Hey Oil Barons.......

936horn

3 minutes ago, Dr. Beeper said:

Are you a Texas native or Colorado native?  What is your connection to UT?  Honest questions; I want to wrap up this little pissing match. 

Where is your house in Colorado? Can we see you paystubs for your Colorado trips? Can you put a copy of your nursing paycheck on here to confirm? 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Dr. Beeper said:

I’m not complaining. I just think it was ridiculous. Texans were disproportionately affected. Those that have homes in CB have resources, and I applaud them using resources, because it was a total bullshit tactic. 

Are you a Texas native or Colorado native?  What is your connection to UT?  Honest questions; I want to wrap up this little pissing match. 

I'm a CO native, went to college in Texas.  Found shaggy during the Thujone MS Paint Sex thread.  Don't have any connection to UT other than this website.  And I watched Rashaan Salaam rush for 317 on the hottest fucking day I've ever spent in a stadium.

Edited by Chewbacca

17 minutes ago, Dr. Beeper said:

Just now, Dr. Beeper said:

Okay. I don’t care where you’re from or where you went to school.

Confused Always Sunny GIF by It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

• Haha 2

Ha, my point was, I don’t really care about your lack of Texas roots. I was trying to be nice. I just don’t think we will agree on this and that’s just fine. I love your state despite some of the people. The same exact way I feel about Texas. 
I'm married to a Texan, 80% of my company's revenue comes from Texas, and both of my business partners are Texans. I've got deeper Texas roots than you do for CO.

But I'm done with this stupid argument.

I'm a CO native, went to college in Texas.  Found shaggy during the Thujone MS Paint Sex thread.  Don't have any connection to UT other than this website.  And I watched Rashaan Salaam rush for 317 on the hottest fucking day I've ever spent in a stadium.

bf2a172db92244c34d74f184f70d25be.gif
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

Not sure if this is still supposed to be an oil and gas thread or not, but if so, KKR rolling up all their shit into Contango, with Dallas billionaire John Goff pulling the strings. Pretty crazy run for the KKR portcos. 

Talked to a buddy at Spur this morning, they are not part of the deal. 

https://www.reuters.com/business/energy/kkrs-independence-contango-merge-2021-06-08/

• Hook 'Em 1

22 hours ago, Chewbacca said:

doc-holiday-i-hate-him.jpg

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Dr. Beeper said:

Agreed. $100 in ‘21 is a real possibility. 

11 hours ago, Doyle Hargreaves said:

I say less than 25 trading days until $80. 

If filling a bunch of inflatable pools in the back yard with crude is frowned upon by the hoa, what is the next best option to for someone that doesn’t spend a lot of time investing to take advantage of the prices going up?

53 minutes ago, UT_OB1 said:

If filling a bunch of inflatable pools in the back yard with crude is frowned upon by the hoa, what is the next best option to for someone that doesn’t spend a lot of time investing to take advantage of the prices going up?

Im heavily invested in Patterson UTI on the drill side. 
Plus a basket of stocks. Hal, oxy, fang, xon, phillip66, enb 

Enb is the only never sell in my portfolio. Fucking rock solid business and not dependent on WTI. The rest are a roller coaster. You wont be first on but you definitely are still front running a wall of money about to invade the space for one last boom.

The dipshits will tell you Pioneer. Dont be a pussy:) 

9 hours ago, 52-80 said:

PXD, EOG, TOT, CVX XOM (obviously), RIG

or just buy the sector ETFs and own them all

Just spitballing. Saudis earliest impact on price at current production is August. New domestic production is a year. ANWR and other fields have been cut by Administration. Then we got the economy is full blast. Right Now! And will only ramp up. 

bottom line is a shitload of domestic fossil fuel companies are about to make ALL the money. Ive almost decided to double down. If I do it will be in a sector etf.  

• Hook 'Em 2

This guy has been balls-on accurate about the commodity supercycle starting back last summer/fall.  He's also been banging the drum on MRO, EOG, DVN & FANG:

I looked at all of them a few months ago and passed because they were on such a run.  I'm holding XOM and VDE, but wish I'd have plowed into DVN and EOG when I was contemplating it.

I'm with you @Doyle Hargreaves ; thinking about going balls deep into e&p stocks.

• Hook 'Em 2

32 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

There’s probably some meat left on the bone, but going balls deep chasing stocks that have run so much is not prudent.  Last year when oil was never going to get over $35 again for the rest of eternity was the time to go balls deep.

I kick myself every day for not having the balls or the foresight to buy LEAPs  on eog last October. I did manage to scoop up Exxon at 33, yielding 11%. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

I don't know if this the appropriate place to put this, but here goes. 

One of our contractors passed away this weekend. He was only 32. He kept to himself when we got back to the office, but he did show some warning signs. His personality changed, and he his attendance was sporadic. This is a guy that would never be late to a meeting, and he starts no-showing at work. Nobody said anything. If you see something, say something applies in everything, including the health of your employees/contractors. Our entire office is heartbroken. 

Obligatory hug your kids and tell them you love them. If your kids are grown, call them and tell them you love them. 

33 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

I don't know if this the appropriate place to put this, but here goes. 

One of our contractors passed away this weekend. He was only 32. He kept to himself when we got back to the office, but he did show some warning signs. His personality changed, and he his attendance was sporadic. This is a guy that would never be late to a meeting, and he starts no-showing at work. Nobody said anything. If you see something, say something applies in everything, including the health of your employees/contractors. Our entire office is heartbroken. 

Obligatory hug your kids and tell them you love them. If your kids are grown, call them and tell them you love them. 

Sorry to hear that man.  Even as things start looking up (prices, job security, family getting back to normalcy, pandemic winding down, etc.), the pit they were in doesn't just magically fill itself in.  And the accrued darkness can still reach and out and take them down.  Not to use this senseless tragedy (if it was in fact suicide) as a teaching moment, but we all gotta remember as things are getting better that it's not just a spigot that turns back on...a lot of out friends and colleagues in the business (or any industry that got hit hard) aren't gonna all come outta this at the exact same time or in the exact same way.  Shit man....   Sorry again Bill. 

43 minutes ago, Dr. Beeper said:

You’ve blown it before but I fear (actually) we’re hurtling toward $100. Seriously. And I’ve gotta get shit bought before that. 

IMPO the general population pulls head out of collective ass Oct 15th

Oil will be over 100

Avg gallon of gas over 4

Govt juice’d UE is gone

prepare thy anus