NFL Fans going goon not going away

usmc0331horn

9 hours ago, Beau Vine said:

DescriptionBookmark this section

Video footage from the KXAS-TV/NBC station in Fort Worth, Texas, to accompany a news story about Cowboys fan Daniel Yoder who accidentally caught fire in Texas Stadium during a game where the team went on to defeat the Minnesota Vikings to move on to Super Bowl XII. The story aired at 5:30 P.M.

Physical DescriptionBookmark this section

1 videocassette (Umatic) (46 sec.) : sd., col. ; 3/4 in.

Creation InformationBookmark this section

KXAS-TV (Television station : Fort Worth, Tex.) January 1, 1978.

ContextBookmark this section

This video is part of the collection entitled: KXAS-NBC 5 News Collection and was provided by UNT Libraries Special Collections to Digital Library, a digital repository hosted by the UNT Libraries. It has been viewed 186 times , with 15 in the last month . More information about this video can be viewed below.

Vol. 6, No. 4 - ‎Magazine
It was no laughing matter when Dallas ad-man Daniel Yoder's snowman suit ... its plaque read "Commissioned by Daniel P. Yoder 'Fan Him Out' Club " and bore ...

11 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

I was at that game, and it was so cold I thought about lighting myself on fire.  People were throwing blankets towards him for people to put him out.  This happened across the stadium from me and all of a sudden there was this big flame, I had no idea it was a person at the time.  

A side note, on the way home freezing rain began to fall.  The DFW area had a monster ice storm.  The next day Houston and Notre Dame played in the Cotton Bowl, and the rest is history.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

My Father and I were at that 77 playoff game and it was so cold that we had drank the thermos of hot chocolate prior to KO.

We were about 6 rows up and 3-4 seats over from the “Snowman” that got caught on fire.
As a young guy, I’d noticed him earlier, but took it as a weird fan. It was his bootleg-alcohol that he’d spilled upon himself that was the cause, then lighting a cigarette did him in!

When I got home, I’d asked my mom if they mentioned the snowman on fire, because we saw it all! All she mentioned was they talked about a commotion in the end zone stands - which was where we were!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
On 2/16/2019 at 2:43 PM, Beau Vine said:

Apparently, the man who caught fire was wearing a furry snowman costume and it became engulfed after he came in contact with a lit container of sterno fuel that was being used by a stadium vendor selling hot chocolate.

The victim reportedly suffered second-degree burns and it could have been much worse if a Vietnam veteran in the stands hadn’t acted quickly by throwing his fur coat over the fan covered in flames.

Dude in the white jersey (pro tip: you're a loser wearing game jerseys 99% of the time, I have one, it's signed, and is sitting in a drawer for the last 25 years) should have shut the fuck up. The 3-4 dudes that took him down were a bunch of fucking pussies doing a beat down on the guy once they had him down. Take him down, and sit on his ass till the cops come, and haul him away. (I can't believe the cops/security took that long to get there as it is) I simply cannot imagine any event short of a direct, personal attack on me or my family that would get me in a fight in any situation.  The NFL sucks, and should be banning people for life, and maybe you'd see that shit go away in most instances.  Course then we wouldn't have these great videos anymore.

It's a fucking sporting event, you ain't on the field, you ain't on the team. You know they were all going WE gonna beat your teams ass. There ain't no WE, you're a fucking fan. It ain't your college alma mater. You ain't on the team, you weren't there in the weight room, two a days, medical room, living the grind of an athlete, you ain't WE.  SORRY, END OF THAT RANT....

6 minutes ago, Harrison Bergeron said:

LA sports fans seem to be the worst. Remember that Giants fan a few years ago killed after getting jumped at Dodger Stadium.

LA or Oakland ?  LA has just never seemed to be a sports hungry place to me, other than the spectacle of it for movie marketing purposes. 

7 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

LA or Oakland ?  LA has just never seemed to be a sports hungry place to me, other than the spectacle of it for movie marketing purposes. 

I live out here.  I'd say 90% of the people DGAF.  I've seen Laker and Dodger gear and that's about it.  No other team gets represented.  However, it's a region with 24 million people and a lot of it is pretty hoody.  

• Like 1