HORNS FB INJURIES (2020)

LTtxfan

1 hour ago, Lat22 said:

I’ve seen lots of ACLs get up and jog off. You never know. 

Yep.  First time I blew out my knee, it didn't swell and stopped hurting after a couple of hours.  Two days later, I'm walking around perfectly fine.  I'm going to go practice my route running I thought.  Bam.  Knee snapped again and bent the opposite way.  

1 minute ago, VirginiaLonghorn said:

LHN just showed the play JW injured his knee.  Nothing unusual, no contact, just like when Black was tackled by the turf monster.

Regardless, this problem would be solved by white shoes and socks ...

Yeah, but they show grass stains--you know, from real grass, which is the other part of the solution to the problem.

• Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, VirginiaLonghorn said:

LHN just showed the play JW injured his knee.  Nothing unusual, no contact, just like when Black was tackled by the turf monster.

Regardless, this problem would be solved by white shoes and socks ...

Solved by this guy??

Jeff Howe: Cut requiring stitches ends UTEP game for Texas CB Josh Thompson

AUSTIN, Texas — Texas cornerback Josh Thompson suffered a cut in the team’s 59-3 season-opening over UTEP that required stitches, which ended his night in the third quarter. The cut to Thompson’s ear and the need to head to a local hospital for treatment resulted in him being unable to return to the game. “(Thompson) had a pretty nasty laceration on his ear that needed to get stitched up pretty good,” head coach Tom Herman said after the game. “They took him to the hospital, but I would imagine, with stitches in your ear, it shouldn't keep him out very long.”

Prior to the injury, the redshirt junior made a triumphant return to the field after suffering a season-ending foot injury in game No. 3 of the 2019 campaign, going down in a Big 12-opening win over Oklahoma State on Sept. 21. Getting the start at cornerback after winning a hotly-contested camp battle over Jalen Green and Kenyatta Watson II, Thompson finished the game with two tackles, 0.5 tackles for loss and an interception,

Thompson’s first career interception put the offense on a short field and led to a three-play, 42-yard drive capped by a 5-yard touchdown pass from Sam Ehlinger to Tarik Black to put the Longhorns ahead, 35-0, with 12:15 to go in the second quarter. Thompson appeared to play good technique in man coverage and high-pointed a throw from UTEP quarterback Gavin Hardison for the first takeaway of Chris Ash’s tenure as the defensive coordinator at Texas.

Saturday marked Thompson’s 27th career game as a Longhorn while the starting assignment was the fourth of his career. It was also arguably his best performance in a Texas uniform with Herman praising the Nacogdoches product for his work leading up to the season and what he’s meant to the Longhorns off of the field.

“He's on our leadership council, everybody looks up to him, he handles his business like a pro, he's very mature,” Herman said. “The young kids really gravitate towards him because he's got an easy way about him where he can speak to a young guy very seriously, very poignantly, but not demeaningly and not condescendingly. It's fun to watch him lead.”

As for Thompson’s play, he helped spearhead a defensive effort where the Longhorns held UTEP to 233 total yards (3.3 yards per play). Thompson was good in run support, helping Texas limit the Miners to 43 yards on the ground and just 1.3 yards per rushing attempt on the night.

“Obviously, you've got to play well to be a good leader and he came out tonight — we'd seen that throughout training camp him,” Herman said. “He did a heck of a job. Everybody wants to talk about the interception. That was a heck of a play. We needed it, but while he was in, played the game — not just that one play, but he every play that he was in played it really, really well.”

• Hook 'Em 2

14 minutes ago, Sgt Hulk said:

1cc3280b9933d90c07ba124f9360d74e.jpg

When he's not playing do I ask? Yeah, usually because I'm wondering why he's not fucking playing. 

Also, can't help but wonder if all of the ridiculous weight lifting he's been doing for years contributes to his injuries. But that's just the cynic in me. 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, ztejas said:

When he's not playing do I ask? Yeah, usually because I'm wondering why he's not fucking playing. 

Also, can't help but wonder if all of the ridiculous weight lifting he's been doing for years contributes to his injuries. But that's just the cynic in me. 

I think this is a huge factor in terms of stiffening/tightening his joints/ligaments/tendons etc. He absolutely reminds me of Kirk Johnson. Another ridiculously fit/muscle bound RB that couldn't ever stay healthy. Get Whittington out of the weight room and into a yoga studio. His injuries aren't from hits they are from cuts/plants etc.

Wish him the best as he seems to be so explosive (and I hate to see any player hurt) and would be huge addition on the field, but current course and speed you cannot count on him to stay healthy.

• Hook 'Em 6

16 minutes ago, MirrOlure said:

What's with all the anger and drama?  Dude needs to add a chill pill to his supplement regimen.

I think it's strange that people put messages like that out for the public. Seems sort of narcissistic. Also seems to be looking for conflict.

Good luck to Whittington. 

• Hook 'Em 4

15 minutes ago, BrazilHorn said:

I think this is a huge factor in terms of stiffening/tightening his joints/ligaments/tendons etc. He absolutely reminds me of Kirk Johnson. Another ridiculously fit/muscle bound RB that couldn't ever stay healthy. Get Whittington out of the weight room and into a yoga studio. His injuries aren't from hits they are from cuts/plants etc.

Wish him the best as he seems to be so explosive (and I hate to see any player hurt) and would be huge addition on the field, but current course and speed you cannot count on him to stay healthy.

Yeah, having your brother who’s muscle bound to the point of losing all functional athleticism be your primary trainer may not be the best idea unfortunately. I hope he makes some changes after this to focus on flexibility and functional athleticism. 

I was talking to his brother one day a while back at the car wash in Victoria. His brother is crazy jacked. I think you’re on to something here. JW has probably been lifting for years, probably started at too early of an age.

He needs to go to class, the pool, and the yoga studio. That’s probably it. For a while.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

Yeah, having your brother who’s muscle bound to the point of losing all functional athleticism be your primary trainer may not be the best idea unfortunately. I hope he makes some changes after this to focus on flexibility and functional athleticism. 

He needs this Sexy Beast as his trainer 

9af6b73f57d34e46f646ee3325726f8b.jpg

12 minutes ago, Handcruser said:

I was talking to his brother one day a while back at the car wash in Victoria. His brother is crazy jacked. I think you’re on to something here. JW has probably been lifting for years, probably started at too early of an age.

He needs to go to class, the pool, and the yoga studio. That’s probably it. For a while.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Surely we have a doctor or therapist or somebody who can examine him and determine if he's overmuscled. 

• immamac changed the title to HORNS FB INJURIES (2020)