HORNS FB INJURIES (2020)

LTtxfan

Also....

Cornerbacks K.Boyd (ankle) and Davante Davis (neck) are working their way back into practice and are expected to see action on Saturday.

Freshman linebacker Ayodele Adeoye  , who suffered a medial collateral ligament knee sprain, is starting to run a little and might start to practice next week.

Edited by LTtxfan
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Seeing that Rodriguez will start at Center and Kerstetter at RG.  If Rodriguez is going to start at Center, I would have liked to seen Imade get a shot at RG.

Yeah, Imade should be a road grader. 

Should see Okafor get some OT reps and wonder if Junior at Guard??

1 hour ago, LTtxfan said:

Hudson went to hospital due to high temperature Wed..... doing ok.  (Included ice bath , and time in ICU)

Shack rolled ankle.... out for Tulsa.

B.Jones out for Tulsa from leg injury in Maryland Game.

Further Clarifying..... Hudson was rushed to the hospital Wednesday after his body temperature rose excessively during practice and suffered "a full body cramp issue."  

Hudson, who also had to leave a fall camp practice because of cramping,  was put into an ice bath to by the TEXAS Training Staff to help control his body temperature but called for an ambulance to take Hudson to the hospital after his temperature didn't come down as much as it should have.

Patrick suffered from "heat illness," and the hospital "ran some tests and hopefully we'll be able to see why Patrick had such an issue when no one else on the team did."

Edited by LTtxfan
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, lemonandaturd said:

Some seniors like Shack about to get Wally Pipped.

Shack is a Junior..... but agree with your premise.  Time for more and more younger guys to fight their way to playing time.

Okafor, Imade and maybe Junior

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, BigHorn'13 said:

Also holy shit. We probably get to see the great DB class in action. 

Surprised that BJ might start at Safety beside Caden..... two Freshman starting at Safety🙃 😨🤣....

Wonder if Chris Brown or Josh Thompson see some time on Defense verses Tulsa??

57 minutes ago, scottsins said:

Why would you think that?

Can't speak for OP, but my thought has always been that Hudson has all the talent in the world and seems to have a great attitude, but needs a lot of development. That development includes being able to in a bunch of consecutive games in order to get a better feel for how the position is played when you can't just smash a 200 pound high school DE into the dirt. Given that he seems like he's hurt so much that it's going to really interfere with the sustained experience he needs. After hearing about what happened this week, I don't know if he'll ever be back, let alone this season. You just don't mess around with that kind of stuff and I'm glad the staff handled it the way they did.

2 hours ago, Revolution512 said:

Aside from this potentially being serious...There aren’t a lot of people with a stomach to keep fighting through things. From his recruitment, to his struggles to pick up the offense, to the knee injury and now this setback. 

Not many freshmen OL do pick up the offense well. At healthy programs they redshirt. 

Hudson looked great in limited snaps last year. I was thinking all-conference by junior year for him, but this could be it. A knee injury is one thing but a brush with death is another. 

1 hour ago, Digdogger said:

My sources in the program are telling me that Kyle Porter will start at center and safety to cover for the injuries.  He’s also expected to get the most snaps at RB

You have bad sources. Porter will not start, or even be listed on the depth chart, but he will play safety for the entire 4th quarter because you never want freshmen playing in the 4th quarter against an incredible, unbelievable Tulsa team.

1 hour ago, BigVegasHorn26 said:

This.  He got abused in the Maryland game. 

Like Bonney, he'd probably be better off at safety. The issue there is the talent he would be competing for with reps. It's too early to see a Sterns and Foster backfield, but this would be the game to do it. I really wish Chris Brown could find his way to the field in these situations because the guy's a thumper. 

ETA- That said, they'll probably put Locke there because of seniority.

Edited by BigHorn'13

1 hour ago, BigHorn'13 said:

Like Bonney, he'd probably be better off at safety. The issue there is the talent he would be competing for with reps. It's too early to see a Sterns and Foster backfield, but this would be the game to do it. I really wish Chris Brown could find his way to the field in these situations because the guy's a thumper. 

ETA- That said, they'll probably put Locke there because of seniority.

Wouldn't mind seeing Chris Brown, Anthony Cook and Josh Thompson getting some playing time verses Tulsa.

13 hours ago, campcrunk said:

Can't speak for OP, but my thought has always been that Hudson has all the talent in the world and seems to have a great attitude, but needs a lot of development. That development includes being able to in a bunch of consecutive games in order to get a better feel for how the position is played when you can't just smash a 200 pound high school DE into the dirt. Given that he seems like he's hurt so much that it's going to really interfere with the sustained experience he needs. After hearing about what happened this week, I don't know if he'll ever be back, let alone this season. You just don't mess around with that kind of stuff and I'm glad the staff handled it the way they did.

I remember the year Greg Oden came out. There was a ton of talk about who shout be the first pick of the draft between KD or Oden, and I remember one sports writer wrote a piece about Oden being a guaranteed bust. His theory was big guys like Oden who looked 45 when they were 20 never panned out. Strength, stamina, nagging injuries, wear and tear from their huge bodies, etc. I've kind of always had that vibe about Hudson. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, FloridaHorn said:

You have bad sources. Porter will not start, or even be listed on the depth chart, but he will play safety for the entire 4th quarter because you never want freshmen playing in the 4th quarter against an incredible, unbelievable Tulsa team.

You may be correct, but that’s what sources are for, to wade through the deception and bullshit. 

• immamac changed the title to HORNS FB INJURIES (2020)