Hey Oil Barons.......

936horn

2 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

I have a very good buddy who consults wherever oil is drilled, from the Bakken to Kuwait, and he pulls $2000 per day.  He probably works 200 days or so per year.  I have no idea why he still does it.

Because the money is still green and the 1099s are very rare.

Isn’t GoM kind of dead ?

What is dead can never die!

I’d settle for a 14/14 rotation @ $1500/day consulting on internet memes, fucking off, and tardily responding to action items and emails. For $1750, I’ll switch that tardily to leisurely, and $2000 gets you to promptly.

HMU for my CV and references which are impeccable.
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, jimmyjazz said:

I have a very good buddy who consults wherever oil is drilled, from the Bakken to Kuwait, and he pulls $2000 per day.  He probably works 200 days or so per year.  I have no idea why he still does it.

Easy Money 

On 5/10/2019 at 11:00 AM, Neonmoon said:

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/business/energy/article/Houston-startup-buys-Pioneer-s-Eagle-Ford-assets-13824874.php

With Pioneer being a pure Permian player now and Chevron looking to acquire. It makes sense. 

Pioneer laid off 230 this morning, mostly out of the Las Colinas headquarters. Along with the buyouts they offered last month, they've shed close to 25% of their workforce in the past 6 weeks. 

https://www.dallasnews.com/business/energy/2019/05/21/permian-giant-pioneer-natural-resources-cuts-workforce-25-inmove-slash-overhead

There's definitely something brewing, and I'm starting to hear some scuttlebutt that it's actually not Chevron. 

2 hours ago, Storm the Field said:

Pioneer laid off 230 this morning, mostly out of the Las Colinas headquarters. Along with the buyouts they offered last month, they've shed close to 25% of their workforce in the past 6 weeks. 

https://www.dallasnews.com/business/energy/2019/05/21/permian-giant-pioneer-natural-resources-cuts-workforce-25-inmove-slash-overhead

There's definitely something brewing, and I'm starting to hear some scuttlebutt that it's actually not Chevron. 

Does it rhyme with shasmexxon?

Weeeeeeeee and let the fun begin. Oil company I am at just went through a hostile reorganization. And by hostile I mean one department cannibalizing another and cleaning house. I am contract and while I have not been given any official word, I doubt I will make it another two weeks (they just want me around for the transition of two major capital projects). I was trying to leave anyways, but I hadn’t lined anything up. What a shitshow. The culture at this place sucks and the only thing that was worse was their communication. Bunch of no talent ass clowns. /rant.

Which shit show are you at?

I don’t want to broadcast it just yet. Once I learn my fate and get clear of it I can share. I have done 10 minutes of work this week as everyone is in secret meetings and transition meetings. Put our engineering subcontractors on hold. I don’t think these guys who fought for change know what the asked for.
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Patricio Swayze said:

Weeeeeeeee and let the fun begin. Oil company I am at just went through a hostile reorganization. And by hostile I mean one department cannibalizing another and cleaning house. I am contract and while I have not been given any official word, I doubt I will make it another two weeks (they just want me around for the transition of two major capital projects). I was trying to leave anyways, but I hadn’t lined anything up. What a shitshow. The culture at this place sucks and the only thing that was worse was their communication. Bunch of no talent ass clowns. /rant.

If you are in land in Houston let me know if you get cut loose and need something to do. 

7 minutes ago, Hate said:

Just out of curiosity, what kinds of things need to be done...asking for me.

Run of the mill land work. Mineral title, leasehold title, due diligence, etc. Depends on the day. Shoot me a message if you are looking for work. Not sure I can get you started on day one, but we've been busy enough lately, always looking to expand the network. 

WLL is trading at an implied 13% free cash flow yield and THEY'RE A GROWTH COMPANY.

Just one example of dozens.  E&P stocks are cheap, if you're in the game, buy now.  Balance sheets generally are solid.  Cash will speak for itself.

Run of the mill land work. Mineral title, leasehold title, due diligence, etc. Depends on the day. Shoot me a message if you are looking for work. Not sure I can get you started on day one, but we've been busy enough lately, always looking to expand the network. 

Oh, you mean real oil field work. Damnit.

I am currently rotating to Kazakhstan on 28/28 and I fuckin love it. Holy hell is it ever painful getting anything done over there but fuck it. Like someone said, the money is green. 
I went out to Tengiz a few years ago for an IT deployment. It was ok, but there are definitely better places to travel, but that uplift and hazard pay Sure is nice.

Are you working on the TCO FGP as an expat?

5 hours ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

Crude stockpiles hitting a 2 year high aren't helping matters either.

We’re about to see a wild swing.  The refinery throughput has been particularly odd given the beginning of summer.  I have a feeling we’re going to see some record breaking drawdowns in stock the next few weeks.