Dallas officer kills man after mistaking apartment for her own, police say

'stache

The black friend, Kathy Odhiambo, worked together at tgi fridays at airport. known her for 10 years. 

Went to same high school and college (uta).   

Never worked together as police officers.  but kept being friends. 

"So caring, selfless thinks about everyone before herself" Amber is the sweetest person. 

She ran into the middle of 161 to get a changing table (that had blown off her car) for her pregnant black friend. 

Edited by msudawg

3 minutes ago, davidg said:

Commentators brought up a point that very few (none ???) of the witnesses have mentioned any apology to the family of Bo.   I don't think Amber did during her testimony.  Will Amber testify during this phase?

She did.  During a blubbering explosion, she apologized.

2 minutes ago, davidg said:

Commentators brought up a point that very few (none ???) of the witnesses have mentioned any apology to the family of Bo.   I don't think Amber did during her testimony.  Will Amber testify during this phase?

Serious question...What would she say at this point? She already did herself in on the stand by admitting intention to kill and to top it off, hearing noises before entering. Her texts/social media content is now being seen. Those crocodile tears won't do any good now. She does not come off sympathetic to a jury. And not to mention her sexting a married man leading to this shooting. Her on the stand just adds gasoline to this fire.

3 minutes ago, davidg said:

As the former judge said on commentary, it would likely be a HORRIBLE idea. The state will rip her apart no matter what for the texts and social media stuff. 

No apology will make up for the damage they would do to her on the stand again. 

4 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

I'm asking why this lady was better able to sell Amber's character than all of her best friends and family.

You know that thing people do when they answer questions like this sarcastically and replace all of the "S"'s in their response with dollar signs? This is similar but I am not sure how to replace the "S"'s with something that would imply it is because she is black.

10 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

Not sure what it says that BY FAR the defense's most effective character witness was a recovering crackhead that Guyger talked to once during a drug bust.  If I'm the jury, I'm asking why this lady was better able to sell Amber's character than all of her best friends and family.

Quite telling.  3 or 4 more of these and I could almost believe she would be worth some sympathy 

25 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

Not sure what it says that BY FAR the defense's most effective character witness was a recovering crackhead that Guyger talked to once during a drug bust.  If I'm the jury, I'm asking why this lady was better able to sell Amber's character than all of her best friends and family.

It says her friends and family know her better. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, davidg said:

She gets the option to address the courtroom right before the sentence is handed down, correct?

4 minutes ago, smuggs said:

"What I want you to do is ignore the racist texts and ridiculous facebook memes and do this: Focus on the abject stupidity of my client."   - Guyger Defense Team.

That's pretty much what they've got at this point, right? "Have pity on her, she's a moron"

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, tokamak said:

That's pretty much what they've got at this point, right? "Have pity on her, she's a moron"

That was exactly the sentiment between the racist callers on the radio.  'You can't blame her, she's dumb.'

A lawyer came on and actually said it was a 'Justifiable Homicide', because she had no idea where she was.

8 minutes ago, tokamak said:

The "have pity on her because she's a COP and they are going to put her in PRISON" strategy was bold.