NFL Fans going goon not going away

usmc0331horn

On 1/11/2024 at 2:05 PM, Al_4_ISU said:

I went to a Vikings game late last year and saw absolutely no obviously stupid fan behavior.

I hadn't been since 2014, and that day the first thing I encountered were 2 guys in Zubaz who had passed out and pissed themselves next to the elevator.  It was night and day.

It’s the same as people saying large cities are dangerous who never go to one. I’ve been to at least 40 NFL games as a visiting fan over the course of my life and have had zero incidents. 

Don’t start no shit….

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

On 9/22/2023 at 4:13 PM, Texzilla58 said:

Been to wrestling events, dozens of college games, truck pulls, PBR events, crazy rock shows, and they’re all like going to the fucking ballet.

Friend of mine sucker punched Hacksaw Jim Duggan when he was making his grand entrance at a Midsouth Wrestling extravaganza back in the day.  I honestly thought we were going to die right there and I didn't do nothin'.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

Friend of mine sucker punched Hacksaw Jim Duggan when he was making his grand entrance at a Midsouth Wrestling extravaganza back in the day.  I honestly thought we were going to die right there and I didn't do nothin'.

b6eebj.gif

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

On 1/12/2024 at 6:37 PM, Ignatius said:

It’s the same as people saying large cities are dangerous who never go to one. I’ve been to at least 40 NFL games as a visiting fan over the course of my life and have had zero incidents. 

Bullshit, everybody in every big city in America has been raped and murdered.  I can't explain the latest census figures since there's no people in said cities anymore, but it's likely a massive conspiracy!  

jokes aside, I don't make it to many NFL games but it's usually pretty vanilla.  It seems isolated to what you'd expect in America overall.  Football stadiums filled with morons out by the Cabela's and airport who are upset their team is losing and having to pay $83 to get drunk on 7 beers may, at times, engage in donnybrooks.  Plus when you see the women these guys bring to the game, woooof.  I'd be pissed too.  

19 hours ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

This is awesome, I bet your friend (and rightfully so) still drops that story at the bar now and again.  I had a few years of diehard interest in WWF in middle school.  And I remember going to their event at the Rosemont Horizon outside Chicago when I was about 11 or 12.  And walking out to the car, freezing our asses off, I see Hacksaw Jim Duggan rolling out from the secured entrance into the town car pickup line.  And he's wearing a t-shirt and breakaway pants.  But he's still carrying the 2x4.  And I watched him toss it a security guard like it was a nice gratuity or something.  It was like seeing the mall Santa take his beard and glasses off after a shift.  I knew wrestling was fake, but that basically crushed my boyhood fascination with it.  Never went to a wrestling event ever since.  But that was one entertaining motherfucker, and certainly somebody I wouldn't punch so kudos to your friend for making Jim's lazy eye get back into place.  

• Hook 'Em 1

I grew up in Memphis when wrestling was huge there. Early days of Jerry Lawler. Jimmy Hart was still playing music with the Gentrys. In college we would go to the big mid south colosseum matches on Monday nights sometimes and cheer for the heels, which back then might have been Lawler, or some Nazi tag team, or Japanese guys like Professor Tanaka, or a New Yorker. There were a couple of nights we pushed a bit over the line and I thought we would get shot by some old lady.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Texzilla58 said:

I grew up in Memphis when wrestling was huge there. Early days of Jerry Lawler. Jimmy Hart was still playing music with the Gentrys. In college we would go to the big mid south colosseum matches on Monday nights sometimes and cheer for the heels, which back then might have been Lawler, or some Nazi tag team, or Japanese guys like Professor Tanaka, or a New Yorker. There were a couple of nights we pushed a bit over the line and I thought we would get shot by some old lady.

Junkyard Dog was my main man.

• 2 months later...