HORNS FB INJURIES (2020)

LTtxfan

Just posting for reference.... (SHIT!!!)

AAS:  Linebacker Ayodele Adeoye suffered a shoulder injury Friday that required an MRI. Herman also said offensive lineman Jaylen Garth strained his pectoral muscle six weeks ago. Neither are considered long-term injuries, Herman said.

And...

Edited by LTtxfan

Good News from FCB:  "Saturday's scrimmage will probably end up looking more like a normal practice as coaches start to scale back the hitting two weeks from the start of the season." 

Here's my summary of all the injury/illness issues for this summer:

• Ayodele   (shoulder, out 3 wks)
  • Hookfin   (shoulder, out 2-3wks)
  • Dixon       (ankle sprain, out least 1wk)
  • Garth  (strained pectoral 6wks ago)  

Whittington has been limited in practices.  Other WRs have been recently sick/nicked up too.   Bijan had a tight groin earlier in camp.  Ingram has been slowed due to hamstring issues and an upper respiratory infection.  Josh Thompson had an ankle injury earlier in camp.  Woodard and Mitchell also missed practice time (stingers I think).  Tyler Johnson has also been slowed in camp due to an upper respiratory infection. 

(Foster recovered from broken hand...  Also Mader and Dorbah are back from their arthroscopic knee surgeries in July??  )

May be other injuries I missed... (maybe Chris Brown or Tyler Owens got banged up??)

Prayers🙏

• Speedy recovery for Omeire
  • Good health for Mpagi (heart)
  • Good health for Derrian Brown (head)

Edited by LTtxfan
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Knew Dajon had opted out, but nothing about him getting injured or Adimora's jaw surgery...

Thx for below info @Ricky's one-hitter

From The Humidor:

Opting out: "True freshman wide receiver Dajon Harrison opted out of the season. That caught everyone by surprise. He was injured and will need surgery but we’re not sure why that necessitated opting out."

We have to pass along this story on about Adimora. “He’s different. He had a tooth knocked out in August and it messed up his jaw. He had to have surgery on the jaw. He was back out the next day ready to go.”

Edited by LTtxfan

Glad Adeoye is back. We don't need injuiries at LB. 

On 9/4/2020 at 3:25 PM, LTtxfan said:

“He’s different. He had a tooth knocked out in August and it messed up his jaw. He had to have surgery on the jaw. He was back out the next day ready to go.”

He should consider hockey. 

TFB Notes

Super K

***Marcus Washington isn’t on the depth chart due to an injury that I previously mentioned. I was under the impression he would return to practice at the end of last week. A source I spoke to indicated that he may play this weekend. I can recheck this week.

***Also, Isaiah Hookfin is missing from the depth chart. As you already know he suffered a shoulder injury. One source I spoke to said he should be back for the Texas Tech game.

***In general, there is a lot of strength to this team but OL is not one of them. Unlike the DL, I’m going to need to see that unit before I buy it.

CJ Vogel

***Jake Smith’s Status For UTEP Game In Doubt

According to our sources, sophomore wide receiver Jake Smith may be sidelined for the season opener this Saturday against UTEP with a hamstring injury.  Smith could become the third Longhorn wide receiver to be out for the opener, joining freshmen Troy Omeire, who is recovering from a partially torn ACL, and Dajon Harrison who opted out of the season due to Covid concerns.

While the news is less than ideal to hear just days before kickoff, we speculate that if the Longhorns opened up against a more talented opponent, Smith might have suited up and attempted to play. So take the approach to the hamstring as precautionary at worst. Again, the the speculation about him playing against a legit opponent is just conjecture. 

For the time being, we believe Smith to be back in the lineup for the conference opener against Texas Tech on Sept. 26.

From TFB...

Covid Testing Results
– Super K

As you likely know by now, schools will be testing players three times per week including on Wednesday and Friday.

On the OU side, they had multiple positive tests this week which also triggered multiple contact tracing quarantines. Contact tracing quarantine is currently 14 days and is one of the biggest reasons some teams are losing players.

You can have three players that test positive but end up with over double that out because of contact tracing quarantine.

That’s exactly what has happened to OU.

I checked with a source on the Texas side and was told they had no positive tests come back yesterday. They will test again on Friday but so far so good.

Texas did have quite a few positives early. Obviously don’t want people to get it but if you have to get it, getting it early was better. I believe Texas’ entire starting secondary had previously tested positive. That eliminates a lot of people from being hit with a contact tracing quarantine. Compare that to OU where they’ve had zero starters in their secondary test positive but already have players now being forced to sit due to the contact tracing quarantine.

1 minute ago, Lhorn said:

Bummed about Whittington. Anybody see the injury? About the time of the injury I saw his limp a bit but not sure of that was the actual injury or not. Hopefully he doesn’t miss much time.

That was the play, the incomplete pass in the endzone.

1 minute ago, hornfromdallas said:
  Hide contents

asked my woo if he was going to be ok? nodded his head and walked away with a brace on his knee. didnt look good at all will ask again tomorrow im at party right nah 

He's going to get an MRI. Unfortunately it was a non-contact injury, which means we may have lost another ACL to the DKR turf.

4 hours ago, Neonmoon said:

Good news is he gets an extra year of eligibility 

it won’t matter, guys like him and kirk johnson aren’t really built for football.  they’ll just keep working out and become trainers.  which isn’t the worst gig, in this crazy world. 

29 minutes ago, hornfromdallas said:
  Reveal hidden contents

asked my woo if he was going to be ok? nodded his head and walked away with a brace on his knee. didnt look good at all will ask again tomorrow im at party right nah 

God I hope there are no players hanging out with your dumb ass.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, satyanash said:

He's going to get an MRI. Unfortunately it was a non-contact injury, which means we may have lost another ACL to the DKR turf.

So frustrating...and I hate it for him. I’m not to optimistic. Looked like a classic non-contact ligament tear.

• immamac changed the title to HORNS FB INJURIES (2020)