Roy Moore will never be Governor of Alabama.

Cheeseweasel

The liberal dream is fading.  Moore is toast.

1.  Voters are taking Trump's instructions seriously.  And Trump has way more clout than Moore.

2.  Moore just polled 13% and falling. 

3. John Merrill (Sec State and prominent politician) is new to the race.

4. Unlike Luther Strange none of Moore's prominent opponents have high negatives.

5.  Last but not least, Moore did not attend the Potato Festival in the little town of Henagar today.  He lives an hour away.  Tuberville and Merrill were there. 

In GOP circles you've got:

- my demo (Chamber of Commerce/RINO/country club), which didn't vote for Moore in the race against Jones, and always had him last.  

- Trumpists, who have clear marching orders to vote no

- Evangelicals, who were his base, but can find a better flag bearer for the paragon of morality.  Some talk Mooney.

- Libertarians, who never liked him

- Opportunists, who see him as a loser

31% of GOP voters said they would not vote Moore if he were the nominee.

Moore is not visible to me but my world is not the world of Moore's supporters.  But today I ventured deep into the heart of what should be Moore country ( near Gadsden and gospel singing was the breakfast entertainment.  Lots of gospel singing.  Lots of gospel musicians and singers.  A little soft preachin' too.).  No sign of Moore or Moore support.  All Tuberville and Merrill.  (Not the Byrne demo and Byrne lives 300 miles away.)

-  

• Like 1

1.  Voters are taking Trump's instructions seriously.  And Trump has way more clout than Moore.
4. Unlike Luther Strange none of Moore's prominent opponents have high negatives.
5.  Last but not least, Moore did not attend the Potato Festival in the little town of Henagar today.  He lives an hour away.  Tuberville and Merrill were there. 
- my demo (Chamber of Commerce/RINO/country club), which didn't vote for Moore in the race against Jones, and always had him last.  
- Evangelicals, who were his base, but can find a better flag bearer for the paragon of morality.  Some talk Mooney.
Moore is not visible to me but my world is not the world of Moore's supporters.  But today I ventured deep into the heart of what should be Moore country ( near Gadsden and gospel singing was the breakfast entertainment.  Lots of gospel singing.  Lots of gospel musicians and singers.  A little soft preachin' too.).  No sign of Moore or Moore support.  All Tuberville and Merrill.  (Not the Byrne demo and Byrne lives 300 miles away.)
-  

Oh shut the fuck up you rancid redneck.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, TahoeHorn said:

-  

Hello, coward. 

14 hours ago, TahoeHorn said:

-  

Go fuck a doughnut and then eat it you dumb dipstick.

4 hours ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

No way someone can survive the race if they didn't attend the almighty Henagar Potato Festival.

I mean, really?  

Probably just the annual Betsy Ross klan rally 

2 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

Moore will be the republican nominee. Because he’s the biggest piece of shit in the race and that’s what the current Republican Party likes the most, despite Tahoe’s ridiculous optimism/naivety. 

I look forward to the new swear words that Bama Chick will conjure up in response.

• 3 years later...

https://www.cnn.com/2022/07/08/entertainment/sacha-baron-cohen-roy-moore/index.html

Actor Sacha Baron Cohen has defeated an appeal brought by former Alabama judge Roy Moore, who claimed the British comedian had defamed him in a program where he falsely accused Moore of being a pedophile.

The three judge panel in the 2nd US Circuit Court of Appeals in Manhattan unanimously ruled Thursday to throw out the $95 million lawsuit from Moore and his wife against Cohen, Showtime and its corporate owner, CBS, over a segment of the "Who Is America?" program, which aired on Showtime in 2018.

During the segment, Cohen interviewed Moore, the former Chief Justice of the Supreme Court of Alabama and controversial Republican who lost a special election to fill the US Senate seat vacated by Jeff Sessions, under the ruse of receiving a prize in honor of his support for the state of Israel.

Baron Cohen presented himself as an Israeli anti-terrorism expert and former intelligence agent in the segment, during which he showed news clips reporting allegations from the time of Judge Moore's Senate campaign that he had engaged in sexual misconduct. (Moore denied the allegations.)

In character, Baron Cohen described a fictional "pedophile detector." During the episode, the device -- which looks like a hand-held metal detector -- was shown beeping near Moore, implying that he was a pedophile. Moore walked out of the interview.

In its decision, the Second Circuit said Judge Moore signed a release waiver ahead of the interview, the plain text of which barred Moore from future claims for defamation, intentional infliction of emotional distress, and fraud. The court also agreed with a lower court, "that the segment at issue was clearly comedy and that no reasonable viewer would conclude otherwise."

“Humor is an important medium of legitimate expression and central to the well-being of individuals, society, and their government," the ruling stated.

Larry Klayman, Moore's attorney, told CNN Friday that they plan to petition for a re-hearing. Klayman said he thought the ruling was a "terrible decision" that goes "far beyond Roy Moore," suggesting that at least two of the judges on the three-judge panel, who were all appointed by Democratic Presidents Clinton and Obama, took issue with Moore because he is a Republican.

CNN has reached out to the US Circuit Court of Appeals for response to Klayman's claim of bias.

Klayman added he thought the case should have gone to a jury and that the release Moore signed was "ambiguous." In the consent agreement, Moore had crossed out by hand a section dealing with sexual content. To that point, that court ruled, "We are not persuaded."

Great Success Win GIF

• Hook 'Em 1

At any moment now, the end of the political spectrum that includes Dennis Hastert, Roy Moore, Ted Nugent, Donald Trump, Matt Gaetz, Milo Yiannopoulos, Jim Jordan, The Southern Baptist Convention, and Mike Huckabee is gonna drop the hammer on the Democratic Pedo Cabal and shit is gonna hit the fan. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

18 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

Damnit. I saw this bumped and my first thought was “Oh damn, I hope he died or something.”

the bizarro version of when i see some famous old person trending and my first thought is, "oh shit, i hope he's not dead or something"