Roy Moore will never be Governor of Alabama.

Cheeseweasel

Former Alabama Republican Senate candidate Roy Moore, who lost a December special election after allegations of past child molestation and sexual misconduct surfaced, floated a possible future bid for office in a statement released Thursday.

"I have no plans at this time to run for office. Nevertheless, plans change. If the opportunity arises to make a difference, I will have no reluctance to again run for political office, including that of governor," he said in the statement.

17 hours ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

I hope he runs...for the lulz....but he's gonna need to concede the senatorial race first so, probably won't run

He won't.  He wants a following and money.  He has to have an argument to get money.  But he won't run.

Most all the people who followed him have found a new standard bearer for their dreams.  And there is no shortage of people ready to assume the mantle.

All movements with a leader find a new leader when something happens to their leader.  Roy Moore was effectively shot.  The dreams of his followers were not linked to him.  There are dozens of others trying to take his place.

Well, the Republican goobernatorial candidates all said "Sure, we voted for Roy... was that wrong?" so you can either vote for Real Roy, or Decaf Roy (Hightower, Battle), or Possibly Not a Child-Molesting Sissy Preacher (Dawson), or Ain't-No-Yankih-Gon-Take-My-Monument Roy-with-a-VaJayJay (Ivey).

Then whoever wins keels over or gets arrested, and we get Yes-My-Fucking-Name-Actually-Is-"Twinkle"-So-Take-Me-Seriously Cavanaugh.

• 2 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

Oh, I could share some old shitty college gossip about Ole Twinkle (I had lots of friends that were ADPis at AU with her) but I'm afraid someone might be able to figure out who I am if I tell it.

I don't care for her much.

I think Lt Gov is a step or two above her max pay grade.

• Like 1

I love when girls tell on each other.

Once upon a time, I worked with two girls who were friends, but on alternating days. One of em would tell some little story on the other, and the next day I'd mention it to the second one, and she'd be all "Oh you think what I did was weird? Lemme tell you about HER."

And round and round it'd go, getting more bizarre. I mean DAMN they did some shit.

So last-runner preacher-boy Dawson took a shot at Guvnah Ivey because she passed through some Fed money to  prevent bullying of gay kids.

Ivey shot back "blah bla blah, and anyway I don't support such an agenda."

Then "It's Pat" Patricia Todd, who was the first openly lesbian Alabama legislator and who claims to have the goods on everybody, outs Ivey via Twitter.

https://www.al.com/news/index.ssf/2018/05/patricia_todd_speaks_i_hate_hy.html

Todd could probably out all the other Republicans as well, but they are far weaker than Ivey. If the Roy Moore Mall-Roamer vote puts one of the weaker dudes up in the primary, they get to face Tornado Hero Boy of the Democrats, Walt Maddox.

And the end result of all this is:

1. Dawson still has zero chance to be Governor,

2. Nobody cares to think about Kay Ivey having sex with anyone, and

3. Patricia Todd blew up her own cushy new job by her outing actions: http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/os-one-orlando-pulls-patricia-todd-offer-tweet-gay-governor-20180517-story.html

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Cheeseweasel said:

He only brought the donuts.

I won, btw.  For a state committee seat just like the one Kayla wanted.  Like most candidates I was unopposed.  I was also unopposed for a county seat.

I suspect Kayla was targeted.  The way candidates are targeted is to have a popular person run against them, filing after the targeted person files.  (The targeted person can't refile for a different seat.) The filing fee is only $50 for a state seat and $25 for a county seat.  I did not check to see her opponent was, as if I'd know anything if I did.

Most committee members are nobodies like me, with essentially zero name recognition.  A contested race almost always goes to the person who has a smidgen of name recognition in their precinct (e.g. goes to a big church in their precinct).  It is bizarre that somebody with the obvious name recognition of Kayla could lose.  There is obviously a story there - either a big anti-Roy sentiment or a prominent player who bushwhacked her by filing to run against her instead of a nobody.

Edited by TahoeHorn
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Cheeseweasel said:

Congrats. You're not in my district, so I couldn't vote for you.

Some day, I'm going to write in @RDCanecutter for Guvnah.

We have thirteen regular (elected by the public) seats.  Only two races were on the ballot.  I was unopposed so I wasn't on the ballot.  If I were I'd probably lose. 

Usually candidates don't even campaign except on Facebook or to their friends.  The seats have little power.  It's for people who stuff envelopes and bring doughnuts.  We (450 or so)  meet twice a year and largely rubber stamp the stuff decided by the 21 person Steering Committee.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, relapse98 said:

Good lord. I want to burn the entire state of bammy for that autoplaying video. Rise and shine, motherfuckers.

It's so bad, it's bad. But I love how bad it is. I voted for Dial simply because he paid some musicians pot money to pule that shit out. What did the other guy do? Be gray and boring, and leave musicians with no money for pot. Plus, Dial pronounces "bring" as "brang". Surely the crops will grow magically higher on hearing such a word.

1 hour ago, RDCanecutter said:

It's so bad, it's bad. But I love how bad it is. I voted for Dial simply because he paid some musicians pot money to pule that shit out. What did the other guy do? Be gray and boring, and leave musicians with no money for pot. Plus, Dial pronounces "bring" as "brang". Surely the crops will grow magically higher on hearing such a word.

A true patron of the arts. I love me a good or bad jingle.

Of course, imagine the scandal when it comes out that was made in a studio in Nashville or Dallas.

Edited by Mole
  • Like 1

One of the interesting races was for Public Service Commission.  Jeremy Oden, the incumbent, was against Joe Bonner, a nobody, or so everybody thought.  Bonner had two things in his favor.  One, he used Trumpesque, flamboyant campaigning to draw free publicity. Two, his name was confused with two former highly popular politicians, Jo  Bonner and Judy Bonner.  Bonner made such outlandish statement that he was censured by the State Party.  Jo Bonner called a press conference to say he and Ji were different people.  Still Bonner polled ahead of Oden.  Finally the State Party voted to decertify the votes (they don't count) of Bonner.  In the election Bonner received a few more votes than Oden, but Oden wins.  We'll see if there is a big stink.  I bet not.

14 hours ago, TahoeHorn said:

One of the interesting races was for Public Service Commission.  Jeremy Oden, the incumbent, was against Joe Bonner, a nobody, or so everybody thought.  Bonner had two things in his favor.  One, he used Trumpesque, flamboyant campaigning to draw free publicity. Two, his name was confused with two former highly popular politicians, Jo  Bonner and Judy Bonner.  Bonner made such outlandish statement that he was censured by the State Party.  Jo Bonner called a press conference to say he and Ji were different people.  Still Bonner polled ahead of Oden.  Finally the State Party voted to decertify the votes (they don't count) of Bonner.  In the election Bonner received a few more votes than Oden, but Oden wins.  We'll see if there is a big stink.  I bet not.

The Shadow of Charlie Graddick looms.

5 minutes ago, TahoeHorn said:

Oops.  I lied.  In returns after I went to bed Oden passed Bonner.  Stink averted.

https://www.al.com/news/index.ssf/2018/06/alabama_public_service_commiss_3.html

Say what you will about Roy Moore, but if he had been censured like Bonner just was, Moore would have already figured out how to raise a million bucks off of it.

9 minutes ago, RDCanecutter said:

Say what you will about Roy Moore, but if he had been censured like Bonner just was, Moore would have already figured out how to raise a million bucks off of it.

Da libs are tryin' ta take Gaaaawwwwwd outta our lives! Send me money to fight Obamer and his lib buddies!

Look! Jew lawyer!

10 hours ago, Cheeseweasel said:

You seem like the kind of person who'd vote for Twinkle.

Um, please read back a page - I had loads of friends back in the stone ages who were ADPis at Auburn with Twinkle.  I would NEVER cast a vote for her.  She's a sneaky mean girl.

13 hours ago, Bama Chick said:

Um, please read back a page - I had loads of friends back in the stone ages who were ADPis at Auburn with Twinkle.  I would NEVER cast a vote for her.  She's a sneaky mean girl.

I was just teasing ya! I know that you and Twinkle used to run together. I'm sure there's ZAP's somewhere to prove it!

1 minute ago, Steamboat1874 said:

These two need to go back and put their white robes and hoods on and suffocate themselves.

They are a symptom of the disease. There's some real hate out there and the Roy Moore's of the world have tapped into them (and are making a buck off of them). 

I want them out in the public. I want them having followers. Makes it easier to spot the morons and racists. 

1 hour ago, Cheeseweasel said:

They are a symptom of the disease. There's some real hate out there and the Roy Moore's of the world have tapped into them (and are making a buck off of them). 

I want them out in the public. I want them having followers. Makes it easier to spot the morons and racists. 

We don't need Roy for that as long as we've got MAGA hats.

I see Roy&Kayla as 90% Scam Artist and 10% Anything Else.

They know the language of Old Time Religion, so that is what they speak to get their scam on. If, instead, they could speak finance, medical, or tech, they'd be scamming a la Madoff or Theranos.

Edited by RDCanecutter
  • Like 1