looking for dry gas wells if anyone knows of anything.  Preferably Midland Basin, but Eastern Shelf and Central Basin Platform work too.  Trying to stay away from the Delaware for now and New Mexico can go fuck itself.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by BTW

On 6/28/2020 at 5:22 PM, longhornmatt said:

Chesapeake should have been done 6 or 7 years ago.   In fact, there should probably be a new chapter in the bankruptcy code just for them and their creditors where the statute simply says, “Why the fuck did you lend them money?  Everyone just go away.”

I was listening to somebody on CNBC today talking about CHK's finances after Aubrey left. Supposedly the company was netjets #1 customer in the world, they were the NBA's largest season ticket holder and there was a secret door somewhere on their sprawling campus that led to a massive wine cellar that had a massive wine collection, all paid for with shareholder's money. No doubt a decade of low nat gas prices crushed them, but Aubrey didn't do them any favors with his spending. 

1 hour ago, Eastwood said:

Last I saw CHK's assets being valued, it was shown at $9 billion and that was early this year before the shit hit the fan. Hard to see how that number could almost double between now and then.

Yeah, 9 Billion was generous before crash. 

On 6/28/2020 at 6:13 PM, Neonmoon said:

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f299e71fed4a6aeed11ca

Occidental Petroleum is warning investors that it expects to reduce the value of its assets by $6 billion to $9 billion in the second quarter after crude prices sank to historic lows during the past six months. Oxy wrote down $580 million on its oil-related assets and lost $2.2 billion in the first quarter, so the company's warning could foreshadow horrendous second quarter results when the company releases its earnings report July 29.

I know I have mentioned Sanchez Energy on here before, I got this notification.

June 30 (Reuters) - Sanchez Energy Corp ( SNECQ 😞

* SANCHEZ ENERGY SUCCESSFULLY COMPLETES FINANCIAL RESTRUCTURING; EMERGES AS MESQUITE ENERGY, INC.

* COMPANY ELIMINATED SUBSTANTIALLY ALL OF DEBT FROM ITS BALANCE SHEET, WHICH TOTALED APPROXIMATELY $2.3 BILLION

* CAMERON GEORGE WILL SERVE AS INTERIM CEO, EXECUTIVE VICE PRESIDENT AND CFO OF MESQUITE ENERGY Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage:

What are your thoughts? They were able to shed all of their debt and restructure under a new name. Stock is up like 20% over the past couple days. What typical happens in these kind of situations for the stock to continue to rise? Acquire wells? Contracts? 

On 6/30/2020 at 7:01 PM, Neonmoon said:

Ha CHK still gonna CHK

“The company said in its bankruptcy petition that it has $16.2 billion in assets and $11.8 billion in debt.”

16.2 Billion in assets? 

The bankruptcy court is about to get a spiel on net effective acreage from CHK landmen. 

• Haha 1

Another small handful of rigs dropped this week. That's the 18th straight weekly drop, though the rate of decline has slowed to a crawl. Just 8 rigs over the past 3 reports. So much fat trimmed that there's really nothing but bone to cut at this point. 

Various milestones to compare against the current active rig count of 258:

146 less than the previous all-time low heading into June 2016 (404). 

534 less than the beginning of COVID shutdowns in mid-March (792).

700 less than the same week last year (958).

https://www.cnet.com/news/the-roughneck-us-cowboys-who-drilled-britains-secret-wwii-oil-wells/

Above is a lengthy, but interesting article when the oil barons have time to read.

Wars aren't fought only on battlefields. Here's the little-known story of the gang of Americans who searched for black gold in the heart of besieged Britain.

• Like 1