HORNS FB INJURIES (2020)

LTtxfan

2 hours ago, BigHorn'13 said:

Like Bonney, he'd probably be better off at safety. The issue there is the talent he would be competing for with reps. It's too early to see a Sterns and Foster backfield, but this would be the game to do it. I really wish Chris Brown could find his way to the field in these situations because the guy's a thumper. 

ETA- That said, they'll probably put Locke there because of seniority.

Could Chris Brown work at LB?  I've heard that he's a thumper but slow (for a DB). Seems like that might translate to becoming a quick linebacker.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Nuge said:

Could Chris Brown work at LB?  I've heard that he's a thumper but slow (for a DB). Seems like that might translate to becoming a quick linebacker.

Idk about slow. He's just not as athletic as his peers. Can't see him at LB because of his size but definitely in the joker role. 

6 hours ago, Digdogger said:

My sources in the program are telling me that Kyle Porter will start at center and safety to cover for the injuries.  He’s also expected to get the most snaps at RB

Thought Porter was calling plays Saturday?? 🤣🙃😳

Edited by LTtxfan
  • Like 1

The problem with heat injuries like the one Hudson suffered is that they become easier to happen again after the first incident. This is why it's imperative to not have them happen in the first place. I'm glad to hear that the Texas training staff and coaches responded appropriately to get him treatment. I hope he makes a full recovery.

7 hours ago, Digdogger said:

My sources in the program are telling me that Kyle Porter will start at center and safety to cover for the injuries.  He’s also expected to get the most snaps at RB

Maybe Porter should be on defense.  He's really good at killing our plays.  

Edited by stork642

2 hours ago, Pescado_Rojo said:
16 hours ago, campcrunk said:

I remember the year Greg Oden came out. There was a ton of talk about who shout be the first pick of the draft between KD or Oden, and I remember one sports writer wrote a piece about Oden being a guaranteed bust. His theory was big guys like Oden who looked

I definitely get what you mean. Kid has looked like he was 35 since he was 17. One of the first things I noticed about him was that the poor kid already had a receding hairline at that age. I really hope we're both wrong, because I still think he's a potential All-American left guard if he develops properly and report indicate that he seems to have the "want to" and a great attitude - although most of those reports are from the $9.95 crew, so who really knows? 

Edited by campcrunk

23 hours ago, PatSolitanojr said:

B Jones out after an uncalled late horse collar 

After missed calls like that, Mensa ought to be all over that fucking  ref's ass. Let him know that we aren't gonna forget their bullshit. Especially if it happens again.

Edited by Irish Wrist Watch

• 1 year later...
So his solution to a dented bumper was to dent it more? 

when someone stole my mongoose, i punched a brick wall... when i smashed my finger with a rubber mallet, it hurt so much i hit it again to see if it would stop... my son broke his arm yesterday... then punched a wall...

Some people react physically before mentally.

if he's punched someone, we'd have heard it from someone...

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Snacks said:

when someone stole my mongoose, i punched a brick wall... when i smashed my finger with a rubber mallet, it hurt so much i hit it again to see if it would stop... my son broke his arm yesterday... then punched a wall...

Your bloodline may have an expiration date.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, LTtxfan said:

Thx for finding this @texifornia

I knew Derrian was gonna have a hell of a time trying to ever play again, but glad to know that he is doing well and having a 2nd surgery to help with no setbacks. 

I didn't know Peter had a heart condition! That's awful! I feel so bad for him! The injury attrition for the 2019 class is just awful.

6 minutes ago, taybo20 said:

I knew Derrian was gonna have a hell of a time trying to ever play again, but glad to know that he is doing well and having a 2nd surgery to help with no setbacks. 

I didn't know Peter had a heart condition! That's awful! I feel so bad for him! The injury attrition for the 2019 class is just awful.

Yeah three pre-existing medical conditions in one class is just brutal. Can't think of another class where that's happened.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DaysOff said:
5 hours ago, Js1 said:
Pretty sure the school can't release those names? 

But they can say who breaks bones and tears acls. Gay. And not the good kind.

Assuming that all that type of stuff is PHI that they sign authorization for release somewhere in the NCAA paperwork due to reporting for rosters and such. Iono though.

When I would get hurt as a kid (sprained wrist for example) my dad would say "let me stomp on your toe with my boot and your wrist will stop hurting"

I can tell it again if you want.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Yeah three pre-existing medical conditions in one class is just brutal. Can't think of another class where that's happened.

Some might say Shepherd being a pussy bitch was also a pre-existing condition (would *not* say this to his face, i may have the same affliction)

Edited by TommyGufano
  • Haha 1

When I would get hurt as a kid (sprained wrist for example) my dad would say "let me stomp on your toe with my boot and your wrist will stop hurting"

I can tell it again if you want.

Mack Brown would tell it again.

Also, anyone buying that shit about Foster is a dumbass.
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, satyanash said:

For what it's worth, people on IT are saying the OrangeBloods mods are insinuating this is a cover story, and that Foster may have hurt his hand in a less harmless way.. 

Punching Anthony Cook in the dick when he said he was quitting?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, satyanash said:

For what it's worth, people on IT are saying the OrangeBloods mods are insinuating this is a cover story, and that Foster may have hurt his hand in a less harmless way.. 

I mean it was about as believable as Kindle “texting and driving” and ramming into an apartment complex at 3am

22 hours ago, Hank_Hill said:

So his solution to a dented bumper was to dent it more? 

His solution was to dent his hand to match the dented bumper.  It’s a Fung Shui, Ying Yang symmetry thing we can’t understand.  We can ask Mrs. Cumsteen about it if we need more info.

I have a mongoose for sale.

On 6/11/2020 at 8:33 PM, satyanash said:

Hmm... Foster broke his hand another way??

Maybe this...

giphy.gif

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

DAMN --Whittington always hurt is getting old...

Found this in Nahlin's write-up (Thx @satyanash )

"While the tight ends struggled to block, they were used extensively in the passing game. Part of the reason for the 12 personnel usage was so many receivers were out - Whittington, edit: Washington not Johnson, Lewis, Black, and Woodard. Epps, Wiley, and Brewer all caught passes. (We don’t think any of the WR issues are of great concern — other than Whittington where concern is the default)"

5 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

DAMN --Whittington always hurt is getting old...

Found this in Nahlin's write-up (Thx @satyanash )

"While the tight ends struggled to block, they were used extensively in the passing game. Part of the reason for the 12 personnel usage was so many receivers were out - Whittington, edit: Washington not Johnson, Lewis, Black, and Woodard. Epps, Wiley, and Brewer all caught passes. (We don’t think any of the WR issues are of great concern — other than Whittington where concern is the default)"

It just might be our reality with him. Was it JGray that could never stay healthy and never delivered on his potential? 

Keep loading that position room and hopefully we won't need him. Bijan and (fuck, what's his name - the QB) need to stay healthy. 

RoJo*

Edited by ztejas

• immamac changed the title to HORNS FB INJURIES (2020)