Hey Oil Barons.......

936horn

The spread between Bakken crude and WTI has been running about $10/bbl for the past few years. Mostly because of higher transportation costs. Last month’s royalty check from Continental Resources reflected a sales price average of about $37/barrel. 
And without an efficient pipeline for transportation purposes, midstream goes up in cost.

So, back to rail for the main transportation. Some guy who owns a bunch of railroads and trains that transport this will benefit big time. Weird how under 8 hours the pipeline lost their permits. We know who daddy is.
  • Hook 'Em 1

11 hours ago, markstanco said:

And without an efficient pipeline for transportation purposes, midstream goes up in cost.

So, back to rail for the main transportation. Some guy who owns a bunch of railroads and trains that transport this will benefit big time. Weird how under 8 hours the pipeline lost their permits. We know who daddy is.

Back to rail?  This implies that KXL was already running and is being shut down, which is obviously not the case.

If the Dakota Access Pipeline is shutdown that will definitely force more crude to be moved by rail, which I completely agree is bad all around - it's not as safe as pipeline transport, costs more, and is less efficient.  I think the DAPL was ordered to be shutdown by a federal judge last summer but was overturned on appeal.

Again, at this point, KXL is a political football used to rile people up - seems like it worked on some people.

• Hook 'Em 1

16 hours ago, Chapo said:

Isnt DAPL next on the target list?

I'm not sure. If you've read anything from a reputable source indicating such, please share. DAPL is already in operation, so that would be much more consequential than the Keystone extension permit. But if DAPL were to be shut down, which I doubt will happen via Biden exec order, that would be really bad for us and all Bakken producers and mineral owners. 

• Hook 'Em 1

I do land work in WC in Lea and Eddy, NM, the federal leasing pause is not really that big of a deal in the short term, most of the good acreage has been auctioned in the past few years.  Now, if Biden were to try and ban fracking on leases that have already been given, that would be a huge problem.  That scenario played out in NY a while back and was upheld by the (state) court, I can't imagine the current SCOTUS doing the same.

17 minutes ago, Dr Fear said:

I do land work in WC in Lea and Eddy, NM, the federal leasing pause is not really that big of a deal in the short term, most of the good acreage has been auctioned in the past few years.  Now, if Biden were to try and ban fracking on leases that have already been given, that would be a huge problem.  That scenario played out in NY a while back and was upheld by the (state) court, I can't imagine the current SCOTUS doing the same.

I think everyone is still trying to get their heads wrapped around it but it’s not the pause in drilling permits that worries me it’s the shut down of ROW. 

We’re getting drilling permits 12-18 months in advance so no worries for the next 2 months but a lot of our ROWs are more just in time, both well flow lines and 3rd party takeaway. That’s where I can see a train wreck in the next 6 months, well is drilled and completed but no pipe to take it anywhere. 

Edited by Archer
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Archer said:

I think everyone is still trying to get their heads wrapped around it but it’s not the pause in drilling permits that worries me it’s the shot down of ROW. 

We’re getting drilling permits 12-18 months in advance so no worries for the next 2 months but a lot of our ROWs are more just in time, both well flow lines and 3rd party takeaway. That’s where I can see a train wreck in the next 6 months, well is drilled and completed but no pipe to take it anywhere. 

I don't deal with that stuff, so I hadn't considered the pipe.

1 hour ago, Archer said:

I think everyone is still trying to get their heads wrapped around it but it’s not the pause in drilling permits that worries me it’s the shut down of ROW. 

After reading about 10 articles, talking to people, and then thinking it over, this my concern as well. I asked around at work, and the general consensus was, we planned for all this. Sure, but let's see how it plays in a few months when we need the feds to give us a ROW to use one of their roads. What happens then? 

The drilling permit/lease pause is for 60 days, but I guarantee they're waiting until the Secretary of Interior gets approved to make it more permanent.

2 hours ago, billfromlaketravis said:

The drilling permit/lease pause is for 60 days, but I guarantee they're waiting until the Secretary of Interior gets approved to make it more permanent.

Probably better to go head and get permanent so the lawsuits can start and we can get it settled one way or the other. 

I love the hypocrisy of the state of NM planning to ask for an exception so they can keep drilling fed lands and keep their budget intact. 

6 minutes ago, Archer said:

Probably better to go head and get permanent so the lawsuits can start and we can get it settled one way or the other. 

I love the hypocrisy of the state of NM planning to ask for an exception so they can keep drilling fed lands and keep their budget intact. 

Such a weird state. Bluer than New York, but they know where their bread is buttered. 

Colorado, not so much. 

Oh I very seriously doubt they (libs) have voter remorse. The only people that have remorse are level headed Trump voters. 
They (Biden Admin in this case) is acting exactly like I’d expect them to act. Again the more punitive they are to the industry, the higher energy commodity prices will go. I’m thrilled with that.
They’re fucking idiots. If we could only combine some economic common sense with, you know, not dividing the country for 4 years and inciting an insurrection in a months-long temper tantrum, we might get somewhere. Until then, I’m perfectly content to profit off of buffoonery. 

Is $USO a decent spot to put cash in advance of the price boom?

Oh I very seriously doubt they (libs) have voter remorse. The only people that have remorse are level headed Trump voters. 
They (Biden Admin in this case) is acting exactly like I’d expect them to act. Again the more punitive they are to the industry, the higher energy commodity prices will go. I’m thrilled with that.
They’re fucking idiots. If we could only combine some economic common sense with, you know, not dividing the country for 4 years and inciting an insurrection in a months-long temper tantrum, we might get somewhere. Until then, I’m perfectly content to profit off of buffoonery. 

Not dividing the country? Level headed Trump voters? Fuck you in your treasonous ass.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

28 minutes ago, Gatorubet said:

Not dividing the country? Level headed Trump voters? Fuck you in your treasonous ass.

There’s the unity we all want!.....   Did you not read the part where he disagreed with Trump’s bullshit?  Now go craw back in your CR hole.

Edited by Hook1997
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

41 minutes ago, Gatorubet said:

you are misinterpreting rex's message.  he was saying that he wants biden to allow for trump-esque policy towards industry - but do it without dividing the country for four years like trump did and that said combination would have long-term benefits.  so you flew off the handle unnecessarily there.  also, there are "level-headed" trump voters that exist...that are purely economically driven and believe that they directly benefit from his imposing lower taxes and less regulation, etc... and see him as the useful idiot to enable that benefit.

that said, rex is inconsistent in his messaging. if he is tied to energy then, as he noted, he should be hoping for typical democratic president policies towards o&g as commodity prices tend to rise and o&g is back to strippers and cocaine instead of laying everyone off and mulling about.

• Hook 'Em 4

i am way over-in on midstream.  kmi, et, etc...  i am such a fucking idiot.  need biden to shut down a bunch of interstate lines that other companies own so they can all renegotiate firm reservation charges to the moon gamestop style.

i meant you were inconsistent in your messaging from a personal profiteering basis.  democratic presidents are great for o&g...republican presidents that don't invade the middle east are terrible for o&g. 

3 hours ago, Dr. Beeper said:

I aim to fuck Sienna Miller by 2035. Ain’t gonna happen. GM isn’t gonna get anywhere close to that. They are buttering up to Biden and his admin, who are more moronic than I ever imagined. 

I’d like to pose some general questions about the negative impacts of ramping up lithium production to that level, the nat gas REQUIRED to fuel electric cars, and society’s general understanding of these dynamics. It’s like the whole world is retarded. 

@Neonmoon

I don’t think I can help you fornicate with Sienna Miller by 2035

Are you posing these questions to me?

I disagree GM is doing this for Biden. Politicians change. I don’t think we have the grid infrastructure installed to handle a transition by 2035 but I’m sure it will start to get built. This will only increase demand for nat gas. That’s a good thing. The US has tons of Nat Gas. I don’t get why this is a bad thing? (Don’t know shit about Lithium)

so I heard the XOM projects group thinned out the herd. if so, that sucks because that job market is DEAD
I know Shell has already told their project groups that a purge is coming

I’m officially part time. I have two small projects and a medium one coming at the end of Feb. I don’t know if anything else slated for Q1 or Q2 where I am.